Hotel Ambra Reviews

via Caccianino 10, Milan, Lombardy, Italy

I wanted a cheap place to stay in Milan and so I booked this hotel. It actually wasn't that cheap but it was all that I found at the time. Our room was on the top floor and we had ants everywhere. The bathroom construction was incomplete. The front desk was very very unhelpful and unwelcoming. And our bed was dirty. The "hotel" is pretty far from the center. I'd say a good 45-1hr walk. I wanted to save money and that's why I booked here, but it's not worth it. I stayed 1night.

• 12th Apr 2014

Room wall was full of cracks and had only one outlet. Bed was barely acceptably clean. In the common bathroom the toilet paper had mold on it (I didnt even know it was possible). The guy at reception was paying more attention to the game on TV than on our needs. It says its close to the metro station, but you have to walk 10-15 minutes to get there in a not so friendly neighbourhood. Avoid this old hotel.

We stayed in the double bed ensuite on the 3rd floor with the balcony. The person at the reception was kind and cooperative, he also marked us locations on the map. The street has cafes, pubs, clubs and restaurants nearby, not to mention the proximity to metro station and the main train station (and still the hotel is in a quiet street). The breakfast in morning was good enough. We stayed here for only one night but would definitely love to come back.

The hostelworld allowed us to book the cheapest room. However, this room is only available if you book for 7 nights. Even receiving the confirmation from e-mail, the Hotel didn't have our book, because it was against their rules. In the end, they found a room for us, but we had to pay more for that. The Hotel is not good, but we booked because it was very cheap (around 6 euros p/ person).

• 31st Oct 2013

Its a good option if you are Looking for a cheap place to sleep. The room was nice and confortable, but the bathroom always had water in the floor and the wifi was really bad. Anyway it worths for the price and the location is good, there is a súper markt near and other shops and it just 4 stops by metro to the center of Milán.