Hostelscat Reviews

Panissars 5, Barcelona, Spain

Staff didnt really speak any english, except for one man that wasnt there at the time. Beds were just fine, nothing to complain about. Showers were nothing to complain about either, except for the fact that there wasnt a great place to put your clothes when showering. I dont think the hostel was fantastic in comparison to others in Barcelona. It lacked a good atmosphere that others had (Urbany comes to mind, excellent stay there). It had a great location, very close to the train station.

The rooms are very tiny and we got very hot at night. Staff was nice, but spoke only in Spanish. AND THEY HAVE AN ADORABLE PUPPY!!! Obviously it won't always be a puppy, but it was SO cute and small.

It didn't have a very welcoming atmosphere and the staff didn't interact very much, partly because of their lack of English and our limited Spanish. wasn't in the best part of town but it was handy for the train station. There was no air con and the rooms were stupidly hot at night so we were unable to sleep. The showers were poorly maintained and we didn't make any attempt to use the kitchen facilities. Maybe we came at a bad time but we wouldn't come back or recommend it.

Reception is incredibly nice. Our bedroom didn't have AC though which made nights a bit unpleasant. Location is great.

It was so hard to plug in my phone to the outlets. An extension cord would be nice. Also, a locked luggage room instead of leaving the luggage in the hallway.

We decided to book this hostel just to be near the railwaystation, stayed only one night. We didn't really like the location, it's a bit far from everything, although the route to the center is easy. We stayed in doble room and everything was quite nice and clean, shared bathrooms were nice and clean aswell.

I dont have enough words for my experience at this hostel, but let just say that I feel at home. the friendliest persons run the hostel, very friendly and very open to chat as well to give you advise about the city, too sad I did not stay longer. super recommended this place. I hope come back soon. Muchas gracias por la placentera estadia

The renovation conversion from an open 12 bed room to three separate rooms has been done haphazardly. Thin plasterboard has been used hopefully as a temporary fix but noise from other rooms is VERY audible. There was no one who spoke English at reception and although the woman was friendly and patient with my Spanish there was confusion with keys and rooms. I had to ask 3 times for the key. The light switch is outside the room and if you want a blanket you need to go to reception.

I spent 2 really nice days with my friends in hostelscat. It felt like a home. We were coming home tired from the walking it was alredy late and we come back and we felt so good and comfortable. At the morning we got a coffee from the amazing women, who takes care about the hostel. For sure If we go to Barcelona we will come back there again!

• 1st May 2015