Hotel Alabarda Reviews

Via Valdirivo 22, Trieste, Italy

Pretty good hostel and nice people!!! ☺

Breakfast could be improved with more options.

• 15th Aug 2015

The location is the only positive thing about this hotel! There was 1 toilet and 1 shower for 8 rooms (we were a 4bed room!) - constant queue. And they were disgusting. Water sprayed from the seal of the shower head rather than the holes! No lights - had to use mirror lights. Doors didn't close. The room wasn't great either. Old chimney in the room with a gigantic hole in the wall, covered with a black plastic bag! Lockers were in the hall way - so constantly getting changed in the hall!

It's basically sharing a hotel room with a stranger, which felt weird. I missed the social aspect of a real hostel. Additionally, one fan in the room wasn't enough and the pillows were super hard just like the beds. I didn't sleep well at all.

It should be noted that this is NOT a hostel. It's a hotel with a few rooms that they allow people to share. With that being said though, it's a nice place and I would likely return if/when I go back to Trieste. Very good breakfast (perk of being a hotel), helpful staff.

It was really hard to find a suitable well-located and cheap place where to stay in Trieste, that's why we finally chose Hotel Alabarda. It's not that cheap and the bathrooms smelt pretty bad. Regarding the rooms, we had a fan that suddendly stopped working so we had a not comfortably warm night. The best part of it all is the location, 10 minutes walking from Piazza dell'Unita, but not even the breakfast was awesome as we has read in other reviews.

I spent here one night in a four-bed dorm. The room was quite large and comfortable. The bathroom was also acceptable. Staff was competent and friendly. If you're staying in Trieste one night and you don't want to spend too much, this hotel is definitely a good solution.

The place is Nice but when i was there it was very hot in the room without any kind of ventilation. The breakfast is good!

Good hostel. Lockers available. Room could use some A/C but it wasn't too bad (it was +38 both days). Location is easy to get to from the train and near the grand canal.

Very good breakfast, however dining room is rather cramped resulting in a queue of people waiting for others to finish. Otherwise a perfect hotel at this budget.

Security and location are EXCELENT, staff was kind and helpful, atmosphere is like in two-star hotel but definitely not like in a hostel (4 points out of 5), cleanlinnes EXCELENT, value for money is good because full breakfast is included, and facilities are EXCELENT. Thank you so much for your service, I hope to return soon :)

Great value! One of the best deals I've seen in Europe. The staff was pleasant and helpful, the location was good, and the breakfast had a great variety of good food and drinks!

A huge hostel with many rooms. We got one that was fairly stuffy but overall clean and tidy. paying for sheets is a little strange

Perfect for our one night stay with a good location.

There isn't much to do in Trieste. However, this hotel was a lot better than what I expected: great breakfast, clean showers, clean beds, and wi-fi worked everywhere. The check-in hours was not until later in the afternoon, but when I arrived in the morning, the staff still let me checked in to my room, which I thought it was very nice. I would definitely stay here again if I ever come back to Trieste.

Standard budget accommodation. Don't expect anything good, just normal old hotel with old beds. Staff is very friendly and helpful. And breakfast is very good with plenty of choices and local produce. You would, however, expect a lower price by the condition of the rooms.

Not a really a hotel, not really a hostel. it's a weird mix. the vibe kinda sucks. definitely not great for meeting people. the breakfast is awesome! the rooms are pretty weird, it really just can't decode what kind of place it wants to be

Good breakfast. Beds are side by side, without privacy. But it is ok for a hostel.

• 10th Jun 2015

The included breakfast was great! Rooms and bathrooms were nice and clean.

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Finland

Much better than expected, met some great people and was impressed with free breakfast. Good little city to explore and great place to stay. Would recommend.