Hotel Casa Lea Reviews

Via Fr� Bartolomeo, 21, Florence, Italy

Casa Lea is a quirky little hotel filled with ephemera. The hotel is located some 15 minutes walk from the Duomo but my daughter and I were content with this as it meant we were away from the hustle and bustle of Florence. We hardly ever saw the staff and getting in on the first day (arriving at the time we said we would) and there was no answer until about the fifth time we rung the doorbell. This is probably an issue the hotel might wish to address! Overall enjoyed our stay there though.

• 26th Oct 2014

The hotel was nice and clean. Bathroom was very large and very clean. However, the shower was quite small, but once again very clean. The location was ok. It is about a mile from the duomo, which was not a problem for us since we don't mind to walk. There are not many restaurants nearby and most nights we walked back down to near the main part of town to eat. There is a grocery store about 2 blocks away, which is great if you need to pick up a few things. Many bus stops nearby.

I enjoyed my stay, thank you. Being able to obtain bottled water, tea and coffee inside the hotel would have made it more comfortable. Thanks

• 16th Sep 2014

There was no one there when I got there despite the fact that I had told them when I would be arriving. I stood outside ringing the buzzer for about 40 minutes until I realized that I was not going to be able to stay there and I had lost my deposit. I ended up staying in the hotel across the street, Soggiorno Michelangelo, where he staff was more than helpful and friendly. DO NOT BOOK HOTEL CASA LEA!!!

• 17th Aug 2014

Great homey hotel that's very very beautiful- It's like an elegantly put-together antique store. If you don't mind the 5-10minute bus ride to the historical part of town, this place is by far one of my favorite hotels- The best Italian steak house Perseus, suggested by the very friendly hotel owner, is also just around the corner. I would definitely recommend this budget hotel to anyone traveling to Firenze-

• 26th Jul 2014

We stayed in Casa Lea for 5 days and enjoyed the quirky interior and large room. Our room overlooked a quiet street with a balcony. Not right in the center but an easy 5-10 min walk and a supermarket around the corner. Would stay again!