Hotel Balbi Reviews

Via Balbi 21/3, Genoa, Liguria, Italy

Great staff, free breakfast, amazing rooms, and superb location.

Just a lovely place to stay. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the rooms were well maintained.

• 4th Sep 2013

The hotel is conveniently located close to the Old Port of Genoa (walking distance), in a very nice neighbourhood. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately there is no 24 hours reception. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Some of them (I stayed in 2 rooms because I extended my reservation) are super charming and you feel like living in a museum or an old castle. Breakfast is great. Free speedy wi-fi. I would definitely stay here again.

There is no lift in the hotel, if you have luggage it gonna be tough to move them upstais; the room appears quite old and linen seems quite old in dull color. Hotel location is great, 3 minutes walking distance to thetrain station.

• 2nd Sep 2012
  • China

Staff were helpful and accommodating - happily looked after my bag before check in and after - helped with a map and a route to take through the city. Room was large with a bumpy double bed, but reasonably comfy. Breakfast was a selection of cereal, yoghurt, pastries, cheese, meat and fresh coffee.

We stayed in private ensuite room , it was huge with comparison to other hostel. It is like a house without a kitchen. It is so close to the train station and breakfast is rich . I can recommend for sure

great breakfast!

Super staff and typical breakfast

• 11th Sep 2011
  • Couple, 41+

The staff was rude and unresponsive. They were completely inflexible to my changing travel schedule. Unless you're looking for a miserable experience, you should steer clear from this hostel.

• 20th Jul 2011

Clean, nice, helpful staff, not super lively, but good place to sleep.

It's a beautiful hotel. Americans will be disappointed with the breakfast, but that is true with all Italian hotels. The hike up the stairs was long, but the steps were shallow, which made it easier, and other reviews forwarned me, so I knew what to expect!

Great location in walking distance to train station and to the port. We only spent 1 night here because we were in transit to Sardinia. Enjoyed having a private bath.

free wifi

In this price the Hotel conditions was exelent! Clean bathroom, fridge, air-conditioning, 200 meters to train station, good breakfast, very nice Hotel staff.

Very good value for money. Our room was more of an apartment suite than a hotel room. Staff were very friendly and breakfast included unlimited espresso. You have to be OK with loads of stairs though as it only even starts half way up a building, and all the keys you need get quite confusing. The hot water didn't seem to work in our shower, but then we did notice as we left a giant tank with an on switch next to the bathroom which might have been the heater that we didn't switch on.

It's not a hostel so No fun at all and they're so weird!!! You should search for other option!!!

It's great! I plan on going again. Huge rooms, private, internet, breakfast, location, right down the street from the train station...I will go again.

Great location (near train station).

Close to train station and decently clean. I had a room with a fresco and my own bathroom in it, and you're not supposed to smoke in it ("because of the fresco") but the person before me smoked. Opening the windows solved the odor problem. I'd recommend this for its location but FYI it's on the 3rd floor with NO ELEVATOR.

A nice hostel with very friendly people working there. One of the best breakfasts on our whole trip (3 weeks)!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6