Hotel Alba Reviews

Viale Porpora 132, Milan, Italy

Just another cheap hotel.

This is a simple hotel but clean and confortable. It's localized near a metro station and accepts late check-ins (we arrived about 1:30). Very good if you're looking a place mainly to sleep | take a shower and a good rapport value for money.

• 24th Oct 2014

Booked one bed in the six bed dorm, when I arrived the receptionist at hotel alba told me my reservation was actually for the hotel around backback, weird. Overall place was dirty and a little sketchy.

• 24th Oct 2014

Hotel is about 10 and 20 minutes metro stations (Loreto). Hotel is in quite silent area, but there is a problem with parking your car. There is no common room and kitchen so you cannot prepare warm meals or drink a hot coffee (you can pay for coffee from coffee machine). Hotel is on a second floor without lift. Rooms are clean, wifi works well. Staff is nice and helpful.

Very nice and comfortable hostel in a good location - only few minutes by foot from a metro station. I lack a place to prepare meals with fridge and so on, but besides it really pays off when it comes to what you get at this price.

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Poland

The place is a trash basket!!! I stayed in a room with 4 beds and in the middle of the night we had to leave the hostel because all beds were full of TICKS, those insects were full of blood inside. GROSE!!!!

It's located near a bus stop and you can get there easily by metro or bus. But there is no elevators - you have to go two floors upstairs, which is really bad if you have a lot of luggage.

Pretty cheap hostel but a big minus for not supplying more than one sheet and a dirty blanket. Also, I slept with my wallet under my pillow (just in case, I didn't feel insecure but you never know) and the next morning there were small bugs crawling out of it. I guess you get what you pay for. Staff was friendly though.

Property was in a very undesirable area and quite a walk through rough looking streets from the station. Even though it was cheap I will not be staying here again. My door would not lock, there is zero atmosphere in the hostel also. Everything was clean and the staff were fine but I would advise spending a little more for something better.

In a bit of dodgy area, was glad I was with my boyfriend at night! But no problems really, you need to get a metro into the city but that is fairly easy. Basic accommodation but the staff were good, we could leave our luggage all day after check out and they retuned my kindle that I had left under the pillow!

My flight came in really late so I emailed saying i would miss check in. Instantly I got a reply saying it wasnt a problem and they can wait for me until 3 o'clock. The staff is super helpful.Clean, friendly, not bad location and all in all such an awesome themed place to stay.

I was only here for one night, but I definitely noticed the lack of a social area. Luckily I had great room mates, but could use a social area. It's pretty basic otherwise though, fine for a couple of nights at most but not a fun hotel by any stretch.

Very friendly staff! We had wi-fi inside the room, it was really fast which was a real big plus. the room is very clean and comfortable. Highly recommend staying here!

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Greece

I stayed in a shared room in Hotel Alba. It was ok, but nothing great. The beds are fine, the bathroom could be a bit more clean but wasn't too bad. Breakfast is not included, and for 2 euro you get a terrible one.

The staff were so friendly, the room was very clean, and it was very quiet at night and in the morning which was nice when you wanted to sleep. But the rooms were sooo hot. I knew they didn't have AC when I booked but I didn't expect it to be as hot as it was. I asked the staff for an extra fan and they were more than willing to go and get us an extra one. Overall, great place! Close to transportation and little shops as well. Short ride to the main attactions

• 18th Jul 2014

This place was a little further than we anticipated but was very solid. Only one night there right after our flight to Italy, but we has a nice double room that even had a shower in it. They also let us leave or luggage there all day as we got in fairly early and wanted to explore. Nice staff although we didn't interact much

this is an excellent hotel, i put my wallet into the pillow and forgot to take it . All my money is in the wallet. The reception girl send me message and kept my wallet till i got it back. much appreciated and would recommend to anyone. Thanks.

The staff is nice, but mostly keep to themselves. A good option for a quick stay, but far away from neat things to do. The rooms were very clean and it's nice to have a shower in the room. The main bathroom is not in nice shape. Good internet connection! No common room area so the hostel lacks the feel of a hostel where you meet people, Not a bad option of a place to stay for the cost at all, but it depends on what you're looking for.

• 5th Jul 2014

I was just looking for a place to stay close to the central station so it worked out great for me. If you are looking for the "hostal" experience this is not it. I talked to one person while I was there. The staff was helpful but they don't have any maps which I found odd. Really seemed more like a place to sleep. No kitchen and no lockers, though each room locks.

Really cheap, and nothing lacks. I recommend it. Remember to bring blankets

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7