Hostelo the New Urban Reviews

901 Sherbrooke Est, Montreal, Canada

Great place to stay, these people like to party! There was a party every night! We did not go with the intentions to party, it was a little difficult to get to sleep because we had to wait for everyone to leave (around midnight) before it would be quiet enough to sleep. We stayed in dorm C -the all female dorm- and it was great. There was 2 bathrooms but only one shower worked well. Each bed has a light and an electrical outlet. Sleeping mask & earplugs might be needed. Fridge available to use!

• 2nd Apr 2015

I put everything excellent because it was an overall great experience. I stayed here three years ago and met some great people as well. The reason I put it's location as +++ is because it's a 10 minute walk from La Banquise, which is the best poutine shop in all of Canada and I've had my share of poutine. Pretty good place, sometimes the wifi is terrible, but they do some cool activities even during the winter and they serve breakfast now.

I spent two nights at Hostelo the New Urban and I had a very pleasurable experience. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They provided a delicious pancake breakfast and coffee, and gave tips, answered questions about the best places to go, and how to get there. The hostel was very clean and quiet.

• 2nd Mar 2015

It was really nice

• 23rd Jan 2015

You're really nice! We do appreciate it. See you next time!

Great night reception. Thanks to the kind staff. Dorm clean. Good value and easy to find.Thanks

• 25th Dec 2014

Thanks for stopping in, and thanks for leaving some kind words! All the best!

I really enjoyed my stay here, I met some great people here and the staff were amazing people. The only negatives I have are that there are two seperate buildings which breaks up the atmosphere and the people a bit, and the showers in my building were awkward. But overall I loved this hostel and would definitely recommend it.

Hey, thanks! We appreciate the kind words. I understand what you're saying, but we try to keep the Annex common room for events and fun and meeting people, whereas the 901 common room is a more relaxed communal space. That way guests have an option, and I want to remind everyone that they can go between the two buildings as much as they like. We're also upgrading some showers this winter, and hopefully the next time you stop by, you can check them out! Happy travels!

Very fun and friendly place! I really enjoyed being there.

And we really enjoyed having you! Thanks a bunch for stopping in.

It is a very nice hostel with a great location in Montreal. The room was petite (4 private), but very clean and with very good bathroom. The whole facility was clean, parking was included and a yummie breakfast (pancakes). The price was unbelievable, the staff was super friendly. It's a hotel too, so it's super clean and safe. The only thing, I didn't see many other backpackers, but maybe it was a strange weekend. Next time in Montreal I will stay there too.

Thanks for writing! We really appreciate the kind words, and we're looking forward to your return. Happy travels!