Hostelscat Reviews

Panissars 5, Barcelona, Spain

This hostel was located a little ways from the city center but is easily walkable. The bathrooms down stairs were a bit dirty when we were there but not the worst we've seen. The rooms were quiet hot and stuffy as ours didn't have a window and the a/c only put on for a few hours after midnight so in the morning you wake up hot and sweaty. No fans are available from reception either which would help. The room had a partition wall so if the neighbors turned a light on it shone in ours. Nice staff

Was a nice hostel I loved Barcelona and hostel made it easy for me. Location is great close to metro and to camp nou if you wanna go watch a match. Very clean hostel safe and staff is so nice and helpful. I would come back

Overall, our stay was a pleasant one. The staff were fairly helpful: they pointed out a local shop to stock up on food and described how to use the metro to get to the city. You'll have to ask reception to turn on air-conditioning, but the settings will not be adjustable after they close. They have a room for storing luggage during the day, however you'll have to pay for it (though only 2 Euros each). Free WiFi password given at reception. Power outlets high above beds, bring long cables.

Staff didnt really speak any english, except for one man that wasnt there at the time. Beds were just fine, nothing to complain about. Showers were nothing to complain about either, except for the fact that there wasnt a great place to put your clothes when showering. I dont think the hostel was fantastic in comparison to others in Barcelona. It lacked a good atmosphere that others had (Urbany comes to mind, excellent stay there). It had a great location, very close to the train station.

The rooms are very tiny and we got very hot at night. Staff was nice, but spoke only in Spanish. AND THEY HAVE AN ADORABLE PUPPY!!! Obviously it won't always be a puppy, but it was SO cute and small.

It didn't have a very welcoming atmosphere and the staff didn't interact very much, partly because of their lack of English and our limited Spanish. wasn't in the best part of town but it was handy for the train station. There was no air con and the rooms were stupidly hot at night so we were unable to sleep. The showers were poorly maintained and we didn't make any attempt to use the kitchen facilities. Maybe we came at a bad time but we wouldn't come back or recommend it.

Reception is incredibly nice. Our bedroom didn't have AC though which made nights a bit unpleasant. Location is great.

It was so hard to plug in my phone to the outlets. An extension cord would be nice. Also, a locked luggage room instead of leaving the luggage in the hallway.

We decided to book this hostel just to be near the railwaystation, stayed only one night. We didn't really like the location, it's a bit far from everything, although the route to the center is easy. We stayed in doble room and everything was quite nice and clean, shared bathrooms were nice and clean aswell.

I dont have enough words for my experience at this hostel, but let just say that I feel at home. the friendliest persons run the hostel, very friendly and very open to chat as well to give you advise about the city, too sad I did not stay longer. super recommended this place. I hope come back soon. Muchas gracias por la placentera estadia