Hotel Casa Lea Reviews

Via Fr� Bartolomeo, 21, Florence, Italy

Great homey hotel that's very very beautiful- It's like an elegantly put-together antique store. If you don't mind the 5-10minute bus ride to the historical part of town, this place is by far one of my favorite hotels- The best Italian steak house Perseus, suggested by the very friendly hotel owner, is also just around the corner. I would definitely recommend this budget hotel to anyone traveling to Firenze-

• 26th Jul 2014

We stayed in Casa Lea for 5 days and enjoyed the quirky interior and large room. Our room overlooked a quiet street with a balcony. Not right in the center but an easy 5-10 min walk and a supermarket around the corner. Would stay again!

Casa Lea was an adorable hotel. Although a little far away from the center of Florence, it was a great place to stay. It is charmingly decorated. The staff was very accommodating when we had to cut our stay short.

The hotel has a very unique decoration, quite charming. The building seemed a bit old, but the room was big and had a lovely balcony. It doesn't have air conditioning, only a fan. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Be aware that if you are gonna arrive after 8pm you need to send them and e-mail before. The only real problem for us was the fact that the hotel is located far away from the station (25 minutes walk), what may be a problem if you are arriving with luggage.

This location wasn't a far walk from everything if you don't mind walking. It is a very quiet location and the owner/operator was very friendly.

• 10th Jun 2014

Very nice staff and they were so helpful. Only a short distance to the city area with all the shops and sights. A very nice bed and breakfast feel. Only problem was with the wifi but beside that it was a great value for our money and we would stay again under the same circumstances

Perfect , very nice

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Mexico

I stayed in room 8 at the back, has a very friendly small balcony and is extremely quiet. For those who spend all day strolling, visiting galleries, really is a blessing to be able to rest. Can you go walking to the main attractions of the city. I was very well attended by Max. For example, my cell phone charger does not fit the outlet of the room and asked for an adapter. He, very polite, was the fourth person to show that there were two types of sockets. The oldest and the most modern, in my c

• 22nd May 2014

The main issue is arriving there past 8 pm when there no one available to open the door. Luckily we called Massimo and he was nearby and let us in. Otherwise we would have had to spend the night elsewhere. There seems to be some miscomunication between the reservation site and the hotel, my wife an I were expecting a for a couple and the hotel was told there would be two man arriving. Once we were settled in, the experience was very good.

• 7th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Our stay at Casa Lea was pleasant - the hotel is walking distance from the city centre (about 15-20 mins), with plenty of buses going to and from Firenze Santa Maria Novella train station. The staff were friendly and helpful and had good recommendations for restaurants to eat out. We had the wheelchair accessible room and the shower leaked quite badly onto the floor, and the toilet took a bit of a knack to flush, but it was nothing that concerned us too much.

I stayed in a one-bed room with ensuite bathroom. The room was average size, clean, and with a TV. Maid service came every day to tidy up the room. The bathroom was clean and adequate. The location is a little bit farther from downtown than some of the other places, but it's still walking distance and the neighborhood feels perfectly safe. I would definitely stay here again. The only negative is the lack of wi-fi.

We received a friendly warm welcome from Maximilliano, the proprietor. Casa Lea is a great place to relax after a hectic day in Florence. It is well located, and I highly recommend it.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Lovely place, full of history. I was scared by the mix reviews initially and almost cancelled my booking last minute but I'm happy i stuck to my plan. turned out the room was really clean and nice. massimo is also a great guy. would recommend for anyone going there.

Owner was charming and attentive , premises gorgeous warm and welcoming . Location useful to seeing the sights of a beautiful city . Very good value and welcoming family run restaurant just across the street from hotel.Nice food.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

The room was clean but the bathroom was very small and very bad quality. If we wanted we could take the showerdoors back home as a souvenir... The location is good to the main attractions. There is no wifi on the rooms.

Good location and nice staff!!

Sorry - I took your door key!

• 10th Sep 2013

Staff were rude. Must be overworked. Hotel has alot of knick knacks....perhaps to the point of being creepy

We moved from a hostel in Florence as here was cheaper, the man in charge is so lovely, let us print out boarding passes ans had no problem letting us pay a bit later. use his comp etc. we needed to stay an extra night and this was no problem. Really good location. Beds so comfy always made in the day for when you got back. Deff will stay here again if back in Florence!!! Fab place!

• 20th Jul 2013

Minus the problem of reserving the wrong type of rooms for my group, it wasn't bad. Nice staff, clean rooms, good location.

« first « Prev 1 2 3