Hotel Casa De Nelly Reviews

Vereda la Estrella, San Agustin, Colombia

Really enjoyed our stay here, one of the friendliest and most relaxing places we have been.

Beautiful location. Mostly quiet but the walls are so thin I could hear snoring from an adjacent room. The food is good but it was never explained how it works. One night dinner was served at eight and the following night it was served at seven. I do wish I had more time here. The staff was helpful in scheduling our transportation and answering questions about the area.

Good: Plenty of other people staying. Great food. Relaxed atmosphere. Bad: Room was cold, dark and a bit damp. Toilet was constantly blocked. Staff potentially too relaxed - we had to take our own laundry off the line after 3 days hanging in the rain.

Definitely liked it very much and would come back! While I was there, most of the life took place on the terrace, which is set in a very pretty garden with hummingbirds. The house is an old rustic, cozy finca. The manager is very helpful and might even organize a tour of his own. If you don’t want to cook, their dinner is awesome! Another plus: no bunk beds! Booking through this site was a bit weird though, as I could only book a whole room, but they fixed that up on my arrival. Thanks again!

Casa de Nelly,can't think there would be many people happy to have to leave this awesome hostel,more than likely extend their stay. One of the best hostels I have stayed at,warm and welcoming,comfortable with Loadsa of space in dorms,great garden and places to just relax in a beautiful part of San Agustin.Harri,Gustavo are awesome hosts with a whole heap of information on the area and Colombia as a whole,not to mention the delicious meals Gustavo manages to put together. GREAT place to stay

It was a great place,telt in love with the beauty of the garden and the peacefulness of the place !!!

Beautiful hostel and gardens, we really enjoyed our stay here and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The only comment for improvement would be to be more clear about breakfast and serving times- some days we went at 9am and were 'too late' and other days people were still being served at 10am which was confusing. Otherwise no complaints.

the place was great, lovely house and garden, the staff were nice and the food was very good. also very good value for money. i did not feel that security was an issue while i stayed, however i believe lockers should always be provided if it is not possible to lock the rooms.

Best and most beautiful hostel in Colombia without a doubt!!! Great location up hill with a good view. Friendly and helpfull staff. They have their own cook who makes perfect meals!

Very quiet place with very good food and nice rooms for fair prices. A little bit outside the village.

I can't possibly recommend this place until they fix their showers. I was warned that their hot water was hot but this doesn't help me when the cold water stops working mid-shower leaving me with scalding hot water burning my hand. I'm just thankful I wasn't rinsing my face off at the time. They also only emptied the garbage in the bathrooms once a day so they had a lot of dirty toilet paper in them. It's a 45 minute walk to the Archaeological park and the taxi they called cost 10,000 pesos

Beautiful place! Definitely recommended.

Beautiful setting and very friendly and helpful staff, but 30mins walking distance from the town and the archaeological park.

Lovely spot, beautiful garden and really great communal areas inside and outside. Staff are really helpful. It is a 15-20 minute walk to town which is pleasant. I took a bedroom with shared bathroom as that was all that was available and the room was nice, however, at COP50,000 it was a bit pricey not being en suite. Dorms of 3 people are COP 20,000 which are great VFM.

The hostel was excellent. It had a relaxed, peaceful atmosphere and Harry was extremely helpful. It also has two cats and two dogs. The best hostel I stayed at in Columbia.

• 22nd Dec 2014

Gorgeous, comfortable, pleasant and silent. Kind and helpful staff. I strongly recommend!

Lovely rooms and garden, hot showers, and kind touches- free coffee one morning and we were allowed to use the facilities after we had checked out and had a night bus to catch, including showers after a walk. Location not an issue if you plan on doing a tour and visiting the park- supermarket is only 20 mins walk away. Worst part of the hostel is the confusing meal arrangement- you can eat dinner and breakfast here but we were not told how. Make sure you ask when you arrive to avoid the awkward!

An amazing place! A beautiful house, great staff, excellent food, even 2 lovely dogs, what more can i say.... Just go to this place if you visit San Agustin (is also very beautiful).

Nice hostel, laidback vibe. Excellent views and a nice garden. Also, the cook serves delicious diner.