Hotel Brasil Reviews

Via Gustavo Modena ,20 fl. 4°, Milan, Lombardy, Italy

Hot really a hostel atmosphere and the staff weren't the friendliest but the location was good and there was a free breakfast.

The only thing I was strongly disappointed of is that I had to pay 12 euros more than my final reservation via Hostelworld stated. I was told that's because of the extra taxes, but there was no such information on their page. This was the first time something like this happened to me while making reservation via Hostelworld.

The hotel is very old. The elevator is only enough for 2 people at a time. Wifi is weak.

We really enjoyed our stay - great value for money, clean, comfortable and friendly. If you're looking for a place to rest your head comfortably at night whilst you head off exploring during the day, this is the place for you.

The room looked a bit creepy and the overall atmosphere was rather unpleasant but for the money we paid, I have to say it was a fair deal. The staff was helpful and the location quite good (two buses right next to the hotel connecting it with Duomo and the Central Station). So if you are looking for a cheap hotel for one or two nights in Milan, Hotel Brasil can be a good choice.

nice hotel

• 12th Oct 2013
  • Romania

Left my hoodie there. After call and e-mail, didn't receive any replay. It was great hoodie.

• 28th Aug 2013
  • Latvia

No air condition in hot summer time is hard to be acceptable. It's horrible when I went back hotel. If you want to open the window, mosquitos would annoy you whole night.

Good - Every day rooms are cleaning; fan was in the room; quiet; good location. Bad - towels was not changing; ants were in the room; booked a twin room but received a double bed.

• 2nd Aug 2013
  • Lithuania

Its ok, it was very hot when i went and although the room had a small fan , it was hot. we had to take a bus to the center, so it isnt that close.

staff was unfriendly and the roomes were dirty.

• 16th Jul 2013

we arrived at 00:00 and we booked a 3 bed room with shared bathroom, it was apparently assigned, but we got another 3 bed room with private bathroom. room was clean, beds were ok, shower was a bit hard to handle, but it worked (warm water), we got even a tv, but we didn't use it anyway. the staff was quite helpfull, they showed us on the map (0,50€ in the hostel) were the attractions are. wifi was also available.

The rooms are insanely hot during the summer nights. I would recommend installing air conditioning.

• 10th Jul 2013
  • Finland

The staff at reception were excellent, the rooms well sized, and it was located in a safe area near a metro stop. All in all a great choice.

The staff wasn't polite, we had to pay a tax we didn't know about and we found a cockroach.

Liked it very much there!

Good location (20 min walk to the Duomo and centre) and excellent price! However, the rooms are unbearably hot at night, the bathroom:guest ratio is very low, and mosquitoes are a problem in the summer.

Good spot close to the city. But don't stay here if you're after helpful service from the staff or a comfortable stay in summer. We're Australian and couldn't sleep in the rooms at night because it was so hot. The staff were next to useless when asked about public phone facilities and restaurants. The staff seemed grumpy when we asked for help. But hey, it's cheap!

• 7th Jul 2012

Friendly man works there who knows some English and was helpful. Close enough to the city center to walk. Only one bathroom with 2 showers and 1 toilet but it was not an issue surprisingly.

• 17th Dec 2011

the ceiling was literally falling on me in my sleep. I woke up in a sea of plaster. Also the sink woke me and my three friends up at 5 am because it was making extremely loud gargling noises. We couldn't sleep so we got the man at the front desk. He shoved a towel in the sink to muffel the sound. The next morning we told him about the ceiling and he said it was normal, however it is definitely not normal.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7