Hotel Cala Inn Alajuela Reviews

Frente al Parque Juan Santamaría, Alajuela, Costa Rica

The staff was friendly and helpful. The only negative thing is the room we stayed in called "Dominical" was facing the Main Street out front of hotel. It was the loudest noisiest room I have ever stayed in and none of us slept. If you don't want the noise ask for a room in the back like "Roca Bruja" or Monteverde" or "Arenal".

• 7th Jan 2016

The rooms need some work, one light bulb didn't work. Nicest working there, very helpful.

Stayed at private room ,nice bathroom, great staff very friendly. The area is not so nice. Recommend if you need spent night before or after a fligh

Older but clean and close to the airport. Buses to San Jose just around the corner. Breakfast is excellent.

• 4th Dec 2015

Very safe hostel in a busy neighborhood. The staff is extremly accomidating. But there were window panes missing, blood stains on the sheets, and mosquitos in the room. If you need a night to crash before your flight this is a viable option. But if you're planning on spending more time in San Jose, this might feel more like a burden than a comfort.

• 3rd Dec 2015

Very nice hostel. Location is excellent, close to the city market, supermarkets, parks, restaurants and buses stations. Staff is nice and very helpful. Excellent breakfast. I went to stay for two days and stayed for a week.

I arrived after midnight. The man who answered the door didn't speak English, so check in was a bit difficult. I spoke as much broken Spanish as I could to get what I was saying across. I didn't sleep much because this is my first experience in a hostel. The dorm I stayed in was clean, bathroom was clean with hot water, and the front door is locked every night. I didn't stay for breakfast, but it did look delicious. This is a good hostel for starting/ending a trip. Taxi ride to SJO=$5

We enjoyed our stay very much. It was comfortable and right in the middle of everything. The facilities and breakfast are amazing