Hotel Carré Vieux Port Marseille Reviews

6 rue Beauvau, Marseille, France

Had a fantastic stay at the hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Excellent location, very clean and very nice rooms. I would highly recommend this hotel and I will definitely stay there again when I go back to Marseille.

Enjoyed my stay

Great place to stay for a couple of nights. Walking distance to shopping area and several sights. Metro stop just around the corner. The breakfast was the best I've ever had in a hotel in France.

The hotel is in an excellent location - one street over from the port and right in the middle of town. However, our room was a bit dingy - it smelt like someone had been smoking in there and our view was a concrete wall so it was quite dark. It was clean, but we found it a bit weird when we came back one afternoon and the cleaner had picked up some of our clothes and folded and put them on the shelf-not necessary.Despite this we still enjoyed our stay, purely for the convenience of the location.

This is really just your average hotel. Nice, clean, comfortable and the location is excellent. It\'s just around the corner from the main port. The only downfall was the price...a bit too expensive for what you get.

great location

Excellent location, 2 mins walk from the main Port area full of restaurants and cafes. Bathroom was a little tired, but everything else looked pretty new and tidy. Very comfortable. Some staff don\'t speak English, but we managed to communicate fine.

This hotel is in a great location right in the heart of the old port. It is easy to get to from the airport or train station by getting the metro. The shops are nearby as are many lovely restraunts and there is a great atmosphere in the surrounding area. The rooms are very comfortable and cool with air conditioning. there is free wifi and the staff are very helpful. We would definitely stay here again we feel that it was great value for money.

This hotel is spotless, has the best location in Marseille ( only 2mn walk to the famous Cannebierre Port). Attention to details, lovely staff. The tea and coffea facility in the room is a plus. Would recommend it to friends, family & colleagues as perfect for business travellers too. I will also stay there again anytime I'm in Marseille.

Wonderful! I absoluetely loved it, and if I ever go back to Marseille, I will stay there again. : ) The breakfast isn't included, but is delicious, there's fresh sqeezed juice and espresso, and if you don't want to pay for the breakfast, grab a pastry at the bakery right next door! They're great!

Excellent location. 1 minute from the port and metro. Our booking did get coc8ed up however, as the hotel had no idea we were staying - even though i had hostelworld confirmation!! However, they were more than happy to accomodate us (2) in the required room on the day. Excellent hostel 9/10 - very much recommended

Very good location. Free internet, staff friendly and spoke english. Lovely city :)

All the staffin the reception should speak english.

Everything was so amazing! I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel and Marseilles, as well. :)

It' an actual 2-star hotel. That pretty much explains anything you need to know. I wasn't used to a full sized room after weeks of hostel stays.

The hotel was ok for its price. Our bathroom had a weird smell though...

The hotel itself was great; and in a fantastic location. However we experienced problems when we went to settle the bill, with the hotel wishing us to pay the booking fee that we had already paid Hostelworld; and a little more too. Clearly there had been a communication problem between the hotel and Hostelworld. Other than that; we had a very pleasant stay.

Staff were extremely helpful and spoke good English and entertained our bad french. There is car park in close proximity although did not fit our 2.4M van. Excellent location in the Vieux Port close to all the restaurants and bars

• 27th Jul 2007
  • New Zealand

I absolutely loved this place. The staff were ridiculously nice, the room was ridiculously nice. This was the most impressive budget hotel I had stayed in throughout my entire 1 month trip in Europe.

Very friendly and nice hotel. Sitting right next to the Vieux Port. Highly recommend

« first « Prev 1 2 3