Hostelxberger Reviews

Schlesischestr. 22, 10, Berlin, Germany

Excellent location, great for going out. Good conection with central Berlin but when I was staying there three out of five ladies showers were broken and gents facilities were compleatly broken as well, and they were using female ones. There's no security in these showers and space to hide, so when you are changing there's high possibility that somebody will open the door and by passer will see you naked. Also annoying system with water and light disposal... ended up showering in dark.

so if you´re a party animal, this is your choice! location is excellent - very close to many clubs; absolutely cheap; lots of eateries around. the metro station is 5 mins away. great district (on my opinion, is the best in berlin). rooms are crouded, but spacious. maybe there are not enough mirrows there, wifi works only in the common room, and there are lack of sockets in the room. but it´s all solvable. will definitely chose this hostel when be back for clubbing

Hostelxberger's only redeeming feature is the location - Kreuzberg However, I would not recommend you stay in Hostelxberger! Secure entrance = none, we were given a half-laminated card on arrival and were told to show it to staff every time we entered the hostel. Nobody checked until day 3 of our stay. The rooms smelt bad, and toilet + shower facilities were unclean. The facilities were average and overall, the hostel was overpriced for what we got.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Security - we were given a half laminated card that we had to show every time we went into the hostel; we were rarely asked for it so anyone could go in at any time they wanted to. Furthermore, none of the rooms has a lock Value for money - None. I wanted to stay at another hostel where I stayed before but it was fully booked at the time of booking. I would've paid the same price as here but for much better conditions

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Romania

Nice Hostel, great location for all the nightclubs

I have put all my valueables in the locker, so somebody stole my sneakers. The room was very noisy and the bathrooms dirty.

• 7th Aug 2014

The lockers were too small to even put things in (a laptop wouldn't even fit) and not in the room. The location was good. Not too far from the nearest U-Bahn station. Staff was almost always high. They were a little bit rude, but mostly helpful. Atmosphere was not a good one. People staying in this hostel were very strange. Everything was really dirty. Bed sheets didn't fit on the bed right. Wifi weren't available in the rooms. The shower curtains were see-through and the lights went off.

• 26th Jul 2014

This hostel is the best place to go if you're young and travelling. Had the most amazing time and so many funny and interesting characters so if you're willing to speak to people you will love it. Best laughs there and made so many friends

• 21st Jul 2014

The location is great, it's located in the center of Kreuzberg. The staff was helpfull, although they could be a little friendlier and happier. The showers were clean, but not super comfortable because they have a very hard spray and you had to activate it every 15 seconds. The kitchen was great, provided everything needed and was kept very clean. The beds were also really comfortable. And the other travellers were real chill! So yes i'd recommend this!

• 21st Jul 2014

Bad choice with unprofessional people in the reception. Hostel not recomendable.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Spain

I stayed 5 nights at Hostelxberger in June. I really enjoyed my stay as I met a lot of people. I think the hostel has good facilities (dishwasher, kitchen with washing machine, common rooms) and the location is really good. It's probably a hostel mainly for young people as the common room is quite noisy and if you stay in a room close to it, I don't think you can get good sleep. People at the reception were friendly and helpful and I loved the atmosphere. I am definitely coming back!

Amazing beds, great location and last but not least, great staff :) Special thanks to Alberto and Philip for their suggestions :D We will come back soon!!!!

• 3rd May 2014
  • Spain

Good hostel IF you like alcohol, drugs, wet bed, bad smell, garbage inside room and on your bad

It needs bigger lockers, bunks that you can sit on (they are too low), a more friendly lounge area. much better staff (ie not high). my brother left his phone there (his mistake) but when he rang up to check if it had been handed in or found, he was spoken to very badly by staff (exact time15,04,2014 23,00)& the staff 'so what do you want me to do, Im on a 6h shift' when asked maybe to check lost property he couldnt be bothered & they didn't have one. it was raining & i was given a broken umbrel