Hostelo the New Urban Reviews

901 Sherbrooke Est, Montreal, Canada

I put everything excellent because it was an overall great experience. I stayed here three years ago and met some great people as well. The reason I put it's location as +++ is because it's a 10 minute walk from La Banquise, which is the best poutine shop in all of Canada and I've had my share of poutine. Pretty good place, sometimes the wifi is terrible, but they do some cool activities even during the winter and they serve breakfast now.

I spent two nights at Hostelo the New Urban and I had a very pleasurable experience. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They provided a delicious pancake breakfast and coffee, and gave tips, answered questions about the best places to go, and how to get there. The hostel was very clean and quiet.

• 2nd Mar 2015

It was really nice

• 23rd Jan 2015

You're really nice! We do appreciate it. See you next time!

Great night reception. Thanks to the kind staff. Dorm clean. Good value and easy to find.Thanks

• 25th Dec 2014

Thanks for stopping in, and thanks for leaving some kind words! All the best!

I really enjoyed my stay here, I met some great people here and the staff were amazing people. The only negatives I have are that there are two seperate buildings which breaks up the atmosphere and the people a bit, and the showers in my building were awkward. But overall I loved this hostel and would definitely recommend it.

Hey, thanks! We appreciate the kind words. I understand what you're saying, but we try to keep the Annex common room for events and fun and meeting people, whereas the 901 common room is a more relaxed communal space. That way guests have an option, and I want to remind everyone that they can go between the two buildings as much as they like. We're also upgrading some showers this winter, and hopefully the next time you stop by, you can check them out! Happy travels!

Very fun and friendly place! I really enjoyed being there.

And we really enjoyed having you! Thanks a bunch for stopping in.

It is a very nice hostel with a great location in Montreal. The room was petite (4 private), but very clean and with very good bathroom. The whole facility was clean, parking was included and a yummie breakfast (pancakes). The price was unbelievable, the staff was super friendly. It's a hotel too, so it's super clean and safe. The only thing, I didn't see many other backpackers, but maybe it was a strange weekend. Next time in Montreal I will stay there too.

Thanks for writing! We really appreciate the kind words, and we're looking forward to your return. Happy travels!

Small but clean rooms, central location in Montreal, staff was extremely pleasant and helpful

• 18th Oct 2014

It was great having you! Hope we can see you again soon!

We had a wonderful experience at this hostel and the staff were very friendly and inviting. The room we stayed in was too small for 4 people. The bunk beds were very small and the ladder joined was unsafe and the nails were hanging out (one ladder for both bunks). There is no lockers in the rooms for solo travellers but the environment is very friendly and safe. There are sound kitchen facilities, common room and extra washroom/bathrooms available. However the entire hostel is located undergroun

I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful experience! The dorm you stayed in is currently being upgraded, and I'm sorry it wasn't in ideal condition. Soon, that dorm too will have large lockers, like our other rooms do. We hope you come back to check it out! Thanks for the feedback.

It's a good place if you don't mind to be in an small place with 14 others.

Thanks for writing. I understand that a 14-bed dorm isn't for everyone. We also offer 8-bed and 4-bed dorms, for those who prefer to be with fewer bunkers. I hope your travels were great!

The rudest bloke at reception, too busy smoking a cigarette to help out. My bed didn't have sheets or a mattress to which he replied; "you don't need a mattress". He then advised me to find an empty bed. Totally unorganized Untidy rooms, one bathroom for 40, no curtains on the windows or even as advertised on the beds. Paper thin walls. Complete joke.

• 12th Oct 2014

Thanks for the feedback. We're so sorry you didn't have a great experience. The employee in question is being dealt with. Clearly, you were sent to the wrong bed, and for that we apologize. Normally, it would never happen. If there's anything we can do to make you feel better about your stay, please contact us. I encourage all guests to report an unpleasant experience, so I really do appreciate you taking the time to write. Thank you.

Great location - only three blocks from Sherbrooke metro. Facilities were great, and the pancake breakfast was yummy - although it is just pancakes and coffee. The one thing that I hated was the fact that I was in an 8 bed girl dorms with en-suite, smaller than the size of my bachelor apartment - i.e. no room whatsoever to move around. Oh, and it was minimum 35 degrees at night, insufferable. I would stay here again but insist I was in a bigger dorm - as I saw that they existed.

Hey, thanks for the feedback! It's all very useful for us. Glad you enjoyed our facilities and pancakes! There are indeed more spacious rooms, and I'm sorry you didn't find yours adequate. And we do have air conditioners that can be turned on when it's hot... not that we'll be wanting them too often in the months ahead. Happy travels!

Very good