Hotel Alabarda Reviews

Via Valdirivo 22, Trieste, Italy

Had a good time in Trieste. It is a working city rather than a tourist trap. Loved the key card entry system, so easy to use and I thought the hotel was very very clean.

Perfect for a budget stay. Lovely breakfast and a great location. We were running late and the staff kept the reception open for us!

Trieste isn't amazing for backpackers, but worth a one day stay. This place is the cheapest place so worth going to and the staff helped us with printing boardings passes etc

Stay includes a nice breakfast in the morning. Staff was helpful. Big downside was that the wifi was down during my entire stay. If you're gonna need wifi, check that it works before you book. Otherwise, good hotel/hostel for a short stay.

• 25th Aug 2014

Very good breakfast, very clean toilets ") very near from station as well.

The hostel was my favorite during my journey. The location was convenient and they provided and wonderful map. The staff was friendly and the included breakfast was incredible. The rooms were clean and cool and towels were provided. The bathrooms were large for a hostel and there was a sink and mirror in the room for brushing my teeth etc. Overall, I very much enjoyed my stay there.

• 16th Aug 2014

Good place to stay for a one night stop in Trieste. Close to station, cheap and great breakfast included. Shower lacked good lighting and room fan was extremely noisy so had to sleep without! However comfy beds made it a decent night sleep.

The only downside (which, in my view, is pretty significant) is not having a locker. If ere are any, I wasn't shown them. Apart from that, excellent location (less than 5 minutes walk from Centrale train station) and it's clean.

The place is shabby and dirty. In the shower there were cockroaches. The furniture looks very cheep and old. Another annoying thing was bad sound insulation. I could really hear constantly that my neighbors are watching TV and not only in one room but from two or three sides in the same time. The floor was old and creaking under the feet. Finally, the street outside is very noisy even during the night. On the other hand I am happy with the staff, breakfast and location.

I was here for one night and found it to be ideally located between many of the city's sights and major transport hubs ie. train station and bus station. The hotel was a little old and perhaps felt slightly 'dingy' but it was nonetheless comfortable and I had a good night's rest. The free breakfast included was also quite extensive so that was a big plus!

Quite basic. Good location - it's close to the train station. Breakfast was excellent!

Awesome breakfast, though Trieste is a very expensive place to stay!

Hotel Alabarda provided what we needed. Nice comfy beds, a television, shared bathrooms and breakfast included. We only spent one night but there would be no problem with spending more time there as there didn't seem to be anyone else there! Excellent!

• 29th Jun 2014

Ostello molto interessante, nel cuore di Trieste , tranquillo e pulito, personale molto cordiale e buon prezzo , difficile trovare di meglio in citta'

The reception is on the 3rd floor and there's rooms on the 1st floor, so you might get your luggage up and then come down again! There's an elevator but if you have big luggage it wouldn't fit you :) I had a train to catch early in the morning so the location was perfect for me, it's close to the center also. The staff was nice and friendly on check-in. The facilities are not bad but they seem a little creepy, at least in the 1st floor. One shared bathroom for the whole floor seems not enough.

Nice place, in between the station and the city, weirdly laid out and very old fashioned Jin the bedrooms, privacy in the first floor bath rooms could be improved as could lighting there.

Great location, friendly staff and a nice, clean room.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

This hotel is very central. The staff were okay, but didn't go out of their way to explain what to see in the town. The biggest problem was that there was no room light so at night I had to use the bed lamps which weren't enough. Same went for the bathroom, there was only a light above the mirror and no light for the room.

Te worst hotel, the service Very poor

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Colombia

The rooms are clean (as long as you don't look under the bed ...). Also the bathroom is clean. The location is great, close to the train station, the sea and the Canale Grande. Nice breakfast buffet.