Hostelo the New Urban Reviews

901 Sherbrooke Est, Montreal, Canada

This was a good choice for the first hostel I brought my sister to. It was very social and at the end of our first day there was a start of summer barbecue, which was great. It was a bit far from most of the major things to do, but in a good area, and right near a metro stop. Although I didn't like that they list free towels and parking on the Hostelworld page, when that is not true. I was not anticipating having to spend and extra 15CAD per night to park.

• 14th May 2015

One of th best hostel I've stayed at mainly because the community there was just géniale! I absolutley loved the atmosphere and will surely be back here when next I visit Montréal :)

Worst youth hostel ever. Noise during all night, people watching TV or playing videogames next to the bedrooms badly insulated until 3 AM. The shower is extremely tiny and there is only one. I had to bend my legs because the bed was too small and I'm only 1m84. It's cheap but you won't sleep.

• 2nd May 2015

I've stayed before and it was wonderful. This time the shower could use some cleaning. I'm sure it's an over site and will be repaired shortly. Super fun place. Steps from the Orange line subway.

• 27th Apr 2015

Great place to stay, these people like to party! There was a party every night! We did not go with the intentions to party, it was a little difficult to get to sleep because we had to wait for everyone to leave (around midnight) before it would be quiet enough to sleep. We stayed in dorm C -the all female dorm- and it was great. There was 2 bathrooms but only one shower worked well. Each bed has a light and an electrical outlet. Sleeping mask & earplugs might be needed. Fridge available to use!

• 2nd Apr 2015

I put everything excellent because it was an overall great experience. I stayed here three years ago and met some great people as well. The reason I put it's location as +++ is because it's a 10 minute walk from La Banquise, which is the best poutine shop in all of Canada and I've had my share of poutine. Pretty good place, sometimes the wifi is terrible, but they do some cool activities even during the winter and they serve breakfast now.

I spent two nights at Hostelo the New Urban and I had a very pleasurable experience. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They provided a delicious pancake breakfast and coffee, and gave tips, answered questions about the best places to go, and how to get there. The hostel was very clean and quiet.

• 2nd Mar 2015

It was really nice

• 23rd Jan 2015

You're really nice! We do appreciate it. See you next time!

Great night reception. Thanks to the kind staff. Dorm clean. Good value and easy to find.Thanks

• 25th Dec 2014

Thanks for stopping in, and thanks for leaving some kind words! All the best!

I really enjoyed my stay here, I met some great people here and the staff were amazing people. The only negatives I have are that there are two seperate buildings which breaks up the atmosphere and the people a bit, and the showers in my building were awkward. But overall I loved this hostel and would definitely recommend it.

Hey, thanks! We appreciate the kind words. I understand what you're saying, but we try to keep the Annex common room for events and fun and meeting people, whereas the 901 common room is a more relaxed communal space. That way guests have an option, and I want to remind everyone that they can go between the two buildings as much as they like. We're also upgrading some showers this winter, and hopefully the next time you stop by, you can check them out! Happy travels!