Hotel Alba Reviews

Viale Porpora 132, Milan, Italy

The card machine reader wasn't working when we got there, so they let us sleep and pay in the morning, which was super nice. We had a private room with a shower inside...it looked too gross to shower in so we went the body spray route in the morning. The toilet flushed with a screw, and the beds were really uncomfortable. The sheets appeared clean, but what with the combination of the other dirty things, who knows?

Low quality hostel, no hair dryer, sink blocks and takes ages to drain, only one thin pillow each, no air conditioning, and very expensive and out the way. On the other hand the staff were very friendly and helpful.

There should be a way to make sure the door locks without having a key. I left early from the hostel, and had to leave my key obviously, so the front door was unattended and open starting early in the morning. It seems like a security issue moreso if a guest left as early as 2am or the like.

• 17th Sep 2015

The place was clean. The stuff were nice but sometimes it was hard to find them. It was ok for a short stay.

When i checked in she told me that the hostels were in another building and i was a bit suspicious, but this was called hostel gala and it was great. It was really clean which is my main concern, it was really quiet so not the place to be if you are looking to meet people and have a party. I shared a four bed dorm with one other person and i think this is because it is a bit on the pricey side for a hostel. The shower got a little backed up with water but otherwise it was just what i was needed.