Hotel Altamira Reviews

Avenida Jose Felix Sosa, Caracas, Venezuela

I stayed 2 nights at the Hotel Altamira on the eve of revolution in Venezuela. I can't overstate how helpful the staff was, especially Magdelena at the front desk.

IT was really nice stay at this Hotel. Fernando gave us very good Information and He is very helpfull Person! I would recomend it! Thanks!

• 23rd Jan 2014
  • Austria

For the money, it is the best place to stay. It is close to the metro station and all kind of stores nearby. The internet signal in the lobby or waiting area is strong but it does not reach the upper floors. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay there again when I visit Caracas.

• 25th Jun 2013

1) The Hostelworld map shows the hotel place wrong. -Found there by using google maps. 2) The communication between Hostelworld and the hotel had not functioned: I went to the hotel one day in advance just to control that everything was ok, and they didn´t have any information about my reservation in the hotel. I had made the reservation to Hostelworld one week earlier.

• 21st Feb 2012
  • Finland

Hotel simple, sans plus. Bonne situation geographique, le mieux quartier de Caracas (Chacao) Bon rapport prix/qualité.

Very Clean and tidy, good location for bus and trains. Helpful and friendly staff. The man behind the desk at night Liemur, helped us learn some Spanish!!

• 2nd Aug 2011

El hotel esta bien en relacion precio-calidad.Buena atención en la recepción y posibilidad de guardamaletas luego del check-out (muy seguro).

caracas has little to offer outside of politics,politics,politics.Hugo chaves is everywhere.The currency situation is not funny at all and by paying in local currency(which we changed on the black market at the border when arriving by coach from santa marta)the price was half what we expected to pay in dollars.So ensure you change money before you arrive.The rooms are very basic, and that is being polite and need updating.We overlooked a school so the noise of schoolkids was loud and started early 6am, yes

Rooms are small, very basic. Do not expect anything special. The staff is not the nicest one I met. For that price I expected a little bit better accommodation. Nada, Slovenija

The staff were very helpful when trying to sort out flights etc. We would recommend staying here if you are in Caracas. Good location and nice room. Thank you!

the hotel is well located, simple and good size for a night in Caracas

No pool, the rooms are completely different from the picture...Good, but for the same price we might find something better!

For the same cost in Mexico city, I stayed at a more modern hotel with more amenities and with room service. Also, when I requested an extra blanket, was not able to get one because the person behind the desk did not have a key. Room was overpriced for what I got but it was safe and clean.

Staff doesn't speak English. Quality of hostel is less than average in Sth America. But the location is great - 4 min by walk to the bus station (to go to other cities), banks and shops are nearby.

Muy mala atención en la recepción. Lo unico bueno es que queda en chacao.

The hotel staff did not speak much english but did store our luguage while we visited the city before the check in time. The room was small but adiquate for the one night after angel falls. The area was safe and only a couple of min walk from the metro station.

Ahora mismo, yo creo que el hotel ha entrado en franca decadencia. Debería haver más opciones en Caracas por ese precio.

The hotel was ok...but not more than that. If you don´t have too much money it can help a lot. But some items were weird to us. We do have internet acces (bring your computer or cell phone), cable tv and air condition. But the conservation of these things were not so good. The shower were cold, the tv didn´t have a remote control and the air condition made a lot of noise...the room looks like an very old style, but the beds were clean. I would recommend for people who doesn´t care for appearance

Pleasant room but lots of ants. Ill fitting air conditioning unit(which did not work!) meant lots of mosquitos. Venezuela not a good option at the moment due to poor government imposed exchange rate and departure tax of 60 dollars.

they charged us again for the deposit, paid it twice.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5