Hostelling International at the American Hotel Reviews

520 S. King St., Seattle, Washington, USA

Its an amazing place, near to walk to everything, I loved Seattle and I had a 4 bed-room for my self the breakfirst was one and first best ever in my many hostel which I saw in Amercia! People very friendly and helpful, big livingroom in different levels. Big good kitchen, much space for ur stuffs! everytime again if I'll come back

I am a girl, and someone from the staff just gave me a bed in a boy bedroom... It was just so difficult to reach that first bedroom with all my luggage. Nobody helped me, And when I needed to change of bedroom to go in a girls one, none suggested neither to help me. Not very kind.

A good option for affordable lodging while in Seattle.

The people that work there tend to be very kurt and not exceptionally nice, but they are straight and to the point and are helpful when needed. Security is good and rooms aren't too cramped. I stayed in an girls room with 2 bunks, total of 4 people. The setup is nice, you have your own outlets and the breakfast was a surprise. The internet sucks beyond the common room areas. They have some events during the week like cookie night, but it was just 1 batch of cookies and one group took them all...

Fantastic hostel just minutes from the Amtrac station. The neighbourhood. Is safer than downtown with great value asian resturants. The girls that work here are very friendly and helpful. Had a wonderful 2 day stopover here and would thoroughly recommend it

This is a nice enough hostel, but we did not know that there was no drinking at the hostel so that came as a little bit of a surprise. the location is great if you are looking to go to the sports fields, but there are a lot of homeless people that are posted up on the corners. I felt safe as a guy but i think if you a traveling as a single female it would be worth spending a little more to stay more central in the city. If you want to party stay somewhere else.

The bed was thin and room was stuffy 9(needs a roof fan in room as little ones kept people awake). Internet was a bit scratchy in rooms and the door lock in room 310 (think that was the room) was not working well.

Your staff is extremely rude and you don't even have beds. They are lumpy cots and you have no free parking and internet coat too much and so does storage and there is filth everywhere outside the front door.

• 1st Oct 2013

Very nice hostel. Location is the key for me.

At night, it's not the safest neighborhood even if the rail is minutes away. There's sketchy people walking around. My room was good. Breakfast is bread, bagels, milk, banana, oranges, & coffee. The people who helped me where nice. I still prefer to stay downtown so I don't have to take the rail and walk there.

Bathrooms have large amounts of excess water on the floor, which is probably guests fault, but it doesn't drain through the floor drain.

The location is in China town which is very dangerous during the night time, when you sleep you will hear very loud noise. The only good thing about location is it's near the Amtrak station and the bus station. The staffs there are the worst I have ever met. They are very rude and the most ridiculous thing is sometimes they roll their eyes to guest, which is very unpolite. They charge the 4 people dorm $40 per person per night ( taxes included), but the room is very small.

Some staff seemed indifferent and were not willing to help. They way they behaved it looked like they would rather be somewhere else.

Good hostel, no frills not much character. Neighborhood seems a little dodgy after .dark. Good place to stay if the city hostels booked up.

Breakfast buffet was excellent, staff was very helpful. Great value for downtown Seattle.

• 4th Sep 2013

I liked staying in HI in Seattle, nice place.

I like the free breakfast there. They have fruits, coffee, milk and a lot of stuff.They are friendly to provide information to all kinds of tours. And the rooms are clean. I like my stay there. One thing is the bathroom in the bottom of passage. The wash basin is too small and I can not get some water to wash my face without spilling the water out.

• 2nd Sep 2013
  • China

ホステルそのもの。出会いが生まれていい。日本人が少し多い。

• 27th Aug 2013
  • Japan

Stayed here 3 separate times when travelling in the Rockies, rooms are massive compared to lots of other hostels we stayed in, and was added bonus that the room has own shower and toilet as that's rare too. Located right at the end of the main road through Banff, so your in town centre within minutes. Also it has 3 computers that are free to use. Slightly more pricey than most but I think worth it with location, wifi, and free b'fast!

Really noisy at night very hard to sleep. There is a cross walk near by that makes a very loud anoying chirping sound. Bring earplugs if you expect to get a good nights sleep.

• 19th Aug 2013