Hotel Casa Linger Reviews

Fondamtenta S.Antonin castello 3541, Venice, Italy

needs some upgrades and repairs. a little more cleaning, they give me a private when a booked a dorm (nice), you are paying for a good location.

The hostel smelt like damp. There were dirty plasters under the bed indicating it hadn't been cleaned. The bathroom was a wet room with broken power sockets and so there was a huge danger to be had. The shower head was broken so you had to hold it over your body. In the morning when we woke up we had to wade through water as there was a puddle outside our door. It was the most expensive hostel we used and the worst. Steer clear!

• 9th Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Bear in mind that you are paying for the location, nothing rather than that - just 5 minutes away from Piazza di San Marco. The conditions of the hotel are very poor, it's an old house in need of improvements. My room worked somehow as a barrier for the Wifi (it would stop working the exact moment I'd got in it), the humidity was beyond bearable for someone with asthma, the cleanliness was also poor. I recommend it only for travellers who just need a cheap place to sleep.

When I arrived the hostel manager allocated me to a dark basement room with no windows. It smelled damp and mouldy. I asked if I could be transfered to a room with natural light, and I was placed in a room which was better. Make sure to ask for a better room if you're placed in the basement. There are no lockers at this hostel.

• 7th Sep 2014

Only one power point is not enough for 5 people in the room, but everythibg is fine. Relaxing here :) the location is good, easy for me to get there

Very overpriced. The shower in my room was basically over the toilet. You could literally shower sitting down on the toilet. Very overpriced for the tiny room you share.

wonderful Hotel :) Staff is very very good !

• 25th Aug 2014

i was at hotel casalinger was a fantastic stay it was very clean and staff was very gentile and the position near at san mark square i ricomendid for all

• 17th Aug 2014

If you plan a weekend trip to Venice and you just need a safe place to sleep, this place is perfect. It's really easy to find and close to the main attractions. And the staff is friendly and helpful.

Location is very good which is near the san.marco. And the receptionist is also kind. But That's all. All of the environment is good for bed bugs. The faciility is very not good.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Location was brilliant being so near to all the main attractions in Venice however this is the only good thing about the place. Damp, creepy and I left covered in bed bug bites.

We booked a four bed dorm 5 months in advance of our stay, we confirmed our booking two weeks before our stay however on arrival we were informed they were fully booked and we had to stay in two twin rooms one with only a sink and one with a toilet and a shower but no sink.

The place is perfect and easy to find. I would really love to stay again in it if I came back to Venice.

Had a room with a beautiful view, four beds mixed. Not too crowded. There are no lockers, and no common area, which was sort of too bad, but the location was fab, just five min walk from st marks. Would def go back.

The place was a bit dark and creepy. There's no common room or anything, and it's quite outdated. Essentially, a place to sleep in a very convenient location with friendly staff.

I love my staying at Hotel Casa Linger. And the security is good but it would be better if everyone can get their own locker.

The location was great. The staff was very accommodating. About a ten minute walk to St. Marks. We were on the bottom floor. The room had a damp feeling, but that may be Venice in general. I would definitely recommend staying here for a night or two.

• 21st Jun 2014

Great little hotel in the heart of Venice, great location, really clean. Got given a private room even through we had paid for a shared one so that's great.

Good location from main attractions. It's like a 10 minute walk to San Marcos square. The hostel itself is small. Not much to it. The guy wasn't very helpful when we asked him about attractions.

There were a number of disappointing issues with this hostel, the worst of which was one of the staff. When the male receptionist tells you to pay all in cash, DO NOT BELIEVE HIM. We did not, and the credit card machine that he said would take two weeks to fix mysteriously fixed itself the night before our departure. Convincing...I think not! Furthermore, the receptionist would ask us if we had the money each time he encountered us leaving our room. We also found bugs in our bed.

We are sorry for what happened but the credit card machine was fixed the day before your departure, so where is the problem??? when there are so many transactions often freezes!!Please thanks that we were able to fix it! Sorry but we don't have a bugs, if you found something maybe were on your luggage!!!!! Think about this Best Reagards