Hosteria Rose Cottage Reviews

Mojandita, Otavalo, Ecuador

Rose Cottage has beautiful views and is a great place to relax. It costs 3$ for every taxi ride down into or up from the city though. As a solo traveller, it was really hard to socialize and the taxi rides become expensive. So I decided to have the expensive (9$) dinner at the cottage, because the taxi would have made any dinner in town more expensive than that. But for 9$ I was quite disappointed with what I got...that was definitely overprice.

My girlfriend and I reserved a room from the Rose Cottage online for a fixed price per room. When we got to the location we were told by the staff that we would be charged over twice the price that we had reserved the room for because there was two of us. Unfortunately, we were never asked during the reservation process how many people the room was for. When we tried to find a solution the staff could not negotiate because the owner lives in England and when called was absolutely unhelpful.

The reason to stay here is the beautiful location. the wifi wasn't working and the electricity was off for the two days that I was there but I still managed to enjoy it which says something about the place and location.

A tranquil oasis of calm in a stunning location, that has easily one of the best views I've seen from a hostel. The food was great too, if a little pricey, and the staff friendly and helpful. Rooms did get a little cold at night though.

It is a great place with nice staff, clean beds and bathrooms. Good food, great vistas and a calming silence that only inspires peace. If you will be in Otavalo, I highly recommend this place. A few minutes from town.