Hostelling International - Chamounix Mansion Reviews

3250 Chamounix Drive, West Fairmount Park, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

The staff (Andrew, Aaron, and Abbe) were extremely helpful and kind. I felt very safe and all my needs were completely taken care of! Thank you...!

• 2nd Apr 2014

Little far but it's actually pretty good to be out from the city to experience something different. The hostel building has pretty long history and it feels amazing.

Very far from downtown. We walked a lot then we left the bus. We were cold all night. Nice staff. Good place...

• 15th Feb 2014
  • Paraguay

The matress are very uncomfortable, making really difficult to sleep in.

• 30th Oct 2013
  • Colombia

You can't stay in the hostel between 11am till 4pm.

I found that the hostel staff was adequate but not friendly. The guests except for a handful were rude, thoughtless, and loud. I understand that curfew is at 2 a.m. but they would do well to enforce quiet hours after 11. On my last night there were at least six of us in bed, most asleep when at 12:20 someone swung open the door and flipped on the lights.

• 18th Oct 2013

Mansion great. Stable awful...felt as if in jail. excellent otherwise. you need to put a working light in tv rm stable and facility for drinking water. Otherwise, perfect

• 22nd Sep 2013

I felt like I was staying in a museum. Great experience! Friendly staff. Located right next to a horse stable where you can work to ride for free. I would definitely stay here again. The only negative is that breakfast accommodations are minimal.

Awful location with poor transport links. If you don't mind walking for a long time to get in to the city then it's a cheap stay worth the money.

My first time in a hostel and I enjoyed it greatly.

• 17th Sep 2013

Thanks for the amazing stay, everything was perfect and I really enjoyed my time. The hostel was very clean, in a nice park, may (free) facilities. I was really happy and for the first time in my life tried to make pancakes :)

• 13th Sep 2013

Good place for $20 a night, but far out of town, long walk down a dark road in the middle of nowhere, bit sketch if you're a young women. Women at reception was pretty close to useless. Even gave my bed away which I discovered at 1am when I returned from a music festival. For $20 a night can't really complain though.

Lovely hostel with helpful staff, the only thing that lets it down is the location but the bus stop isn't far away and it doesn't take that long to get into the centre.

Good porch and common area for meeting new friends. Secure, clean enough, but bunk beds were the worst I've ever experienced. I would've rather paid more per night in exchange for a bed that was bearable. At times, staff was intrusive and unfriendly.

• 25th Aug 2013

love the oversized tree out front.

• 18th Aug 2013

Fantastic atmosphere and exceptionally good value for money. The location is frustrating, we had to walk a long way to get anywhere but otherwise it was a very pleasant stay. Rooms were clean and bathroom, kitchen, and living facilities were clean and modern. Overall very happy.

I really loved this location, even though it would be tough without a car. The setting was very peaceful, staff was helpful, everything was clean, and it was quiet. Highly recommend, we would definitely stay here again!

• 12th Jul 2013

The location was very nice, really beautifull! But when you decide to go to philly it's difficult with public transfer. First you have a walk of 20 min and then it takes about an hour to get downtown.

Great hostel to be if you visit Philly with a car. It's located in Fairmount Park and so there's very little traffic in the area. Very nice and peaceful area. Facilities provided are very basic but sufficient since we were out most of the day and only stayed for an evening. Enjoyed the stay very much!

great staff, but very hard to get to. if you have a car, its the place to go.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7