Hostelling International - Washington DC Reviews

1009 11th Street, NW Washington, Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA

Since customers have to clean dishes, utensils, and kitchen tools after their usages, I found that many of them were poorly cleaned and still have foods, stains, and oil. This might lead to severely sick.

• 24th Dec 2013
  • Thailand

I lost my sweater. I forgot that I put it on the bed before check out at 9am and came back to take it lil bit in the noon, it's gone and the staff just say they didnt find it. Thats it

• 24th Dec 2013
  • Indonesia

Seemed more like a quiet hostel where people went and saw the sites during the day and didn't really do anything at night. Common area was generally always full of people on Laptops / phones with headphones in and not looking to meet people. Other than that; the hostel was good. Clean showers, good and free breakfast, safe lockers and rooms plus a reasonably comfortable bed. Would recommend for the price.

I had a really good time in DC! With a good breakfast! Was a really good place to make new friends! But the hostel did offered many programs or events

Really good. Definetely enjoyed my stay here. Too bad wifi was only in kitchen and lobby though, missed it in the bedrooms.

We had a twin bedroom so that there was a lot of privacy and the pricing is really fair for that! The breakfast that is included was far better than you would expect it from a hostel. I can highly recommend this hostel:)

• 15th Dec 2013

Terrible front desk staff. Made my booking on hostelworld, received a confirmation from the hostel with the wrong dates, emailed them to fix and they cancelled my reservation. Emailed again to fix and they only booked me one night instead of two. They then charged me for a more expensive dorm than what I booked. Would not recommend

• 15th Dec 2013

We had a great experience there. I highly recommend it! The bedroom was a bit cold but they provided us with plenty of blankets and the bathroom was very clean. There are lockers in the rooms, just make sure to bring your own lock. The breakfast was perfect. It really fills you up before a long day walking around. You are close to all the attractions and there is a subway and a nice burger place just up the street! Enjoy!

It is a decent hostel, although the commonly used facilities are a bit too small for the number of people that stay. Facilities are old, but clean. Location is good for sightseeing.

Great!!!!!

I had a great time! The staff is really nice and the rooms are well equipped. I was very satisfied with my stay!

Hostel was pretty clean. Sheets were a bit thin for the middle of winter.

wow. this was an amazing hostel. it was like a big family of people came together from all over the world. a highlight of my trip

• 5th Dec 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback we really appreciate it! We all feel like a big family here at HI DC and we are glad that you felt part of it! We are happy you enjoyed your visit and hope you will stay with us again soon! Safe travels, Germaine.

Enjoyed my stay at Hi Washington Dc. Found everything to be very pleasant particularly John who was in charge of breakfast every morning. His cheerfulness makes a great start to the day. I do a lot of backpacking and this is one of the best hostels which i had stayed in. Highly recommend it.

Can be recommended

Basically this was a really good hostel. The breakfast was comprehensive (the guy at breakfast was so welcoming), the tours offered were informative and fun (thanks to the intern from Gilbralta!!), the rooms were comfortable and all the facilities were well kept (kitchen, shower room, TV room, pool table). The location is fairly good to the main sites, but great for restaurants, cafés and takeaways. Would recommend to anyone!

Good place to stay.

Thank you so much for your feedback we really appreciate it! Hope that you will stay with us again soon. Safe travels, Germaine.

Very central hostel, near the Mall and the Smithsonian museums, with a lot of activities and services. Good breakfast and very pratical kitchen.

Thank you so much for your lovely comment we really appreciate it! Glad you enjoyed your stay at HI DC and that you will stay with us again soon! Safe travels, Germaine.

Old style hostel, one of the few where you have to wash your plates after breakfast. Very central, with a lot of activities, the only problem I found are very noisy companions during the night.

Thank you for your feedback we really appreciate it! We are sorry to hear you had a noisy experience at night. We have a strict policy that noise should be kept to a minimum after 11pm each night by all guests. Did you inform a staff member about your issue? Safe travels, Germaine.

Toilets have a big gap and make it feel uncomfortable.

Thank you for comment we really appreciate it.. I have passed on your comment to maintenance team and we are working on addressing the matter. Safe travels Gemaine

View all Washington DC Hostels