Hotel Casa De Nelly Reviews

Vereda la Estrella, San Agustin, Colombia

Very quiet place with very good food and nice rooms for fair prices. A little bit outside the village.

I can't possibly recommend this place until they fix their showers. I was warned that their hot water was hot but this doesn't help me when the cold water stops working mid-shower leaving me with scalding hot water burning my hand. I'm just thankful I wasn't rinsing my face off at the time. They also only emptied the garbage in the bathrooms once a day so they had a lot of dirty toilet paper in them. It's a 45 minute walk to the Archaeological park and the taxi they called cost 10,000 pesos

Beautiful place! Definitely recommended.

Beautiful setting and very friendly and helpful staff, but 30mins walking distance from the town and the archaeological park.

Lovely spot, beautiful garden and really great communal areas inside and outside. Staff are really helpful. It is a 15-20 minute walk to town which is pleasant. I took a bedroom with shared bathroom as that was all that was available and the room was nice, however, at COP50,000 it was a bit pricey not being en suite. Dorms of 3 people are COP 20,000 which are great VFM.

The hostel was excellent. It had a relaxed, peaceful atmosphere and Harry was extremely helpful. It also has two cats and two dogs. The best hostel I stayed at in Columbia.

• 22nd Dec 2014

Gorgeous, comfortable, pleasant and silent. Kind and helpful staff. I strongly recommend!

Lovely rooms and garden, hot showers, and kind touches- free coffee one morning and we were allowed to use the facilities after we had checked out and had a night bus to catch, including showers after a walk. Location not an issue if you plan on doing a tour and visiting the park- supermarket is only 20 mins walk away. Worst part of the hostel is the confusing meal arrangement- you can eat dinner and breakfast here but we were not told how. Make sure you ask when you arrive to avoid the awkward!

An amazing place! A beautiful house, great staff, excellent food, even 2 lovely dogs, what more can i say.... Just go to this place if you visit San Agustin (is also very beautiful).

Nice hostel, laidback vibe. Excellent views and a nice garden. Also, the cook serves delicious diner.

This was my favorite hostel in all of Colombia. The grounds are amazing. The staff is friendly and helpful. They help arrange a great jeep tour for me and several other guests. The restaurant isn't really a restaurant. You have to order your dinner sometime during the day. They only cook for those who order. They will do some accommodations but its a fixed menu. The food was some of the best in Colombia. The hostel is a short 20 min walk from the park as long as you don't get lost.

One of the nicest and most inviting hostels I've ever been in-and I travel a lot and have MANY hostels... It's like coming home into paradise:a beautiful and coy place , loads of flowers many places were you sit and chat with fellow travellers or the absolute nice , caring and competent staff members... The only slight , but VERY slight minus could be the big TV flatscreen,which is nearly the whole day running... It cost me really some effort to leave as it was SO nice, relaxed ...

Definitely a place you could hang around for a while. Great gardens and surroundings. The evening meal was very good.

Magical place - beautiful, unique, and great staff. The cats and dogs were lovely too.

Casa de Nelly was the best place we stayed in Colombia (and we stayed in some awesome places). The staff felt like family and the hostel was like home. The gardens and the rooms are extremely well maintained. The guys took us on some awesome walks and showed us the very best of San Agustin. So lucky to have stayed here!

• 26th Oct 2014

The hostel passed on my personal and arrival details to a tour agency in the town and the hostel manager did not like me expressing my concern about this. This spoiled my stay and I felt the atmosphere was not inclusive. The rooms and house were clean and the garden is beautiful and it is quiet.

Our stay at Casa De Nelly was one of the real highlights of our trip. Lovely location, gardens, accommodation and atmosphere. The staff, especially Harry, couldn't have helped more.

• 21st Oct 2014

This was one of the best places I've stayed. A beautiful old country house with a great garden that felt like being at home. It feels more like staying with a group of friends. The owner was so knowledgeable and helpful about the area and what to do. The in house chef made amazing home cooked meals for breakfast and dinner (with advance notice). Cheap too, 5k for breakfast and 10k for dinner. Our double room was HUGE. Hot water all the time. This place is worth going to just to relax here!

One place in Colombia were I went back twice... It's a little paradise spot calm and peaceful with a beautiful garden the rooms are cleaned everyday... The food is just perfect. Really enjoyed my stay

Look no further in San Agustín - wonderful home cooked food daily, great staff. It's a walk from the town but the setting is beautiful. You will stay longer than intended!