Hotel Alba Reviews

Viale Porpora 132, Milan, Italy

Property was in a very undesirable area and quite a walk through rough looking streets from the station. Even though it was cheap I will not be staying here again. My door would not lock, there is zero atmosphere in the hostel also. Everything was clean and the staff were fine but I would advise spending a little more for something better.

In a bit of dodgy area, was glad I was with my boyfriend at night! But no problems really, you need to get a metro into the city but that is fairly easy. Basic accommodation but the staff were good, we could leave our luggage all day after check out and they retuned my kindle that I had left under the pillow!

My flight came in really late so I emailed saying i would miss check in. Instantly I got a reply saying it wasnt a problem and they can wait for me until 3 o'clock. The staff is super helpful.Clean, friendly, not bad location and all in all such an awesome themed place to stay.

I was only here for one night, but I definitely noticed the lack of a social area. Luckily I had great room mates, but could use a social area. It's pretty basic otherwise though, fine for a couple of nights at most but not a fun hotel by any stretch.

Very friendly staff! We had wi-fi inside the room, it was really fast which was a real big plus. the room is very clean and comfortable. Highly recommend staying here!

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Greece

I stayed in a shared room in Hotel Alba. It was ok, but nothing great. The beds are fine, the bathroom could be a bit more clean but wasn't too bad. Breakfast is not included, and for 2 euro you get a terrible one.

The staff were so friendly, the room was very clean, and it was very quiet at night and in the morning which was nice when you wanted to sleep. But the rooms were sooo hot. I knew they didn't have AC when I booked but I didn't expect it to be as hot as it was. I asked the staff for an extra fan and they were more than willing to go and get us an extra one. Overall, great place! Close to transportation and little shops as well. Short ride to the main attactions

• 18th Jul 2014

This place was a little further than we anticipated but was very solid. Only one night there right after our flight to Italy, but we has a nice double room that even had a shower in it. They also let us leave or luggage there all day as we got in fairly early and wanted to explore. Nice staff although we didn't interact much

this is an excellent hotel, i put my wallet into the pillow and forgot to take it . All my money is in the wallet. The reception girl send me message and kept my wallet till i got it back. much appreciated and would recommend to anyone. Thanks.

The staff is nice, but mostly keep to themselves. A good option for a quick stay, but far away from neat things to do. The rooms were very clean and it's nice to have a shower in the room. The main bathroom is not in nice shape. Good internet connection! No common room area so the hostel lacks the feel of a hostel where you meet people, Not a bad option of a place to stay for the cost at all, but it depends on what you're looking for.

• 5th Jul 2014

I was just looking for a place to stay close to the central station so it worked out great for me. If you are looking for the "hostal" experience this is not it. I talked to one person while I was there. The staff was helpful but they don't have any maps which I found odd. Really seemed more like a place to sleep. No kitchen and no lockers, though each room locks.

Really cheap, and nothing lacks. I recommend it. Remember to bring blankets

• 20th Jun 2014

Very nice and helpful staff. Would be more useful to have multiple keys for the shared rooms. I happened to find myself locked out of my room when coming back to the hotel at 2.00 a.m., just because the other room-mates (who I didn't know) had taken the only available key to the room and locked themselves inside.

The hostel is very close to the train and metro, very clean as well. Stayed in the 4 bed female dorm but it wound up only be 3 beds! Overall, great stay!

very clean room, helpful staff, near supermarket, everything is ok

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • China

the location is convenient, and the room is very clean and comfortable and really quiet. stuff here is good. down stairs there is a supermarket and many restaurant cheap. open 24h is really helpful because we came back to the hotel late at 02:00 am. and it's safe. we will come back another time. :)

• 19th May 2014
  • China

Cons: VERY far from the train station and city center. Nice staff, but skeleton key locks on the doors and nowhere to lock up luggage during the day. Pros: Clean, close to a supermarket, bus picks up and drops off right outside the building

We were very happy with our stay at Hotel Alba. The staff was excellent and the room was great. There's was a shower in our room and then we shared a toilet. It was clean and comfortable. We would stay here again!

There are no lockers in the rooms and it is in a kind of sketchy area, if you arrive to the city at night makes sure you already have walking directions. The staff was odd, not very helpful, and there are no lounge areas. Ok for a quick overnight but not if you are staying an extended period of time.

The room is very clean and cute, with shower inside. staff members are kind and helpful, location is good, convenient, near bus and metro, 4 stops to the main train station--centrale, and down stairs there are many good restaurant and a supermarket really near, just across the street. And we can leave the luggage at reception.

• 17th Apr 2014