Hostelling International Phoenix Reviews

1026 North 9th Street, Phoenix, Arizona, USA

Not located in a great area I am told (Garfield district). Not much atmosphere at the hostel. Staff is fine. Breakfast is pretty restricted. Overall, I was satisfied with my stay.

Great hostel, very small but warm and friendly, perfect location in a quiet area close to roosevelt street with a lot of coffee shop, bars and restaurants.

Had a fantastic time staying at this awesome hostel, great staff, great fellow travelers, awesome environment and atmosphere! Definitely recommend to any traveler visiting Phoenix!

• 3rd Jan 2014
  • New Zealand

Increible! This is the best hostel I have ever been to! The staff was so helpful and showed me many things in Phoenix. It was safe, they have door codes instead of keys, and very very clean. There was so much to do, I went on a tour to Sedona with their Volunteer Kestley and then we went on an art walk another night and a professional Hockey game another night! The Phoenix Hostel had tours and activities for every day AND they have amazing art events. I wish I could have stayed longer!!

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Chile

What an awesome place to stay! Everyone was so welcoming and there was a real feeling of community with the other hostellers and the staff. I can't say enough about the staff. They were so enthusiastic. It made me regret only being there for one day. The location was interesting because there was so much to do within walking distance and everyone had suggestions for how I should spend my time there. I tried to do as many as possible. One of the best experiences I've had. Stay Here!

• 23rd Dec 2013

More than just a lodging spot, Metcalf House felt like a representation of the community: neighborhood, downtown, local environment and culture. Especially meaningful, the hostel was about local people and issues. My stay didn't encompass it all, advertised and talked about were evenings at the hostel where people were invited in to share with hostelers and community about poetry, politics, environment, culture. The feel was warm: simple, but full of art, reflecting travelers' countries.

• 22nd Dec 2013

Greatest hostel so far!!! Lots happening tour, music, events at hostel!!!!We arrived to eat breakfast with many travelers, and spend the day hiking with Kate - the manager, then back to hostel to have a dinner with every traveler. We stayed four day and had to the opportunity to watch a play with people living near the hostel. Then went to the bar to listen to music and drink and shared stories ! Lot of fun movies, alcohol is allowed so that is good, but not loud. Amazing stay for us. !!!

I enjoyed my stay with friendly and helpful staff and a nice place to mingle with other travel-minded people....

• 19th Nov 2013
  • Vietnam

The most beautiful, magical garden ever!

• 18th Nov 2013

The hostel is located in a quite neighborhood and the main touristic places are at a walking distance. The staff is very friendly and always willing to help you arrange tours to Jerome, Sedona, Flagstaff or wherever you want to go in Arizona. Also they organize activities to share with other guests and have a great time during your stay.