Hostelo the New Urban Reviews

901 Sherbrooke Est, Montreal, Canada

I booked a 4 ppl bedroom but eventually I got a 8 ppl bedroom. There were no lockers for my luggage whick was promised on the website.. there wasnt any air conditioning and towels either.

• 27th Sep 2014

The staff was super nice and helpful. Really relaxed atmosphere and always someone around to hang out with. More people wanting to move to Montreal than actual tourists though, but that's a good thing!

• 20th Sep 2014

Had a very enjoyable stay. Loved the atmosphere, very fun and homely vibe.

Great stay. Everything was as described either in the description or in people's reviews, ie. the 2 buildings, spacious and private rooms etc People were great, pancakes were great and i even learned how to play yatsie

Very helful and kind staff, great breakfast. Quiet and friendly.

Bad behavior with guys who prepare the breakfast, everyday just pancakes and coffee, no bread nothing else, beds are so small for taller person and condensed in a small room, just a very very very small restroom for so many people in a small flat, the kitchen is in the middle of the flat, television so loud even the door is closed you can't sleep until it would be switched off.And the shower was like 50cmx50cm ! You don't even know how to catch water

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Morocco

The breakfast was great!

Really great location for this hostel and the fact that Montreal is so easy to get around makes it even better! My dorm was full of awesome people, so that made my personal experience even more amazing!! Breakfast is really good and the organised activities that the hostel pass on are great fun and a brilliant way to meet people. A great placed to stay in Montreal!

This was a great stay and a good value.

• 6th Sep 2014

The hostel is comfortable aamd the breakfast is good. The common room is in the centre of the building next to the roomas so it can be noisy. Girls make sure you book a female dorm.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay! The hostel is located in the Latin quarter, within walking distance of all major attractions. The staff was fantastic (hi Dylan and Cecilia!) and they always ran fun activities in the evening. It's very easy to meet people because the common areas are fantastic. Reception is located in the hotel across the street, which is a tiny bit confusing at first. Overall, I really enjoyed my time at this hostel and plan on returning soon!

• 31st Aug 2014

Absolutely the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. I am not allowed as many characters in this review to truly describe how awful my experience was at Hostelo the New Urban. My friend and I had our beds taken by random people in our female only dorm and the over night clerks only possible solution was for us to sleep in a basement room with no windows attached through a male dorm two blocks over from the main lobby. We ended getting a full refund for our weekend. This is not a safe place to stay

• 30th Aug 2014

I had a really bad experience in this hostel. It is a party hostel... I read that before I booked but it was so loud that I couldn't sleep untill 2AM. The bathroom was dirty and the person who welcomed me was rude. I was really disapointed with the activities too. The bed was unconfortable. I wouldn't recomend this place to anyone.

Staff is not that kind, he makes me waiting for 15 min at the outside of the hostel without calling back at night! This hostel is dirty. But the best thing is location.

Thanks for taking the time to write this. As a young hostel, all feedback is super important to us. I'm so sorry you didn't have a pleasant time! Perhaps there was a misunderstanding with the staff member? We apologize for any inconvenience you had. All our rooms are cleaned twice daily, but sometimes, with full dorms, it can be difficult to keep it all immaculate, at all times. Please get in touch with us if you think there's anything we can do to address the problems with your stay. Thanks!

I loved this place so much! People are friendly the staff are the best and the place is clean and very tidy for a young people hostel.... The pancakes are just the best perk ever, I would stay here forever.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Thank you tonnes for taking the time to write this! We loved having you, and please do come back anytime. Some nice hot pancakes will be waiting for you. Happy travels!

The hostel itself is very fragmented, which means it is quite difficult to establish a community atmosphere. It's also fairly unorganised, and so no one really knew which bed to be in. In the end I checked out early and moved somewhere else, after being woken up at 3am to be told my 7 night reservation had been cancelled 3 nights in, and that I owed them money despite paying for my stay upfront. I did get a refund for the remainder of my stay thankfully.

There was no sense of community in this hostel. I think that's because more attention is given to the hotel portion. It was also frustrating that there was no place to put your things in the shower stalls and that there are no paper towels or air dryers by the sinks.

• 26th Aug 2014

Thanks for your feedback! We do try to foster a sense of community, with our daily breakfasts and nightly events, but it can be hard to reach everyone. All shower stalls have ledges, but not all have racks. Most of our washrooms are equipped with linen towels, not paper towels, and if you ever need more, just ask! All towels are free.

This is such an amazing hostel! You have to check in at Hotel Paris across the road, there are no signs for the hostel. Lovely staff, the breakfast pancakes are awesome and overall great atmosphere. You get clean sheets with your bed, the rooms are tidy - definitely good value for money! It is walking distance to most major attractions, I like this hostel very much and would definitely stay again. For the locks you have to bring your own!

It's a clean, comfortable hostel close to Metro Station. Old Montreal is walking distance and the lovely Lafontaine Park just 2 blocks away. The pancake breakfast provided by the staff is great and makes it easy to socialise. Has an outdoor community area and a blackboard telling about what's going on in the city. The beds are comfortable and clean, the lockers are big enough. Bring your own locker! No curtains on the beds but I hung up my towel instead. Good stay.

It was so nice of you to write this review! Thanks! We're glad you could be a part of our awesome first year. We're going to keep working to make it better and better, and every review helps! Hope we see you again the next time you're passing through Montreal. Thanks again!

Love the atmosphere of the hostel and it was great that each bed had a lamp, plug socket and locker for luggage. A couple of extra showers/toilets would be good but wasn't too much of an issue.

Thank you for this! For sure, you can never have too many washrooms in a bustling hostel. We added a couple extra over the course of the spring, and we plan to put in a couple more in the winter. I'm glad you enjoyed our "privacy pod" bed designs. We figure that, no matter how much fun you're having with a big group, it's nice to have your own space to retire into, charge your electronics, and maybe read a book. Happy travelling!

« first « Prev 1 2 3