7.6
Very Good 101 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 101 Total Reviews
Hotel Cala Inn Alajuela Located at Frente al Parque Juan Santamaría, , Alajuela.
Costa Rica

• jordee_g90
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
23rd Aug 2016
7.7

We were only there one night but we got in late and there was no key for our room so we had to wake up the people in our dorm to open it (they had locked it from the inside, so you can only be secure when you're in the room). The breakfast was great and the lady who cooked it was lovely. There was no one at reception in the morning to check out and ask about buses to the airport. The beds were ridiculously squeaky and I felt bad for the guy in the bed below. Good price,nice enough for one night!

• USA, Female, 25-30
21st Aug 2016
5.4

I arrived at this location with my reservation number and was told that thy had given my room away. I was very disappointed because hostel word is supposed to ensure that you have a spot.

• kappstarr1590
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
10th Aug 2016
8.0

Super clean and a relatively quiet place to stay for a couple nights. Included breakfast was eggs, ham, fresh fruit, and juice. I would stay here again.

• Switzerland, Male, 18-24
2nd Aug 2016

Perfect for one night after you arrive at the airport or if you have a flight on the next day. Bus station is really close to it. Staff was really friendly and the breakfast was so good!

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
5th Jul 2016
4.3

I was shocked when I arrived here to find that the pictures online are all fake... The rooms look nothing like the images online. During our one night stay, I encountered 3 huge cockroaches and a nest of smaller bugs-- either baby spiders or bed bugs. I honestly did not sleep 1 second in this place because I was paranoid about bugs. We only stayed here because our plane got in very late, and it was located very close to the airport. Honestly, stay somewhere else.

5th Jul 2016

I love this kind of hostel that feels like home, with just a few dorms. It is small, minimal and perfect. Great location, kind staff and a solid free breakfast. It would be nice to have another bathroom for the dorms, but it didn't cause an issue when I was there. Highly recommend!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
14th Jun 2016

After a long time travelling I made a big mistake in booking both the wrong date and wrong number of nights for my stay here before my flight.... luckily, the staff were very accommodating and offered me a private room to equal out the cost of the two nights in a dorm that I had booked. Nothing special on the whole, but everything you need for the night.

• USA, Couple, 31-40
11th May 2016

The Cala Inn was perfect for our first night in CR. The taxi driver at the airport knew exactly where it was, and it only took minutes (and 1200 colones/$6 USD) to get there. Our room was basic, but very clean, nice fan, and the bed was comfy. Not much for atmosphere, but a pretty park and the Plaza are just across the street. Staff was friendly and super helpful in explaining how to use the public bus to get to Puerto Viejo. Safe- 24hr security gate to get in. Would surely stay there again.

30th Apr 2016

The hotel did not have the reservation we had made on Hostelworld but was still able to accommodate us. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only thing that was not that great was there was dirt and hair in both beds. My guess is maybe the sheets were washed but not the blankets? Otherwise it was a great location, close to the airport and quiet.

• bella786931
  • Norway, Female, 31-40
29th Mar 2016
6.9

Nice place to stay one night. But no kitchen facilities and mattresses were very thin.