Hotel Alba Reviews

Viale Porpora 132, Milan, Italy

I stayed in a shared room in Hotel Alba. It was ok, but nothing great. The beds are fine, the bathroom could be a bit more clean but wasn't too bad. Breakfast is not included, and for 2 euro you get a terrible one.

The staff were so friendly, the room was very clean, and it was very quiet at night and in the morning which was nice when you wanted to sleep. But the rooms were sooo hot. I knew they didn't have AC when I booked but I didn't expect it to be as hot as it was. I asked the staff for an extra fan and they were more than willing to go and get us an extra one. Overall, great place! Close to transportation and little shops as well. Short ride to the main attactions

• 18th Jul 2014

This place was a little further than we anticipated but was very solid. Only one night there right after our flight to Italy, but we has a nice double room that even had a shower in it. They also let us leave or luggage there all day as we got in fairly early and wanted to explore. Nice staff although we didn't interact much

this is an excellent hotel, i put my wallet into the pillow and forgot to take it . All my money is in the wallet. The reception girl send me message and kept my wallet till i got it back. much appreciated and would recommend to anyone. Thanks.

The staff is nice, but mostly keep to themselves. A good option for a quick stay, but far away from neat things to do. The rooms were very clean and it's nice to have a shower in the room. The main bathroom is not in nice shape. Good internet connection! No common room area so the hostel lacks the feel of a hostel where you meet people, Not a bad option of a place to stay for the cost at all, but it depends on what you're looking for.

• 5th Jul 2014

I was just looking for a place to stay close to the central station so it worked out great for me. If you are looking for the "hostal" experience this is not it. I talked to one person while I was there. The staff was helpful but they don't have any maps which I found odd. Really seemed more like a place to sleep. No kitchen and no lockers, though each room locks.

Really cheap, and nothing lacks. I recommend it. Remember to bring blankets

• 20th Jun 2014

Very nice and helpful staff. Would be more useful to have multiple keys for the shared rooms. I happened to find myself locked out of my room when coming back to the hotel at 2.00 a.m., just because the other room-mates (who I didn't know) had taken the only available key to the room and locked themselves inside.

The hostel is very close to the train and metro, very clean as well. Stayed in the 4 bed female dorm but it wound up only be 3 beds! Overall, great stay!

very clean room, helpful staff, near supermarket, everything is ok

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • China

the location is convenient, and the room is very clean and comfortable and really quiet. stuff here is good. down stairs there is a supermarket and many restaurant cheap. open 24h is really helpful because we came back to the hotel late at 02:00 am. and it's safe. we will come back another time. :)

• 19th May 2014
  • China

Cons: VERY far from the train station and city center. Nice staff, but skeleton key locks on the doors and nowhere to lock up luggage during the day. Pros: Clean, close to a supermarket, bus picks up and drops off right outside the building

We were very happy with our stay at Hotel Alba. The staff was excellent and the room was great. There's was a shower in our room and then we shared a toilet. It was clean and comfortable. We would stay here again!

There are no lockers in the rooms and it is in a kind of sketchy area, if you arrive to the city at night makes sure you already have walking directions. The staff was odd, not very helpful, and there are no lounge areas. Ok for a quick overnight but not if you are staying an extended period of time.

The room is very clean and cute, with shower inside. staff members are kind and helpful, location is good, convenient, near bus and metro, 4 stops to the main train station--centrale, and down stairs there are many good restaurant and a supermarket really near, just across the street. And we can leave the luggage at reception.

• 17th Apr 2014

A nice hotel in about five-ten minutes walk from the metro station. Easy to find. Very friendly staff. Clean rooms. And it was much cheaper than most of the other hotels so close to the centre. The only downside was that there were not toilets in the rooms though there was a shower, thetre are two big toilets in the hotel. So my overall impression of the hotel was absolutely positive.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Russia

There was no kitchen and location was a bit sketchy at night, but nothing out of the ordinary. There was a slight problem with a second booking but the staff was very helpful in solving it. Overall I think it was a very good value for money, except for the fact of the kitchen.

I don't regret choosing this hostel. Stayed 3 nights there and everything was fine: staff, location, room access and facilities. No other added fees, except for the tourist tax of 2 euros. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet and reasonable place to sleep during a short stay in Milan.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Albania

Affordable and reliable place, for people who are not looking for debauchery at all, that's a right place.

It is a very nice place to stay ! It is near thw subway in a peaceful street. If you take the subway you'll get to the center very easily. This place is Very conviencene with a supermarket, it is very useful to have a convenient supermarket nearby. Really enjoyed my stay here, staff helpful and a great common area which made meeting people easy. The room itself is basic but does the job.The place is very clean and rooms are very comfortable and includes free-wifi and Tv.

• 14th Mar 2014