Hostelxberger Reviews

Schlesischestr. 22, 10, Berlin, Germany

Perfect hostel if you are in Berlin to party all night and sleep for a few hours during the day. Wouldn't recommend to a clean freak or security-monger but at 15 euros a night it's totally worth it. Location is EXCELLENT, close to great cafes and bars, not to mention most of the clubs you should check out.

Unfriendly staff, storms into our room without knocking, harassing us with room cards, when they knew our faces, even on the 14th day of our stay. Got asked to tidy our room??? Wifi didn't work for the whole 2 weeks. The floors felt dirty under your feet even straight after being mopped. Our linen never got changed, beds really noisy, felt like being 9 at summer camp. It was not worth the price. The location was awesome though, the days we had in Berlin unreal.

• 7th Jul 2015

Frindly and helpful stuff, location is perfect. Lots of bars, restaurants and street food around.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Ukraine

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. The fact that anyone can be expected to live in these conditions and have to pay for them aswell is unacceptable and I can assure you I will not be returning.

• 3rd Jul 2015

BE careul with your stuff, someone stole my phone from my room and the guy on charge didnt do anything for me, refusing to check the cameras or help me in anyway. Dont expect nothing for some of these people, not all of them, some of them are nice.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Antarctica

There's a hidden charge of about 2.5 euros for bed sheet and pillow case, which was not mentioned during booking. It's not worth it. for lower price you get much better places just a few minutes walk away.

The hostel is actually to expensive for what it really is. If this hostel would cost you the half, it would be ok, the beds are small and not really comfortable and the facilities are a little bit to old. The locations is ok if you want to party and the 12 hr check out if you went late out to party.

None of the locked so felt unsafe. Plus things were going missing. (None of mine thankfully) internet did not work which was annoying.

• 5th Jun 2015

DIRTY HIPPIE HOSTEL! The worst hostel I've ever stayed... Everything so dirty... Especially the bathrooms, which were always disgusting and smelly. It's totally insecure (rooms have no key and generally there is nobody in the reception so you can go easily). I couldn't sleep because of parties in the rooms till late in the night. Besides, the receptionist in the morning is so rude and unkind. Wifi didn't work. But the worst part is that you pay almost the same as the others. NEVER coming back!

There are a few things I would like to suggest: 1). An age limit for the dorm rooms as there were a lot of older men who made me uncomfortable, 2) have wifi in all of the rooms not just the lobby, 3). Have a limit to the number of nights you can stay in the hostel.

This hostel has a *perfect* location if you want to chill in the eastern parts of Berlin and go out in good bars and clubs by foot, and it's very cheap. So this made me forget that it is not so clean nor so funny :-/ Not the best hostel ever then, but still I would recommend it.

There was no lock on the room door so anyone could walk into our room, you had to make your own bed then take off the bed sheets when you're leaving and put them into the wash trolley, you also had to pay for the sheets, the bunk beds had no barrier on the top bunks so it was very easy to fall/roll out of the bed!!!. The staff were nice but the older "gentleman" that works there was very rude and it seems like he is just waiting for an argument over nothing!! Cheap but there is better in Berlin

• 29th Apr 2015

The manager was making troubles and blaming others. When I cheked in I said the confirmed price should be honored as they took 12% deposit,he said deposit is taken by HW not by them. So,I emailed HW asking about it. After watching me email,he retracted and found correct price. When checking out,he accused me for'submitting a complaint'(apparently HW followed up),and blamed me for'typical American attitude'

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Japan

Seems a little expensive for what you get. uncomfortable beds, and very low bunk beds. There were hugs balls of dust under all the beds and no free breakfast. Good location if you want to be in the party area. Also, no locks on dorm rooms so anyone could and did just walk in. There were good sized lockers, if you were lucky enough to get one, as there were not enough for everyone.

This was my second stay in this hostel. And the next one will be here as well for sure. The hostel has everything is needed and is great value for money. ¡Thumbs up!