Hotel Assarotti Reviews

Via Assarotti 40c, Genoa, Italy

The staff is very nice!!

• 11th Jan 2013
  • Paraguay

Was great, only reason I didnt give it 100 is because it was nothing special but its a very good hotel, plain and simple. The walk to the old city is great so location was actually a plus for me, better than being right in the old town. Plus there is a great pizzeria tratoria up the street, at the roundabout, that is awesome.

We stopped here for a one night stay in Genova, during a roadtrip through Northern Italy, mainly sleeping in Hostels and cheap Hotels. Rooms were clean, spacy and air-conditioned which made it a comfortable overnight, especially for the low price of 28€ !! Breakfast was included, whit boiled eggs and fresh croissants topping the buffet. I would never recommend this hotel for a long-stay (more luxurious) vacation, but when you're just passing through Genova, this hotel is worth your consideration

Location was great. Staff was helpful in letting me know which restaurants were the best in price and quality of food.

• 21st Jun 2012

I didn't like this hostel too much. Although the location is excellent, walking distance to the sights of the city, my apartment smelled strongly of a pungent cleaning fluid, making staying in it a little annoying. This contributed to my decision to stay there one night instead of two. In addition, I believe that the hostel advertised having free parking. In fact, it costs 10 € per day to park in the hostel parking, and you'll likely be ticketed if you park on the street.

Very attentive desk clerk and the bathroom was small but very clean and the room had all the amenities. Taxi service to the location was prompt and breakfast was served.

• 30th Jun 2011

No one was very hospitable. I felt intrusive and unwelcome. It was really confusing trying to get around and no one from the hostel assisted us. I didnt have an opportunity to meet or chat to any of the other people staying there.

Room was so wet and cold. Representative of the hostel did not want to heat our room. Parking at hostel station is very expensive 10 Euros a night (you can park on street in Blue Zone for free or cheaper, depends on the day or night). You must leave your car key at the reception, and if it is needed receptionist drive your car for example car replacement.

The parking cost additional 10 EUR. The rooms only for smokers, so if you wanna live in pack of cigarets, then go book your room. It is definatelly to expensive and not so cleat as it should be.

Nice little hotel, 10mins walk from the centre of town. Staff were great but the bed was uncomfortable. Internet was free but very slow.

Good place to stay for a couple of nights and really nearby centre of genova.

The location is pretty good, but there isn't much directly around it. A short hike down the hill gets you right into the busiest area of the city, walking back up the hill is the worst part (but not too bad). Everything was pretty clean and the staff were helpful, overall no complaints.

the location of the hotel was reasonably good. the breakfast left something to be desired, the staff was really nice and helpful, and the free internet was a definite bonus.the main problem was that someone must have been chain smoking in our room, and it was suffocating.

Nice cosy hotel located close to train stations and central city. The hot chocolate at breakfast was fantastic

The hotel is very clean, organizes, the staff is helpful (they even let me have breakfest after the time was over), I got 2 hours of free internet, and location is fantastic!

Good quality, clean and simple rooms. I liked the location - a little way up the hill from the center of town, but still within walking distance of all the sites. I would stay there again. Note that it is a hotel rather than a hostel.

The roof seemed to be quite thin as we could hear alot of what was going on in the room above us. However this was only a minor problem and overall it was a great place to stay.

It is more like a hotel instead of a hostel. Very reasonable prices, very clean too. The location is not perfect but it is ok, you can walk to the interesting spots of the city.

Very close to the port and very easy to get everywhere. The staff was very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to everybody.

A really really lovely hotel with wonderful staff. The room was great and the breakfast was so large! It is a slight walk into the centre of Genoa but for us it was perfect.

« first « Prev 1 2 3