Hostelxberger Reviews

Schlesischestr. 22, 10, Berlin, Germany

overall good experience, had a stay of 3 nights. met fun people in my room, reception was nice and polite, beds were comfortable, central location. negative points are more about the installations; no shelves beside the beds or in the bathroom, no bed lights, no room keys for me when i checked in... !!! BAD WIFI !!!!

great time over there. I met a girl in the hostel we had a lot of fun inside so the hostel experience is even better

Do yourself a favour and don't stay at this place. The place has a theft problem, no wonder due to the front door being wide open with most of the time no one at reception. There aren't any locks on the dorm room doors either, so anybody can wonder of the street to find some goodies to help themselves to They are also one of these annoying hostels that like to add extra expenses on top of the initial cost, such as an additional 2.50 for sheets, instead of including them in the initial price.

Extremely friendly staff and very kind to help. Staff actually follow through with telling people off when they don't clean the kitchen, this is a big positive. Unfortunately had food stolen twice out of the fridge, this is a people problem, hard for staff to monitor. Showers are average but usable. One hour walk from town, metro station very close now. Very close to matrix club (500m). Supermarket near by. Good kitchen. East side Berlin Wall also 500m away :)

Perfect hostel if you are in Berlin to party all night and sleep for a few hours during the day. Wouldn't recommend to a clean freak or security-monger but at 15 euros a night it's totally worth it. Location is EXCELLENT, close to great cafes and bars, not to mention most of the clubs you should check out.

Unfriendly staff, storms into our room without knocking, harassing us with room cards, when they knew our faces, even on the 14th day of our stay. Got asked to tidy our room??? Wifi didn't work for the whole 2 weeks. The floors felt dirty under your feet even straight after being mopped. Our linen never got changed, beds really noisy, felt like being 9 at summer camp. It was not worth the price. The location was awesome though, the days we had in Berlin unreal.

• 7th Jul 2015

Frindly and helpful stuff, location is perfect. Lots of bars, restaurants and street food around.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Ukraine

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. The fact that anyone can be expected to live in these conditions and have to pay for them aswell is unacceptable and I can assure you I will not be returning.

• 3rd Jul 2015

BE careul with your stuff, someone stole my phone from my room and the guy on charge didnt do anything for me, refusing to check the cameras or help me in anyway. Dont expect nothing for some of these people, not all of them, some of them are nice.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Antarctica

There's a hidden charge of about 2.5 euros for bed sheet and pillow case, which was not mentioned during booking. It's not worth it. for lower price you get much better places just a few minutes walk away.

The hostel is actually to expensive for what it really is. If this hostel would cost you the half, it would be ok, the beds are small and not really comfortable and the facilities are a little bit to old. The locations is ok if you want to party and the 12 hr check out if you went late out to party.

None of the locked so felt unsafe. Plus things were going missing. (None of mine thankfully) internet did not work which was annoying.

• 5th Jun 2015

DIRTY HIPPIE HOSTEL! The worst hostel I've ever stayed... Everything so dirty... Especially the bathrooms, which were always disgusting and smelly. It's totally insecure (rooms have no key and generally there is nobody in the reception so you can go easily). I couldn't sleep because of parties in the rooms till late in the night. Besides, the receptionist in the morning is so rude and unkind. Wifi didn't work. But the worst part is that you pay almost the same as the others. NEVER coming back!

There are a few things I would like to suggest: 1). An age limit for the dorm rooms as there were a lot of older men who made me uncomfortable, 2) have wifi in all of the rooms not just the lobby, 3). Have a limit to the number of nights you can stay in the hostel.