Hotel Anjou Reviews

18 Rue Gambetta, Biarritz, France

Perfect location within a few minutes walk from all the shops, eateries, beach and market. Tucked away in a quiet side street. The hostel accommodation is not in the actual hotel building! Parking is cheaper if paid through the metre, but can be difficult to find, also due to Biarritz' plentiful one-way streets

Good location however there was no a/c so sleeping with the windows open allowed all of the street sound in which preventing us all from having any sleep. There was hardly anyone on reception to ask questions but when there was they were friendly and helpful

This is a clean hostel with wifi that works and it's in an EXCELLENT location. They are strict about when you can check in so call if you're gonna be late! Rooms are small but we had room for 2 large bags and surfboard. We stayed on the ground floor in July and had to keep the windows open to catch the breeze (No AC) and it was very noisy all night long. It would have been nice if they provided a fan. The location of this place is so great however and it was safe and clean. Great experience!

This hotel is in a great location and the room was spotless. I had trouble getting an internet connection in the annex. Their solution? Sit on the stairs so I was closer to the internet antenna! Which I had to do several times since I was sending emails that absolutely needed to go through without any "blips". Also, I later realized that on check-in the woman charged me 70€ per night (instead of 69€) plus the tax that the French government now charges. Other than this, the stay was lovely.

Good location, only thing was the wifi wasn't great, didn't work all the time.

• 5th Jul 2014

I liked my room, especially the view. uper bathroom. The carpet could do with a clean, though.

• 28th May 2014