Hostelling International - Chamounix Mansion Reviews

3250 Chamounix Drive, West Fairmount Park, Philadelphia, USA

Great hostel. I would definitely recommend staying there. It is a bit far from the downtown, so you have to plan your day. To get to the city, you have to walk 15-20 minutes to the bus stop and then take the bus for 30 minutes. Other than that, everything else was perfect.

The staff is so warm, friendly and accommodating. The area is beautiful, tucked away in this beautiful forest park and surrounded by old, towering trees. Very magical. And the hosts are so kind! The only complaint is that they kept double booking my bed, and often found someone sleeping in it when I got home. Maybe not the most organized, but defintely the friendliest hostel I've ever stayed in. There's pancakes in the morning!

• 12th Jun 2014

A friend and I just stayed there overnight on a road trip. It was far away from the city, but we drove there, so it wasn't really an issue for us. Cute hostel and generally great atmosphere -- loved chatting with the guy at the front desk!

Worst beds ever! So thin like a pillow and We all suffered back-pains later. I woke up hitting my head on ceiling! Its pathetic!! Makes lots of noise once anyone walks Location is far away from city, around $24 taxi one-way! To add to that they have 2am curfew and Lock-out time.

nice ostel a little bit outside of downtown...20min. walking from the bus stop...

it's very strange that people have to leave the building from 11am to 4:30 pm, when people travel sometimes we are very tired and need to rest, so they shouldn't have this rule!

The staff (Andrew, Aaron, and Abbe) were extremely helpful and kind. I felt very safe and all my needs were completely taken care of! Thank you...!

• 2nd Apr 2014

Little far but it's actually pretty good to be out from the city to experience something different. The hostel building has pretty long history and it feels amazing.

Very cool old house - has a lot of character. It's a bit of a drive to get to things, but the area is gorgeous.

Very far from downtown. We walked a lot then we left the bus. We were cold all night. Nice staff. Good place...

• 15th Feb 2014
  • Paraguay

The matress are very uncomfortable, making really difficult to sleep in.

• 30th Oct 2013
  • Colombia

You can't stay in the hostel between 11am till 4pm.

I found that the hostel staff was adequate but not friendly. The guests except for a handful were rude, thoughtless, and loud. I understand that curfew is at 2 a.m. but they would do well to enforce quiet hours after 11. On my last night there were at least six of us in bed, most asleep when at 12:20 someone swung open the door and flipped on the lights.

• 18th Oct 2013

Mansion great. Stable awful...felt as if in jail. excellent otherwise. you need to put a working light in tv rm stable and facility for drinking water. Otherwise, perfect

• 22nd Sep 2013

I felt like I was staying in a museum. Great experience! Friendly staff. Located right next to a horse stable where you can work to ride for free. I would definitely stay here again. The only negative is that breakfast accommodations are minimal.

Awful location with poor transport links. If you don't mind walking for a long time to get in to the city then it's a cheap stay worth the money.

My first time in a hostel and I enjoyed it greatly.

• 17th Sep 2013

Thanks for the amazing stay, everything was perfect and I really enjoyed my time. The hostel was very clean, in a nice park, may (free) facilities. I was really happy and for the first time in my life tried to make pancakes :)

• 13th Sep 2013

Good place for $20 a night, but far out of town, long walk down a dark road in the middle of nowhere, bit sketch if you're a young women. Women at reception was pretty close to useless. Even gave my bed away which I discovered at 1am when I returned from a music festival. For $20 a night can't really complain though.

Lovely hostel with helpful staff, the only thing that lets it down is the location but the bus stop isn't far away and it doesn't take that long to get into the centre.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7