Hotel Baron Reviews

1523 22nd street NW, Washington DC, USA

1. High privacy in the room and good facilities in the room 2. There is a bug in the room on the second night that we stayed 3. The staff is not very concentrated when he does the check-in. He just keeps talking on phone without introducing the facilities or wifi or whatever provided by the hotel

Staff was unfriendly, Room and bed super small, you could hear your Neighbours easily

• 28th Dec 2015

Good: Room big enough for the money. Heating fine (but noisy), hot water, good shower; cleaning staff was wonderful and earned every tip. Shampoo, soap, etc, from Bath and Body Works. Bad: I was given the first room in the first floor. You could hear all the noise from the bar. I'm used to sleeping through noise, so it was ok for me, but some else could hate it. Some one tried to enter my room at 3 am, twice, different days. Told the staff. Nothing happened. Had to jam the door with a chair.

• 6th Dec 2015
  • Mexico

It needs to be made clear that this hotel is on top of a bar. Very loud at night.

• 10th Nov 2015

This is a friendly, clean, and great value place to stay. The atmosphere is warm and the location is incredible. I would highly recommend it to anyone. We were attending a conference in the nearby Fairmont - a beautiful place, but our conference rate for rooms was over $250/night. At the Baron, I got a room for $70 per night and got to stroll by a park on the short walk (10 mins) to my conference. Made my Fitbit and my expense account very happy!

Very comfortable stay, thanks.

• 26th Sep 2015

This inexpensive hotel is good value for money and a good choice for backpackers looking for a little privacy if travelling as a couple or small group. The location was within reasonable walking distance to the main areas of interest and nearby supermarkets. The staff were professional and courteous and were helpful in refunding a tax discrepancy added to my bill on hostelworld. The rooms were clean and immaculate and the beds very comfortable. The AC was a God send. We would stay again.

Breakfast was really poor, and we have ordered a twin bed, which apparently doesn't exist ?! You should update your offer on the website then.. The bar downstairs is very cool though, and there seems not to be a lot of ok-price hotels in the area so that's good. Next to some bars and restaurants, as well of the metro.

View all Washington DC Hotels