Hotel 17 Reviews

225 E. 17th Street, New York, New York, USA

Strange old school hotel with cool architecture in a great location, and relatively cheap price. Shared bathrooms are small and cramped, but it IS New York, and in a week there I only had to wait to use them once. Rooms were nice, staff were relatively friendly and easy to deal with.

This is a great choice for a budget hotel type environment. I had a single and it was just enough space to be comfortable and I never had to wait to use the restroom or take a shower. All the facilities were also super clean

Perfect location in Midtown Manhattan. I'm a college student who was looking for a cheap place to stay and was blown away by how nice this place was considering I only paid $79 a night and I was right in Manhattan! Less than a block to subway stop, safe neighborhood with good restaurants. The room was so nice, had sink in the room and was impressed by how clean the bathrooms were. I'm definitely staying here again the next time I'm in New York-Hotel 17 is best option for college students!!!

old world charm love the hood

It's a lovely building, but it's dark & unwelcoming. Staff, they there because they have to. Otherwise, the rooms are clean, comfortable & spacious (but not the hallway). I would check out other hotels, unless you are desperate for an accommodation.

Hotel 17 is a really nice place with a charming atmosphere. Nethertheless the shared bathroom is to less for the money. Shower and toilet are in one room. If someone showers the whole floor can not use the toilet. This is the situation every morning and evening.

A good hotel for its price in a central location.

• 25th Aug 2013

great place, nice rooms and awesome location

• 17th Aug 2013

It's definitely a budget hotel, but it was clean, quiet, safe, comfortable and had a great location. It also definitely felt very old fashioned New York-y. I will definitely be recommending it to others.

A hotel more than a hostel!!! the only difference is the shared bathroom... but there are 2 baths in each corridor, and some rooms have their own bathroom... so we found it always free for us!! :) There is a sink inside the room. You can go walking to financial district and also to Times Square and Central Park... it's in the middle of Manhattan! :) expensive to be a "hostel", but cheap to be in New York. Happy to be here.

• 12th Aug 2013
  • Spain

Everything was fine, it was clean and decent, only 2 blocks from subway stations. But sometimes, there was a loud and weird noise from the water pipe, you have to shut down the pipe to mute the noise. You have to use shared bathrooms, but I have not met the situation that I had to wait in line to use the bathrooms.

• 17th Jul 2013
  • China

I had a great week long stay. Staff was average as far as friendliness and helpfulness. I felt VERY safe here, great location. Close to Union Square and the subway system. Only complaint was that my private room did not have a sink in it. However the bathroom was right across the hall and I never had to wait. The bathroom was very clean. If you want maid service you have to hang the door tag out, otherwise you're on your own. I will stay here again for sure!

People need to ask for a Cairo and desk. It's the same price.

• 1st Jul 2013

Good value, decent size room, very clean, and quiet. The only improvement I would have liked was coffee/tea making facilities at least by reception if not in the rooms. Other than that I had a nice stay and would recommend this hotel.

It was my first stay stay at hotel 17 and it will be not my last one. The location is great - you can feel the old charme of New York in this hotel. That was awesome. And the price for a room cannot be compared to other hostels/hotels in Big Apple. The best deal we ever had. The hostel and all the employees do a great job - many thanks to them.

• 10th May 2013
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The place looks old in a good way. Great location - explored all across lower Manhattan by foot.

I liked the hotel: it has atmosphere and character. I liked it to stay there. The hotel is also pretty close to the subway. At first I wanted to stay in Broocklyn, but then I decided to stay there. I was very happy that I did this.

• 14th Apr 2013

Nice place with great location. Really small rooms, but that is reflected in the prize. Would definately stay there again for a shorter visit to nyc.

Pleasantly surprised about the size of your rooms and had a very comfortable stay.

• 18th Mar 2013

This is the second time that I live in hotel 17~ And I have to say it is a good experience~ The room is very clean and delicate~ The location is perfect~ But I think the number of bathroom in each floor is not that enough. I need to wait for a bathroom every morning~

• 12th Mar 2013