Hotel 31 Reviews

120 East 31st Street, New York, USA

Its a nice place to stay, cleaning was really good and the staff was very nice. Close to several subway lines and especially Penn Station that is key to go to JFK or Newark airports.

• 9th Sep 2014

The location was pretty good and the hotel was extremely clean. The internet did not work in our room and we had to go in the hall to use it. The room was very very small and if we had more than two very small suitcases we would not have had room for our stuff. For the very high price we paid even if it was Manhattan I feel we should have had a slightly better accommodation.

• 18th Aug 2014

we had a nice stay,,,the room was clean though a bit small and it had a sink in the room which was great but bathroom was shared. I good place for a short stay..

Would defo stay here again

• 23rd Jun 2014

The price on hostelworld website was definitely not what we paid! That price was without all the taxes and other fees which means that for 3 people and 4 nights, we had to add $128, that makes a huge difference! If we had known, we would probably have stayed somewhere else. I was very disappointed by the huge difference in price.

• 10th May 2014

Hostel is in a good location, we had a beautiful view from the window of the Empire State Building. I think the guests would like to see better range of services ... either Breakfast or at least a kitchenette with basic equipment such as electric kettle, microwave and refrigerator. Before arriving we tried to contact the hotel to inquire about the store luggage before check-in, but unfortunately not one of the three emails no answer :-( Also, we had information that we have via email to confirm

really nice hotel, our room was clean, location was perfect for us, staff were friendly, at night was quite...i would stay here again..

Great hotel, perfect location for exploring Manhattan. Very clean, not once had to wait to use the shared bathroom. Awesome wallpaper. Only 1 bad thing: the heating was not controllable in the room and it was way too hot (I woke up with a nose bleed 6 out of 7 nights because of the dry air)

The location was perfect, but internet access was terrible. Internet was free, but it was too slow to use it. Considering the price, the hotel was not bad. However, they definitely needs to improve internet access, which is necessary for travelers to gather valuable information (e.g.) buying musical tickets in NYC, searching museum and ticket price, checking email, etc).

Hi, my stay was great , thé hôtel is clean especially the bathroom Hope be back son Thanks

• 28th Dec 2013
  • Tunisia

Very easy to stay there. Close proximity to New York activities, Staff very knowledgeable and cooperative with any problems or queries, which was very helpful for us arriving in a new city.

• 16th Nov 2013
  • South Africa

I found the staff really friendly and accommodating and the room was just what I wanted for my stay in New York. I feel it was a little overpriced for what was provided but great location and always felt safe.

• 26th Aug 2013

everything in NY is expensive, this quality with this price is reasonable

Good value for the charhe. Note that 13% approx is added to the fee for state and city taxes so price is higher than shown on web page

• 1st Jul 2013
  • Sweden

Very friendly and helpful reception staff. Good central location. Overall provided good value for money.

• 27th Jun 2013

Hotel 31 was great. Loved the character of the hotel and location. We rented an iPad from the hotel for our stay which was very helpful. NatureWorks restaurant across the street offered amazing healthy choices. I would stay there again.

I felt it was a nice place to stay for a week, the rooms were better than I had expected. The location is great, close to the subway station and a lot of stuff in walking distance, like for example the Empire State building.

Perfectly located, nice building, helpful service, clean.There are nice Restaurants around and its close to the Subway. The view to the Empire State Building from the room was great. We felt secure and comfortable. We only missed breakfast there.

• 28th May 2013

I lived in a single room for four days. it was a great experience. the hotel is very clean and comfortable, though the sound of air condition is a little bit annoying.

I really loved the European feel of the hotel. It is probably what will bring me back. And the location was really nice.

• 16th May 2013