7.6
Very Good 90 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 90 Total Reviews
Hotel Cala Inn Alajuela Located at Frente al Parque Juan Santamaría, , Alajuela.
Costa Rica
Alajuela Central 20101 Frente al Parque Juan Santamaría
76% 90
10.0146467 -84.2137906
    Rooms available

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
5th Jul 2016
4.3

I was shocked when I arrived here to find that the pictures online are all fake... The rooms look nothing like the images online. During our one night stay, I encountered 3 huge cockroaches and a nest of smaller bugs-- either baby spiders or bed bugs. I honestly did not sleep 1 second in this place because I was paranoid about bugs. We only stayed here because our plane got in very late, and it was located very close to the airport. Honestly, stay somewhere else.

5th Jul 2016

I love this kind of hostel that feels like home, with just a few dorms. It is small, minimal and perfect. Great location, kind staff and a solid free breakfast. It would be nice to have another bathroom for the dorms, but it didn't cause an issue when I was there. Highly recommend!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
14th Jun 2016

After a long time travelling I made a big mistake in booking both the wrong date and wrong number of nights for my stay here before my flight.... luckily, the staff were very accommodating and offered me a private room to equal out the cost of the two nights in a dorm that I had booked. Nothing special on the whole, but everything you need for the night.

• USA, Couple, 31-40
11th May 2016

The Cala Inn was perfect for our first night in CR. The taxi driver at the airport knew exactly where it was, and it only took minutes (and 1200 colones/$6 USD) to get there. Our room was basic, but very clean, nice fan, and the bed was comfy. Not much for atmosphere, but a pretty park and the Plaza are just across the street. Staff was friendly and super helpful in explaining how to use the public bus to get to Puerto Viejo. Safe- 24hr security gate to get in. Would surely stay there again.

30th Apr 2016

The hotel did not have the reservation we had made on Hostelworld but was still able to accommodate us. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only thing that was not that great was there was dirt and hair in both beds. My guess is maybe the sheets were washed but not the blankets? Otherwise it was a great location, close to the airport and quiet.

• bella786931
  • Norway, Female, 31-40
29th Mar 2016
6.9

Nice place to stay one night. But no kitchen facilities and mattresses were very thin.

• USA, Female, 18-24
19th Mar 2016

My stay at Cala Inn was extremely pleasant and a great value for the price. The hotel is in a safe location in Alajuela and is close to the airport. It is cute and cozy inside, with a nice shared kitchen and balcony area where they provide complimentary breakfast (which includes coffee, juice, fruit, toast and eggs that are cooked fresh for you when you wake up). Rooms are comfortable, clean and cool enough at night to sleep. And best of all, the staff was incredibly kind.