Hostelling International - Chamounix Mansion Reviews

3250 Chamounix Drive, West Fairmount Park, Philadelphia, USA

Safer and happy there than several other local motels. Booked again for the coming week.

• 24th Aug 2015

Really fun unique place to stay. Would have definitely stayed for longer. Cool vibes, tight knit group with the others staying there- maybe due to the homey atmosphere. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Really eager to make you feel like part of the group. Only rated the location down because you cannot (easily) walk to the historic Philadelphia sites, but that's not what this place is about. Plus you can always catch a cab/bus. Check out Spruce street harbor market. Good deal, hard beds.

It's reasonably priced but getting to the city isn't very easy. I figured out the transit system but they could have helped by providing some more detail. The bikes you can check out are a great way to go. You can put them on the front of the bus. The beds are really uncomfortable. But $22 is $22. Also Abbe is crabby but all the other staff were really friendly and helpful

We only stayed here one night, it wasn't in centre of philly which we thought, we had to be back for 2am which was annoying because we wanted to party! It was very clean though, nice place. Not many people. Quiet.

Nice atmosphere and house. But poor location, far from downtown.

More a resort than a hostel, with beautiful surroundings, fantastic staff, and interesting fellow guests. My one complaint was the thin mattress and overabundant airconditioning that wasted energy and forced me to sleep fully clothed.

• 24th Jul 2015

Very quite and clean. however, a little inconvenience to get downtown! It is cheap but you will spend more money for the bus, just like same price live in the city. To hot when you walk to the bus stop all sweaty a lot! But I think is very good for group camping there! Very nice park!

Awesome old house in a nice park. It's clearly not in the city center, but I still would recommend it due to its fantastic staff and the beauty of the old house.

Please change those beds now. Probably the worst bed i've slept in my entire life. That would have been a reason not to stay in your hostel, plus the location and the difficulties of taxis and ubers to get there.

Very pretty mansion, friendly and helpful staff, good common rooms, not expensive and located in the beautiful Fairmount park. True hostel experience, I met some really nice people. Good and open information on the possible drawbacks (distance to the bus and lockout time). Matrasses definitely need improvement and the carriage house (I slept close to the main door) is noisy in the morning. Pancakes are nice but e.g. cereal for a bit diversity would be nice.

Historic and elegant, but far from bus lines.

It was a comfortable place with beautiful outside surroundings. I had more enjoyment than I expected.

• 30th May 2015

I think in case of hostel facility, everything was good except for a shower tool. Water pressure was too strong.

• 12th May 2015
  • South Korea

We've been getting complaints about the shower heads, so I am going to ask my boss to have someone take a look at them. I have the same type of shower head in my apartment here and it's fine. I wonder if it may have calcium and rust build up. I'm sorry, that must have been painful! I hope you didn't have a sun burn! Thanks for your comments. Abbe

Very nice hostel, out of the way and quiet if you like that sort of thing, which I do. Lovely building, I enjoyed the Federal style rooms. Beds and pillows are a little hard for my taste, but still a nice place especially for the price.

Mattresses are on our wish list, to be sure. I hope that you were able to get a good night's sleep. though. Guests do double up mattresses and put blankets underneath. They are very resourceful, and I am glad, because if that's what it takes to alleviate the mattress problem until we get new mattresses, then everyone sleeps well at night! Thanks for the comment. Abbe

A meravigliose historical mansion in a huge natural park,silence and comportable,well equiped kitchen, enaugh and original common spaces with furniture which has antique value, sleeping rooms well but it is not easy to sleep because of the beds which are very thin , old thin sheets and 100 % poliester blankets ,bath rooms are clean .Thousands thanks to Andrew for her kindly manner, but the all other person have to learn from him,like an old man walking around and observing everybody .

A bit out of the way, but if you have a car, it's a great place to stay. My GPS had trouble finding it - it's a good idea to have directions with you before you start out. The surroundings are peaceful with a nearby horse barn and several cats outside on the porch. The staff were friendly and helpful. The building and furnishings are charming antiques. The bathrooms were clean but the showers were tiny and the shower heads were not adjustable. No 3-prong outlets in the bedrooms.

• 10th Apr 2015

The place is pretty weird and was closed when I got there. It's pretty far from downtown.

• 21st Mar 2015

If you like quiet, It's good place for stay.

The host is very nice. The hostel is in a very beautiful area and good for those who have a car. But if you don't have a car it will be a far distance to the first bus stop.

• 3rd Dec 2014
  • Iran

Cool place , quirky staff, location was out but super easy to get into town!! Great kitchen and huge rooms but heating was pretty bad it got cold at night.. Goodbye white cat!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7