Hotel Belazur Reviews

23 place d'Armes, Calais, France

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, unsure how they given 2 stars. The bathroom was old, dingy and unclean. There were cobwebs in the bathroom and stains on the bed sheets. The staff don't speak any English, so are unable to help. The hotel is right next door to a nightclub so we didn't sleep until 4:30am as we could hear and feel the music through the wall, and the staff just said they couldn't do anything about it! Awful hotel!

• 19th Jul 2014

It was a 15 minuet walk from the ferry port, about 5 minuets from the beach the room was clean although the balcony door was broken so you couldn't lock it but apart from that you got exactly what you paid for. The front desk staff didn't speak very much English though so asking about things could be a bit challenging. Overall I have no complains and would recommend the hotel to others.

• 5th Jul 2014

The hotel was pretty good. However, where our concern came in was walking from the port to the hotel. If at all possible you need to take a bus into town especially if your by yourself. It was very scary outside of town walking in. A large group of men had several tents and tarps in an open area. I highly reccomend avoiding this at all costs.

The hostel was very nice as well as the staff. They served the best breakfast I have ever had in a hostel. The room was the best room I have had as well. The shower was always hot, and I did not have to share the toilet. The hostel itself was amazing, but the area around it was not so much. The city itself is not very safe but as long as you do not walk outside of the main city center and stick to public transportation you will be just fine.