Hostelo the New Urban Reviews

901 Sherbrooke Est, Montreal, Canada

Very fun and friendly place! I really enjoyed being there.

It is a very nice hostel with a great location in Montreal. The room was petite (4 private), but very clean and with very good bathroom. The whole facility was clean, parking was included and a yummie breakfast (pancakes). The price was unbelievable, the staff was super friendly. It's a hotel too, so it's super clean and safe. The only thing, I didn't see many other backpackers, but maybe it was a strange weekend. Next time in Montreal I will stay there too.

Thanks for writing! We really appreciate the kind words, and we're looking forward to your return. Happy travels!

Small but clean rooms, central location in Montreal, staff was extremely pleasant and helpful

• 18th Oct 2014

It was great having you! Hope we can see you again soon!

We had a wonderful experience at this hostel and the staff were very friendly and inviting. The room we stayed in was too small for 4 people. The bunk beds were very small and the ladder joined was unsafe and the nails were hanging out (one ladder for both bunks). There is no lockers in the rooms for solo travellers but the environment is very friendly and safe. There are sound kitchen facilities, common room and extra washroom/bathrooms available. However the entire hostel is located undergroun

I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful experience! The dorm you stayed in is currently being upgraded, and I'm sorry it wasn't in ideal condition. Soon, that dorm too will have large lockers, like our other rooms do. We hope you come back to check it out! Thanks for the feedback.

It's a good place if you don't mind to be in an small place with 14 others.

Thanks for writing. I understand that a 14-bed dorm isn't for everyone. We also offer 8-bed and 4-bed dorms, for those who prefer to be with fewer bunkers. I hope your travels were great!

The rudest bloke at reception, too busy smoking a cigarette to help out. My bed didn't have sheets or a mattress to which he replied; "you don't need a mattress". He then advised me to find an empty bed. Totally unorganized Untidy rooms, one bathroom for 40, no curtains on the windows or even as advertised on the beds. Paper thin walls. Complete joke.

• 12th Oct 2014

Thanks for the feedback. We're so sorry you didn't have a great experience. The employee in question is being dealt with. Clearly, you were sent to the wrong bed, and for that we apologize. Normally, it would never happen. If there's anything we can do to make you feel better about your stay, please contact us. I encourage all guests to report an unpleasant experience, so I really do appreciate you taking the time to write. Thank you.

Great location - only three blocks from Sherbrooke metro. Facilities were great, and the pancake breakfast was yummy - although it is just pancakes and coffee. The one thing that I hated was the fact that I was in an 8 bed girl dorms with en-suite, smaller than the size of my bachelor apartment - i.e. no room whatsoever to move around. Oh, and it was minimum 35 degrees at night, insufferable. I would stay here again but insist I was in a bigger dorm - as I saw that they existed.

Hey, thanks for the feedback! It's all very useful for us. Glad you enjoyed our facilities and pancakes! There are indeed more spacious rooms, and I'm sorry you didn't find yours adequate. And we do have air conditioners that can be turned on when it's hot... not that we'll be wanting them too often in the months ahead. Happy travels!

Very good

Why, thank you.

I booked a 4 ppl bedroom but eventually I got a 8 ppl bedroom. There were no lockers for my luggage whick was promised on the website.. there wasnt any air conditioning and towels either.

• 27th Sep 2014

Hi, thanks for the feedback! I'm really sorry you ended up in the wrong room. Sometimes, on busy weekends, it can be hard to avoid the occasional mistake, though we try to make sure it happens as little as possible. There are only a couple rooms that don't have large lockers built in, but we're updated those presently to bring all dorms up to the same standard. There's currently air conditioning in every room, and towels are available for free at reception.

The staff was super nice and helpful. Really relaxed atmosphere and always someone around to hang out with. More people wanting to move to Montreal than actual tourists though, but that's a good thing!

• 20th Sep 2014

You're super nice! We do appreciate you taking the time to write this. Hope you can come back and hang out some more!

Had a very enjoyable stay. Loved the atmosphere, very fun and homely vibe.

Thanks, it was nice having you with us! We hope that everyone feels at home in our hang-out spaces.

Great stay. Everything was as described either in the description or in people's reviews, ie. the 2 buildings, spacious and private rooms etc People were great, pancakes were great and i even learned how to play yatsie

Awesome! Spread the gospel of Yahtzee, and come back when we don't have a full house. Thanks for reviewing!

I had a great stay at Hostelo Montreal! It's nice to meet new people from all over the world, everybody was very welcoming and the athmosphere is unique! Hostelo organizes events for the guests, you never feel alone even if you are travelling on your own! Thank you Cécilia! :) The pancake breakfast ist absolutely worth getting up in the morning! Also, the hostel is well equiped with kitchen stuff, hair dryers, towels, books, games, etc. Thank you for the fantastic time I had in Montreal!

• 15th Sep 2014

Thank YOU! This is so nice, and we love to see it. Here's hoping your travels went great, and you can come back sometime!

Very helful and kind staff, great breakfast. Quiet and friendly.

Happy to have you with us! So glad you enjoyed your stay.

Bad behavior with guys who prepare the breakfast, everyday just pancakes and coffee, no bread nothing else, beds are so small for taller person and condensed in a small room, just a very very very small restroom for so many people in a small flat, the kitchen is in the middle of the flat, television so loud even the door is closed you can't sleep until it would be switched off.And the shower was like 50cmx50cm ! You don't even know how to catch water

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Morocco

We do appreciate the feedback. I'm sorry the pancake breakfast wasn't to your liking. I understand how being in a dormitory with several other people can feel a little stuffed, and we have made efforts to open up the floor space as much as possible. The common area is in the middle for everyone's convenience, though I do see how the noise can be bothersome. There are staff members on duty 24 hours, so please speak to one of them if you feel there is too much noise at night. Thanks for writing!

The breakfast was great!

More pancakes are waiting when you return! Thanks for writing!

Really great location for this hostel and the fact that Montreal is so easy to get around makes it even better! My dorm was full of awesome people, so that made my personal experience even more amazing!! Breakfast is really good and the organised activities that the hostel pass on are great fun and a brilliant way to meet people. A great placed to stay in Montreal!

Thanks for this! We love how many awesome people come by, and you were one of them! We have as much fun as anyone during the events, spending time with all you great guys. Hope you come back!

This was a great stay and a good value.

• 6th Sep 2014

I appreciate that you took the time to write. Happy travels!

The hostel is comfortable aamd the breakfast is good. The common room is in the centre of the building next to the roomas so it can be noisy. Girls make sure you book a female dorm.

It was great having you, glad you enjoyed your stay! The common area is in the center for everyone's convenience, but if it gets noisy, you can tell a staff member to address the problem. There's always someone on duty to help you. Happy travels!

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay! The hostel is located in the Latin quarter, within walking distance of all major attractions. The staff was fantastic (hi Dylan and Cecilia!) and they always ran fun activities in the evening. It's very easy to meet people because the common areas are fantastic. Reception is located in the hotel across the street, which is a tiny bit confusing at first. Overall, I really enjoyed my time at this hostel and plan on returning soon!

• 31st Aug 2014

Thank you so much! And: hi! The kind feedback is so appreciated. We can't wait to see you again when you return!

« first « Prev 1 2 3