Hostelling International New York Reviews

891 Amsterdam Avenue, NY 10025-4403, New York, USA

Perfect kitchen. Perfect activities, This is my first time in hostel, Brilliant place to spend time here (I stayed in The manhattan hotel at time square a night before coming here, i thought the hostel would be worse than that, but sincerely, it is super clean! And know what? The staffs are better than that hotel) Itms not far from attractions, I also see families book for this. Great value and great time to stay. Will come back for sure! Really recommend!

• 15th Apr 2014
  • adarin
  • Thailand

Great facilities. Everything a good hostel should be

Had to change rooms after two nights because I was placed in a mixed dorm when I had specifically booked a female only, but other than that it was all good.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

i heard that the neiborhood is unsafe but i think it is all right. though it is not close to the tourism places, the subway station nearby provided conveniant ways for tourists. in general, a nice place to stay.

Perfect in almost every way. The only issue I had was the water pressure in the shower- it was laughable. Plus, you need to shower in the afternoon or evening if you want warm water. Also, make sure to bring your own towels.

• 9th Apr 2014

Sure this is a good hostel. Clean and well run. Can't fault it for what it is. Only problem is that is a huge hostel, so it is that bit more difficult to meet people. That said, the events in the evening are pretty good for that. Wish I'd realised earlier!

It's like coming home, but with a cafe and friends. .

• 4th Apr 2014

I would have liked the option of a same sex dorm. Had to dress in bathroom. When I arrived I was the only female there . I travel alone most of the time..

Everything was really great! Only inconvinience had was that you here floors above, but since you come really tired, it wasn't an issue at all. Great staff and the tours really awesome too!

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Argentina

Highly recommend doing some of the tours offered by the hostel, particularly Jerry's Grand Tour. It's a full day walking tour that covers a lot of the 'must do's' in NYC. Jerry is an entertaining, knowledgable and passionate guide who ensures everyone has a fantastic day.

Great hostel. Easy access to south Manhattan by subway and in a good area, it's sorrounded by bars with reasonable prices. Only thing missing is a bar in the hostel

Excellent place! The best hostel ever!

• 27th Mar 2014
  • rocksoff
  • Spain

the best hostel i have been at so far.

• 26th Mar 2014

One of the best hostels I've ever been, excelent choice. In my experience nothing bad to say about it.

All was perfect :) Very polite staff, pretty comfortable accommodation. Very clean bathrooms. See you in future)

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • Russia

I have hosteled a lot in New York , and this was definitively my best stay. Great facilities, great atmosphere, and like, yeah, it's uptown, but hey it's Manhattan, square meter is really expensive. Close to subway. way close.

An excellent hostel for a bargain price. The nights out were the highlight, with there being lots of opportuntiy to meet new people. I travelled there alone, so I was pleased to find that there were many other solo travellers there too. The facilities are excellent, and the location good (right next to a subway stop). I'd recommend this hostel to anyone travelling to NY.

Awesome experience, great hostel and staff, food, and the people that I socialized with. Overall a great place to stay and would be back if I travel New York again. Well organized with pub crawls and tours of the city, I'm glad I chose HI-NewYork. cheers!

• 19th Mar 2014

Big, nice hostel in Manhattan on the Upper West Side. Very good location and reasonable price considering it is New York. Nothing to complain about the facilities, it is just a real shame that it is not allowed to drink inside the building otherwise the atmosphere would be just great.

A massive hostel that is as easily as good as any cheap hotel in New York, easy subway connection which makes it so much easier getting to the main attractions.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5