Hostelsplit - Als Place Reviews

Kruziceva 10, Split, Croatia

Al very friendly. Took us out for coffee and a chat. Apparently this was the first hostel in Split so he knows the town well. My main criticism is that there were no locks on the dorm rooms, and there weren't any lockers in the rooms either. I would like either of these for the piece of mind. Not a 'party hostel' but relaxed vibe makes it easy to meet people. Across the road from a popular backpacker bar too which was great. Tap Al's brain to get his excellent advice on things to do in the city.

Lockers will be installed from 2014 in response to repeated customer requests

The hostel kitchen could definitely need a bit more equipment (especially some smaller pots). Other than that, I had a nice stay. However, be aware that you are staying in an old building, and do not expect everything (or, more precisely, anything) to be brand new.

Probably the most hospitable hostel we stayed at...Al your a legend!

• 1st Sep 2013
  • Wales

A nice hostel really friendly staff very welcoming and a nice atmosphere to meet people. Was also in a great location in the old town.

Al's Place is in a great location of Split and the staff was really helpful! Al and Ivanna know all about the city and were great giving recommendations about where to I and what to do. There's a kitchen, which is great, but no oven.

A great cosy hostel within the city walls with a brilliant owner who knows Split inside and out.

The staff is really nice and they would anwser any question that we had about the town or ferries or anything. It not that crowded because they only have 2 room with 8 bedrooms I think and they are on different floors. The hostel is located in old town and split is actually really small so everything is just like 5 minutes away by foot. We really enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it too.

Really great place to stay. The staff was helpful, friendly, and social, the other guests were a lot of fun, and the location cannot be beat. Definitely recommend!

Nice chilled atmosphere, al gives a good locals intro to split. He got most the hostel out for drinks at a local bar one evening too. Communal area was a little small but kitchen facilities were good. Location was great, in centre of old town and not far from port with streets well signposted.

Bring your GPS to Split if you want to find the hostel! It's really good located but hard to find if you follow the instructions written on the website. The owner is very friendly and the atmosphere in general is good.

The place is owned by a funny guy called Al. The rooms have aircoconditioning and are just fine! The bathroom is alright... though the showercan easily overflow and the curtain is a bit weak. Laundry service is washing only! Drying needs to be done outside on a clothingline. It is nice there is a kitchen so you can cook. You can also just hangout in the common area.

Good hostel, perfect location and Al is a great host.

• 1st Aug 2013

I had a great stay at Al's Place. Al and Ivana really make you feel at home and help you with all your travel needs and questions. The common room/kitchen is a great place to meet fellow travelers over drinks. I highly recommend staying here while in Split.

lovely little place full of life and soul

The 5 bed dorm is great. Its an apartment a few mins away from the hostel, its big, comfy. The facilities are good as it has a bathroom, kitchen and, best of all, no bunk beds. We really enjoyed it even tho we were sharing the place with 3 people who we didn't know before. It is a friendly, safe environment which made a great base for our stay.

• 22nd Jul 2013

Al is awesome. If you're looking for somewhere with a great atmosphere to meet people and see split from and excellent location - then you've found your place.

• 14th Jul 2013

Cozy like my home. =) I miss here.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Al's! Al is very friendly and accommodating. Not only did he allow us to check in early but also provided a bed on our day of checkout when one of us was sick. The location is terrific as it is in the old town and walkable from the port. After travelling to 7 different countries and staying in many hostels, I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone looking for a place to stay in Split!

• 29th Jun 2013

Great location. Ivana is super helpful. Recommend!

Not the greatest. No sheets on my bed when I arrived. Very loud due to inconsiderate fellow hostel mates. Despite a quiet hour of 11pm, people were coming in and out until 5am. I was in a room for 8 people but two of the girls also brought guys in to sleep with them. I was not impressed.

Im sorry you had such a bad experience. Our dorms have 5 or 7 beds, we do not assign beds and you are provided with clean bed linen. you chose your bed. We expect you to make the bed. We do have a "no sex rule" in the hostel and expect guests to respect this, or others to let us know if they do not. We do not have staff on duty thru the nite and expect responsible behaviour from guests, usually ppl respond positively to this.