Hotel Ajay International Reviews

near agra fort railway station/jama masjid, daresi no1, Agra, India

This hotel is located near Agra Fort Railway Station and you can hear trains at all hours of the day and night as well as plenty of noise from the street. Despite being close to the station we had trouble finding the place, as did local rickshaw drivers. The room was okay; large, comfortable, clean and the showers were good and hot. Staff are pretty unfriendly however and there was some 'confusion' over the bill at the end. Decent value for money but I wouldn't stay again.

This guesthouse is right out the back exit to the Agra Fort railway station, although if you arrive late at night, the back exit is closed and unsafe, so you'll have to take a rickshaw from around the front main exit anyway. It's very reasonably priced. It's a decent place to stay, although it has some cleanliness issues. Our sheets did not appear to have been cleaned. Very helpful staff, though, let us stay a couple hours longer when my wife was feeling sick.

Good, basic guest house. They let me stay for an extra half day at a good rate, the staff was very accommodating, room was clean - would stay again.

This hotel was very clean and in an excellent location. The staff were very helpful.

We stayed in a double room with AC and private ensuite. This hotel is fantastic for close proximity to the Agra Fort train station, just a 3 minute walk out the back of the station. Room was clean and AC worked fine. Good budget hotel.

Thanks for giving your valuable comments

I enjoyed most having a mouse for a roommate.

Extremely handy for the use of Agra Fort Station. First hotel where we had clean sheets!!! Great laundry service and really awesome Indian food in th restaurant thanks to the main hotel worker and restaurant manager Rinco!! Such a nice and friendly guy! Only negative is it's on a very noisy street but most of the rooms escape the noise.

• 6th Mar 2013

I choosed this hotel to have a good connection to the station Agra Fort. It´s just a few minutes ago and save even at night.

Nice porter guy, who was really helpful and kind. The receptionist in our departure was really good also.

The owner of the hotel has been very helpful, friendly and done his best to made our stay very enjoyable.

Right beside train station which is handy. Tuk tuk ride to taj mahal will cost about 70-100rs. Basic room with lack of cleaninless. Subject to frequent blackouts. Wifi available in reception. Staff are friendly and helpful and offered for us to use shower etc. Long after checkout before we boarded our train.

First people who did not want to sell me something in India: train/bus tickets, tours... The owners of the hotel also helped me with how to catch a cheap shared rickshaw from Agra Fort to Agra Cantt Thankyou!. The place is far from Taj Mahal (almost 2h walking if you dare), but the bazaar nearby is real India.

thanks for giving review but i think that you get the wrong way to go tajmahal in 2h walking reallly it is only 3 kms far from hotel and anybody reach within 30min.

For the first time it's very hard to find, but location is convenient if you need to catch a train from Agra Fort station. Its very close! Although it's not recommended for amateur travellers or elders :) staff left impression because they delivered us breakfast 5A.M.! Room is allright, very spacious but mosquitoes gets thru from outside, as well as lizzards ;) Also sheets were not very clean, with spots, and there is no hot water. But you can see Agra Fort from the terrace, it's nice.

Adequate place... except we had Indian kids turning off our external power switch for kicks... annoying at 10 pm

Hello, I am very sorry for inconveince. If you complaints at reception your problem definetly sort out.

good place to stay if you have an early/late train. They provided us with room service at 6am which was excellent! if booking through hostel world watch they dont add a tax- i think we overpayed as they added a service charge. Nothing spectacular, but a good place to crash if you're in Agra for just a day!

In Agra all car drivers using car horn crazily. Actually i saw some comments before my booking that this hostel is in the noisy area, but I'm not sure there is any calm area in Agra as they horn everywhere all day. But for me i found more noisy only on Sunday night but it's not effected my sleep at all after I walked all day around Agra.

Thank for fair comments because not only our hostel is in noisy area but truely everywhere is noisy due to more population/traffic jam and really people are crazy for blowing horns even on empty roads.

Very clean hostel. Super beds, i would like to sleep on many days... Towels!!

Thanks a lot. Towels are changing shortly.

This hotel is an approximate 20 min walk to Agra Fort but you will need transport to get to the Taj Mahal. Clean room. Helpful staff at least if you ask the right questions. There is a massive lock you use on the door! The street below can be very busy which is good for atmosphere but might make it hard for others to sleep. As usual bargain hard with the rickshaw drivers and you should get there for a reasonable sum. I did not meet anyone else when I was there.

thanks you very much for giving reveiw.

The location is nearby to busy market and not located at the tourist area. However it's ok if you hire a car with driver for the whole journey, pick-up and drop in front of the hotel.

thanks for giving your valuable comments

Stayed here purely due to it's proximity to the train station, but ended up being a fairly clean and well run hotel. Has a decent restaurant attached as well. If you want a quick stay in Agra, then I would recommend this hotel, as it is easy access to and from the station.

Thanks for your fair reviews