Hotel Ambra Reviews

via Caccianino 10, Milan, Italy

There were a lot of mosquitoes in this hostel , Otherwise worth staying.

I wanted a cheap place to stay in Milan and so I booked this hotel. It actually wasn't that cheap but it was all that I found at the time. Our room was on the top floor and we had ants everywhere. The bathroom construction was incomplete. The front desk was very very unhelpful and unwelcoming. And our bed was dirty. The "hotel" is pretty far from the center. I'd say a good 45-1hr walk. I wanted to save money and that's why I booked here, but it's not worth it. I stayed 1night.

• 12th Apr 2014

Room wall was full of cracks and had only one outlet. Bed was barely acceptably clean. In the common bathroom the toilet paper had mold on it (I didnt even know it was possible). The guy at reception was paying more attention to the game on TV than on our needs. It says its close to the metro station, but you have to walk 10-15 minutes to get there in a not so friendly neighbourhood. Avoid this old hotel.

We stayed in the double bed ensuite on the 3rd floor with the balcony. The person at the reception was kind and cooperative, he also marked us locations on the map. The street has cafes, pubs, clubs and restaurants nearby, not to mention the proximity to metro station and the main train station (and still the hotel is in a quiet street). The breakfast in morning was good enough. We stayed here for only one night but would definitely love to come back.

The hostelworld allowed us to book the cheapest room. However, this room is only available if you book for 7 nights. Even receiving the confirmation from e-mail, the Hotel didn't have our book, because it was against their rules. In the end, they found a room for us, but we had to pay more for that. The Hotel is not good, but we booked because it was very cheap (around 6 euros p/ person).

Its a good option if you are Looking for a cheap place to sleep. The room was nice and confortable, but the bathroom always had water in the floor and the wifi was really bad. Anyway it worths for the price and the location is good, there is a súper markt near and other shops and it just 4 stops by metro to the center of Milán.

The hotel is desperately in need of complete renovation, which is done properly. Especially bathrooms are in horrific condition,I would even call them neglected.

We stayed in one of their en-suite rooms which was excellent value for money. The place is very quiet and a short walk only from the nearest metro station. It is not a super-fancy place but you get excellent service and a great value for the price. I would stay there again without hesitation.

JUST DON'T GO THERE..

• 4th Oct 2013
  • Greece

The staff's English is pretty good and willing to help. Not far from the metro station. The room is pretty clean. Overall it's pretty worth the money.

The hotel is small, cute and in a small private street. The balcony is perfect for drinking wine all night

Good hotel, i would suggest it to anyone who want a cheap hotel. Comfortable bed, near city center, shower & wc are shared, staff is very friendly.

the location is really good, quite near to the central Station and in a quiet residential area. Unfortunately the bathroom was not clean and the bed very uncomfortable. But for a short stay and specially for students or people who want to travel cheap it's good.

700 m from Piola subway station. Woman with Muslim headscarf working at the reception. Room and washrooms not very clean. Shared washrooms were often occupied.

In my rom was very poor WIFI, no more problems and usual Italian breakfast is not my preferete. No single rooms

The main drawback in the hotel are the toilets and showers. The hinges of the toilet rings are broken, so the toilet rings are not attached to the seat. In the showers the is no hook where you can hang towels. I saw some shower with a towel hook, but it was broken. Balconies need to be cleaned up as well.

You cannot run an hotel without caring if the toilet seat is broken and unusable!

it was my first time in milan! the hotel is at a great spot about 6 minutes from the metro station Piola! the staff was kind and helpful! the only problem was about the water in the shower when we were taken a our shower late night! but we understood it was happening because everyone was taken them shower at the same time, so we didnt complain about it! im about to go again in milan in the same hotel!

• 23rd Nov 2012
  • Greece

Overall relatively good place, nice rooms and nice balcony. Though two out of the three showers i had were freezing cold and the character of the place was not at all like a friendly, fun hostel, but more like a quiet, secluded hotel.

Hotel Ambra is definitely worth ur money. Its quiet close to central station and you get a number of resturants on your way where you can eat. Moreover, Hospitality of Mr. Madi, i think the person who owns the hospital is at paar.He will help you out in anything possible. I thought that at this money i will get far inferior room but i was travelling through few cities in past weeks and i found the room much cleaner and ambiance better than previous room. Highly recommended at cheap price.

• 14th Oct 2012