Hotel Andre Gill Reviews

4 Rue Andre Gill, Paris 18eme, Paris, France

Lovely little low budget hotel, with excellent staff in a great location. I booked a private double room with ensuite, which was compact but very charming, complete with tiny lift to get to the sixth floor! Staff were very helpful, including the two cats and (I think) three small dogs who rule the roost. Pretty good value and I would happily stay there again.

great little hotel to stay at for a short stay in Paris. close to Underground stops, helpful staff, and a couple of attention seeking cats in the hotel lobby! Thankyou!!

Location is perfect, room is clean and there is a (simple but enough) breakfast. My only problem is that hot water sometimes finished during shower. People must pay attention that the payment might be done in CASH in the check in (I know this is on the conditions, but sometimes we forget to read all the things ;)).

The staff were excellent, all very polite and helpful. The dogs and cats made the place real quircky! The room was spotless and very comfy! The only downfall is there was no fridge in it, but there was heating and TV. Free WiFi, which worked also in our room was a big plus! Great location! We decided to book the hostel after a good research, it is among the top rated in Paris in Hostelworld. You seriously cannot go wrong! By far this is the best value for money in Paris! We'll be back for sure!

• 1st Aug 2014

Good location and friendly staff, but fascilities could be better, i e if you're staying on the 3rd floor you have to go to 1st floor to take a shower etc.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

The location is good and the staff are nice. But I think the space there is quite narrow, narrow lift, narrow room.

Loved this hotel. Budget hotel, yes, but had plenty of little amenities, like towels, clean bathroom, TV. Rooms were city small, but, literally on the coolest street in the city, so the location makes it so worth it for the price.

• 21st Jul 2014

We had a lovely time at the hotel, the staff was really nice and friendly, especially Martial. I would recommend this hotel to other people. They had a dog and two cats, which is good to know for people who are allergic.

Great location, very near to metro station, Sacre cour, Moulin rouge. Great and helpful staff. The room with bathroom was absolutely sufficient, clean and neat. Only hair-dryer didn't work. Breakfast included croisant, bagete, jam and butter with hot drink and juice, but it was quite enough.

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

For security they have a camera at the front desk (not always a person there) and you have to hang your key up before you leave and you just grab it when you walk back in. The street the hotel is located on is used by a bunch of people in the evening to drink, passout, etc.

I enjoyed my stay at Hôtel André Gill very much. I was traveling alone, so I stayed in a single room which did not have a bathroom or a shower. But thebathroom and shower were always free when I needed it. All rooms and facilities were spotlessly cleaned. All the receptionists were very friendly and helpful, especially Marciel. The one drawback was there were many people loitering and drinking in the alley outside the hotel in the evening and into the night, and if felt unsafe at times.

• 12th Jul 2014

Hotel Andre Gill is located in a great neighbourhool but is lack luster. The bathroom in our room had no shower curtain nor door and a shower head that barely worked. Housekeeping times were inconvenient. Two of the staff members were great; nice, friendly and helpful while everyone else seemed indifferent or too busy to assist. The cats in the lobby were cute but the dogs that visited everyday were loud and always in the way. The bedding was old and covered in hair (human and feline).

• 11th Jul 2014

I stayed in a single room with the shared bathroom option (which I did not notice when I booked) . My room was small but clean and on the 6th floor. The bathroom is on the 1st floor which was somewhat inconvenient because I refused to use the extremely small elevator and rather opted for the stairs. The mattress was not very firm and some of the towels looked very worn. The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is conveniently located but I do not recommend using the subway stop at night

Is a very "simpa" place. Nice people, in the very heart of Montmatre and an incredible price for Paris!

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Hello, I had a really lovely stay at Hotel Andre Gill with my sister for 5 nights. Initially I was a bit put off by its close proximity to Pigalle and all the shops but it was easily avoidable and didn't end up bothering me at all (in terms of safety etc). The location is great, we had a lot of evening strolls around Mont Martre with all its glorious cafes and bakeries. The staff were all really friendly and the pets there were well behaved and added to the homeliness of the place :)

• 5th Jul 2014

Elevator broken, must pay in cash, hot and the street noise went on until 2AM. At least put fans in the rooms to drown out the noise and get a breeze going.

• 5th Jul 2014

The hostel is very closed by to the metro station, so the location is perfect to go through this transport and visit Paris. Also is just a few streets from the Moulin Rouge and Sacre Coeur. The staff was very nice with us, and helps us a lot. I really recommend this place.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

Really enjoyed the family atmosphere, especially the cats. Jasmin was really helpful and welcoming. I hope she gets to visit NZ some day soon. Delighted to find a lift after hauling cases up stone staircases all through Italy. The room was very clean and comfortable and the location great - central but quiet. Appreciated the breakfast included as well. I wish the croissants in NZ were this light and flaky , but hey this was France.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

The hotel staff were immediately welcoming and friendly & nothing was too much trouble. They spoke perfect English & readily offered advice on where to go etc. = gold star service in this respect! The hotel is situated close to the Pigalle district, however the cul-de-sac that it's situated in is quiet. The metro link & bus stop are close by. Albeit quite small, the room was clean & functional, however it did not have tea/coffee facilties and this was a distinct downside.

• 29th Jun 2014

The hotel is in a great spot for night life and the staff are welcoming. It's was a great place to start my trip around Europe.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4