Hotel Alabarda Reviews

Via Valdirivo 22, Trieste, Italy

1 .excellent breakfast. 2.poor lighting in common area of the dorm section; unable to read. 3. no possibility of boiling some water for tea etc, in the dorm section.

The location is great, close to the city centre and the train station. There is large common space to meet and chat with others. The hotel is quite clean and the breakfast is good. Highly recommended. The staff were very friendly.

They definitely had the '1970's budget hotel' aesthetic going on. The room was spacious, with only four people in there, nice and clean and with a power outlet for each bed. The shower was completely broken in one of the bathrooms, but overall the place was nice and they include breakfast.

I had read a review that said the shower was not draining, but I figured two weeks later it should have been taken care of. Wrong! Out of toilet paper. Wifi sporadic. Would not stay here for more than one night.

• 1st Sep 2015

This is not a hostel it IS a hotel, what they have done is put multiple single beds into rooms. However, good room, balcony was nice, free breakfast and was clean. Hard to meet other travellers as it is a hotel. No kitchen, not sure if washing facilities. Good wifi in rooms, good location (5 minutes from central station) Would definitely stay here again as a hotel, not as a hostel though

Pretty good hostel and nice people!!! ☺

Breakfast could be improved with more options.

• 15th Aug 2015

The location is the only positive thing about this hotel! There was 1 toilet and 1 shower for 8 rooms (we were a 4bed room!) - constant queue. And they were disgusting. Water sprayed from the seal of the shower head rather than the holes! No lights - had to use mirror lights. Doors didn't close. The room wasn't great either. Old chimney in the room with a gigantic hole in the wall, covered with a black plastic bag! Lockers were in the hall way - so constantly getting changed in the hall!

It's basically sharing a hotel room with a stranger, which felt weird. I missed the social aspect of a real hostel. Additionally, one fan in the room wasn't enough and the pillows were super hard just like the beds. I didn't sleep well at all.

It should be noted that this is NOT a hostel. It's a hotel with a few rooms that they allow people to share. With that being said though, it's a nice place and I would likely return if/when I go back to Trieste. Very good breakfast (perk of being a hotel), helpful staff.

It was really hard to find a suitable well-located and cheap place where to stay in Trieste, that's why we finally chose Hotel Alabarda. It's not that cheap and the bathrooms smelt pretty bad. Regarding the rooms, we had a fan that suddendly stopped working so we had a not comfortably warm night. The best part of it all is the location, 10 minutes walking from Piazza dell'Unita, but not even the breakfast was awesome as we has read in other reviews.

I spent here one night in a four-bed dorm. The room was quite large and comfortable. The bathroom was also acceptable. Staff was competent and friendly. If you're staying in Trieste one night and you don't want to spend too much, this hotel is definitely a good solution.

The place is Nice but when i was there it was very hot in the room without any kind of ventilation. The breakfast is good!

Good hostel. Lockers available. Room could use some A/C but it wasn't too bad (it was +38 both days). Location is easy to get to from the train and near the grand canal.

Very good breakfast, however dining room is rather cramped resulting in a queue of people waiting for others to finish. Otherwise a perfect hotel at this budget.

Security and location are EXCELENT, staff was kind and helpful, atmosphere is like in two-star hotel but definitely not like in a hostel (4 points out of 5), cleanlinnes EXCELENT, value for money is good because full breakfast is included, and facilities are EXCELENT. Thank you so much for your service, I hope to return soon :)

Great value! One of the best deals I've seen in Europe. The staff was pleasant and helpful, the location was good, and the breakfast had a great variety of good food and drinks!

A huge hostel with many rooms. We got one that was fairly stuffy but overall clean and tidy. paying for sheets is a little strange

Perfect for our one night stay with a good location.

There isn't much to do in Trieste. However, this hotel was a lot better than what I expected: great breakfast, clean showers, clean beds, and wi-fi worked everywhere. The check-in hours was not until later in the afternoon, but when I arrived in the morning, the staff still let me checked in to my room, which I thought it was very nice. I would definitely stay here again if I ever come back to Trieste.