Hostelling International Waikiki Reviews

Hostelling International Waikiki, 2417 Prince Edward Street, Honolulu, Oahu, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA

The hostel was run down but was in a good location and had all cooking facilities.

A great location- 2 minute walk to the beach and close to diamond head as well. Easy bus access and tons of stores nearby. Surrounding area is expensive bc it's Waikiki but the hostel makes a stay in Waikiki a little easier. The room was cleaned everyday and the staff mostly had good recommendations. They were all very friendly! It's a quiet hostal but noisy sometimes in the morning bc of construction down the road. Overall a nice place to stay for my short stay!

They are very accommodating and that is what the people need.

• 3rd Apr 2014

I loved the location of this hostel, only a short walk to Waikiki beach. My bunk bed was super comfy too. Overall I had a great stay thanks to the helpful staff and the hostel's convenient location.

• 30th Mar 2014

Most of the staff were quite rude and the atmosphere was so horrible. I booked this hostel thinking that they had organized activities but it was actually discount with an outside company. There was also cockroaches in the kitchen and rooms. If I go back to Waikiki I will definitely choose another place to stay. Very disappointing !

• 27th Mar 2014

The staff were friendly and happy to answer any questions. I also lucked out and shared a room with some really awesome people.

• 26th Mar 2014

An absolutely wonderful experience. I cannot say enough positive about the staff. Very comfortable room, I stayed in the the 6 bed dorm. I met interesting people, both my roommates and people I met in the kitchen. Kitchen was very clean. I was there 4 nights, and one of the nights I was woken up by outside noises (yelling on a nearby property), but other than that, my stay was perfect.

• 26th Mar 2014

Location of this hostel was almost perfect however the staff were not very helpful and didnt seem to know the area to well. They didnt go to any effort to try and help you out therefore making your stay a little less enjoyable. Still met some very cool people here. Keep in mind there are no alcoholic beverages aloud in the hostel and they dont sell any either.

Location and value for your money

I met with a lot of great people at the hostel! It was the greatest ever! And thanks very very much to the night shift personnel, he help me a lot getting ways and everything. Thanks to the evening shift personnel as well, for getting me great deal for rental-car. Even the lady at the rental-car place was surprised for the rate! lol

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Japan

not worth the money. Staff weren't knowledgable of good things in the area.

• 6th Mar 2014

The reception staff (2 ladies in particular) were EXTREMELY unfriendly and seem like they're being forced to work there against their will. Overall, a great place to stay but do not expect any mingling or socialising.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Singapore

Niki was very nice. Thank you

• 26th Feb 2014
  • Dominican Republic

At least worth the money. I would come again.

I had a nice stay in this hostel. I found it clean and easy to sleep at night even in a 6 dorm beds (I liked the way each room in separated in 2). The staff is helpful. However, the kitchen is basic and isn`t fully equiped. Not the place if you want to meet a lot of people though.

It is the first time I have accessed the activities provided by a hostel & I found it to be a fantastic way to get around to see the place & meet other guests. Larry, the organiser, was excellent & provided interesting & informative outings, was very friendly & created an oportunity to meet others. He also went out of his way to give me & some others a truely Hawaiian experience. This is not a party hostel & that suited me fine. The staff were so helpful & friendly & interested in your holiday.

My first time staying in a hostel. I was pleassantly surprised with the friendliness of staff and fellow vacationers.

• 5th Feb 2014

No alcohol and no outdoor area spoil this hostel as it makes meeting outer travellers harder. Internet was poor and limited to the lounge

• 18th Jan 2014

Great location esp for the price very central and decent rooms

I'm giving "excellent" to all points except for "Facilities". A MAJOR inconvenience for me was the the kitchen was closed every night until 7 am. Which means that when tours pick you up before 7 am (and most of them do), you have no access to your food in the fridge and have to find an alternate solution for breakfast. I can't think of any other hostel I've been to that shuts down the kitchen during the night. For this only reason, should I return to Wikiki one day, I will not look at HIW.