Hotel Anjou Reviews

18 Rue Gambetta, Biarritz, France

A great place - well run and clean and well kept even in high season. Staff were very helpful and accommodating. We could leave luggage before check out and they allowed us to park support van for our charity bike ride in the front of the hotel. Stayed round the corner in annexe which was quiet as off main road. Breakfast was plentiful - and the staff kindly let us arrive 10 mins later on our first day.

Great place - v welcoming and helpful. We had large van to park which had been the support vehicle for a charity bike ride and the staff did all they could to help us and make life easier for the boys who had done the ride. Allowed to store luggage too. Perfect location in centre of town and near enough to beaches. The annexe we stayed in was quiet and comfortable down a side street. Good, plentiful breakfast.

Not for people who need a common area to make friends. Excellent facilities but the wifi was on and off (use Google, not Safari)

I only stayed at Hotel Anjou for one night as I needed somewhere in Biarritz prior to flying home the next day. Other reviews mention that there are two buildings - I find myself in the main building with the reception. Place felt more like a regular hotel than a hostel, but I have to say, I really liked it. It has a cute charm. Staff were perfectly helpful, although the guy behind the desk did seem a little terse. They're strict about check-in times, so be aware. The location is excellent.

• 6th Jul 2015

Friendly staff. Exceptionally clean..warm bed and quiet sleep.. Wifi ok. TV well positioned...