Hotel Bambu Backpackers Reviews

75 - 77 Aberdeen St, Northbridge WA 6003, Perth, Australia

So good I decided to stay here rather than look for a house to rent... Friendly staff, relaxed and secure atmosphere...I feel very comfortable here. Friday nights are amazing! The owner goes out of his way to provide a great night out right here in the hostel... DJs, lighting and a real party atmosphere... I'd recommend this hostel to anyone...

• 5th Apr 2014

I've stayed at half the hostels in Perth, and this is the nicest one definitely. The staff were super friendly and the rooms very clean and comfy, which is more than I can say for any of the other hostels in the area. I would stay here again for sure.

best hostel I have been to! nice vibes and pretty cool to just hang around in the lounge entertainment area.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Denmark

Great hostel which looked like it just finished some renovations, very good location right in the heart of Northbridge. Staff were very friendly and accommodating and let me have an early check in after a long flight. Walking distance to shops and nightlife and very close to public transport! Only stayed one night as I was in transit but will definitely be coming back later in the year!

i love Bambu - Asian Cat boy -

• 18th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

Thank you Nor, we all miss the Asian Cat boy a lot, hope to see you one day again! Have fun in Melbourne!

Just horrible! Bedroom without windows, facilities dirty and too much nose during night.

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that, we had to close down the hostel for 3 weeks to fix several issues and renovation. What's new in the hostel: - Bug fixes - New eco, ultra-resistant lockers - flat screen TV on the lounge, with FOXTEL and movies from our computer HD - Card system to open the doors - New showers and renovated toilets - New lounge furniture You are welcomed to come and check it out. Thank you.

Do you like bed bugs??? - Then you are right! I changed the hostel, but i've paid it before. The girls at the reception (they are friendly and helpful) couldn't gave me my money back. I went to the hostel 3 times to talk with the manager about getting my money back cause i hadn't sleep in the hostel cause of bed bugs. But i've nerver saw him! Cause he was not there....

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that, we had to close down the hostel for 3 weeks to fix the bug issues and renovation. It's done, all the issues sorted and the hostel is running smoothly . What's new in the hostel: - New eco, ultra-resistant lockers - flat screen TV on the lounge, with FOXTEL and movies from our computer HD - Card system to open the doors - New showers and renovated toilets - New lounge furniture

people drink/smoke cigs/weed all day. On various occasions, people showed up asking to buy drugs. Receptionists moody. Owner was nice but apparently you don't wanna get on his bad side eg he stole someone's passport from safe, stole their bags from their room

• 9th Jan 2014

Terrible stay. I was glad to get out. The showers were mouldy, the wifi was not working and the bunk beds did not have ladders. Got maybe 3 hours sleep due to the noise. I've stayed in really great hostels at a lesser price and I really would not recommend this one to anyone.

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that, we had to close down the hostel for 3 weeks to fix all issues and renovation. What's new in the hostel: - Bug fixes - New eco, ultra-resistant lockers - flat screen TV on the lounge, with FOXTEL and movies from our computer HD - Card system to open the doors - New showers and renovated toilets - New lounge furniture You are welcomed to come and check it out. Thank you

I enjoyed my stay at the bam'bu so very much. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was great, too. It is located near the city so that you can reach everything easily. The rooms and facilities were everytime well cleaned. You feel like a member of a really nice family. If I ever come back to perth I will visit this hostel again. Both thumbs up!

• 16th Nov 2013

too noisy, party every night with high volume music until 3am in my room, number 7 there is a pipe with running water all day and night. i'm a very flexible person but if you want to visit Perth during day and have a rest night, this hostel is not for you

• 11th Nov 2013

Was good, the staff were really nice but I came back at am and realised there was no ladder to m top bunk, the people in my room had their belongings all over the floor so it was difficult to jump up and down.