Hostelling International San Diego, Point Loma Reviews

3790 Udall St, San Diego, California, USA

One of the best Hostels I've ever been to. The Staff is outstanding friendly and the Hostel is well equipt with everything what you need, a friendly atmosphere and clean, nice and comfortable rooms is what you get for an absolutely affordable price

I really like the hostel because the staffs are very kind, friendly, cool and helpful. The facilities are prefect. The Wifi also good. The hostel also closes by bus top to go downtown. I also can walk to go Ocean Beach.

Staying at Hostelling International San Diego, Point Loma was a great experience, both me and my fiance enjoyed our time. We'll definetly consider staying there again. It's avery quiet and nice neigbourhood, not so far from the beach. (We had a car but it's possible to walk) The staff is very friendly. Wish they had private bathroom options though. I'd certainly recommend it!

Not a party hostel but very relaxing. 2 minute walk to shops, restaurants, supermarket and bus stop for downtown. Beach is a 20 minute walk but it's a lovely walk. Facilities clean and room comfortable and cosy. LOVED the lounge room with the biggest TV I've ever seen and Netflix, amazing! Unfortunately Wifi doesn't work in all the rooms, they charge $5 each for dinners if you're interested (lots of SD hostels put on free dinners a couple nights), and there are many signs dictating "rules".

great staff, great facilities, the staff took us on a free tour to a farmers market. would 100% stay with HI again.

Such a lovely place to stay! Beds are amazing with memory foam mattress! Advertise free dinners but its 5$ but well worth it, food was amazing! Loved the free hot chocolate! Only thing wiuld suggest is bit more light in the showers! Really great place to stay though

A very nice place to stay: clean and very comfortable beds. Located about a 25 minute walk from Ocean Beach, conveniently across a grocery store and a small handful of restaurants, and inexpensive dinners provided at the hostel. Street parking is usually available and free. I ended up extending to use the full 14 days allowed. No alcohol on the premise - so not a party place, but it is a very social place.

Great experience. Cozy and clean room

I stayed here for 2 two nights and really enjoyed it! Very clean and quiet, great kitchen, great price. It was more like a bed and breakfast than a hostel, very relaxing. If you are looking for a party hostels downtown are the way to go, but if you want something comfortable and quiet Point Loma is perfect!

• 31st Dec 2013

Despite having good facilities, this place is too chilled to be called a backpackers hostel. No beers allowed. Lights off after 10pm. HI hostels are almost all like this. Poor atmosphere, poor location, good staff and good facilities - that's what this place is about. Will not come back.

I had a wonderful time and wish I could stay there forever. I enjoyed last year, and that is why I chose Hostelling International San Diego, Point Loma again this year. The place was so clean you could eat off the floor, and the staff were the greatest as usual. Anyone who has a negative comment about Point Loma should stay home. All those I associated with during the 6 days just loved the hostel. 5 stars and a rating of 100%. Johann Meyer, from Las Vegas, but originally from South Africa.

It was a great hostel. I only wish they had late check-in, their check-in closes at 10!

Excellent hostel, the staff is awesome

• 4th Nov 2013

Pretty far from good spots in San Diego. The area was still beautiful, close to a busstop. The hostel itself was very clean. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and made excellent brownies. The rooms had bunks made out of solid wood that didnt move along with your bunkmate and they even had fans and small nightlights at every bed. Nice courtyard with great atmosphere and a groceriestore around the corner. Can't recommend it enough.