Hotel Acquaverde Reviews

Via Balbi 29, Genoa, Italy

No Rating

The hostel was nice in general, but there was no heating so during the night it was really cold.

I have been to several 3 star or even 4 star hotels all over the world. I have to confess that Acquaverde was better than those although its a two star hotel. In addition, we were three person and reserved a 3 bedroom private for two nights. The room was very clean and high class, really well designed with interesting paintings on the wall, phone, large bathroom, large room, 42 inch lcd TV etc.. The price we paid was quite fair and worthy. We did not use the breakfast service so no comment on it

We chose this hotel, because of its location right next to the central station. The room is average, with a bathroom added to the room. It was more or less clean. A good thing was the free WiFi in the rooms. The breakfast costed an extra 5€ per person and was really not worth the money. The next day we spend less money in a café right next to the harbor. If you don't expect much of your hotel for just one night this hotel might be allright, but we will not stay there again.

• 1st Oct 2012

Great, and much appreciated, security. felt safe leaving my belongings in the room. The staff was very helpful and the location is perfect. A pleasant surprise was the room being cleaned and new towels provided while we were out for the day. Overall, the hotel added to a perfect experience in Genoa.

They only had private rooms, but they were very clean and safe. Its not a place to go to meet people, but overall it was a nice hostel. The only problem we had was with a member of staff, who was a bit inappropriate at times.

Two of the staff members were inappropriate with my travel mate and I. Each morning when we came down for breakfast he would tickle us and pet our heads. When we would leave he would give us hugs and kiss our necks. The other one was asking for our email addresses and gave us his phone number. I would just recommend for younger women to set firm boundaries with the staff.