Hotel Casa Linger Reviews

Fondamtenta S.Antonin castello 3541, Venice, Italy

It was like a sauna, they had no ac and the one fan they had did nothing. The carpet doesn't get vacuumed because if you sit on the floor you have to wipe your legs off from all that gets stuck to you.

It was incredibly hot in the room, the fan on the ceiling did not help at all. It is really expensive for what you get. The location is the only good thing. But the map i got at the reception did not show the part of city where the hostel was located, so it was a bit hard to find back after going sightseeing.

AC is a must for this place in the summer. It's unbearable to sleep. I think the hostel needs a re-do on the decor or arrangements of the place.

I found Hotel Casa Linger to be an average place to lay your head to rest and nothing else. The bathroom was dirty and I was scared to touch the sides. It was so hot at night and all they provided was a little ceiling fan which just pushed hot air around. I know it was Venice in July but a couple more fans wouldn't hurt. The location was the best feature of Hotel Casa Linger. It was a five minute walk from the Grand Canal and a ten minute walk from San Marco.

Was very good, had avoid stay but - would have been nice to have sem organised activities or staff around to give more advice. Lack of a washing machine and kitchen (to as a negative.

• 8th Jul 2015

It wasn't the best hostel, but I think that because it was so hot that I didn't enjoy the hostel because the fan only pushed around the hot air. Location was great, only 10 min walk to St. Mark's Square. The girls in my dorm are what made my stay fantastic.

Centrally located. Staff was always helpful, but only one staff member was actually friendly to me. Room was spacious and clean, but very very hot with no fans or AC. Less of a hostel feel, with little common area space. Rather, more of a hotel vibe with dorm rooms.

The location is amazing! You are definitely paying for the location which is right near all the main attractions in Venice. It is important to note the amount of stairs an their steepness, I have asthma so it was a shock to have to carry a 20kg bag up such steep steps. They are quite small and can be dangerous when carrying a bag or in a hurry. Also there is no common area or kitchen, so that was a downside to the hostel experience, although I did meet some lovely people in my room.

• 24th Jun 2015

Lovely quiet family, our hosts. Excellent location near Grand Canal and Piazza San Marco.

Todo barbaro

Don't come to this hostel expecting much. I stayed in the 5 bed dorm, which was in a separate, creepy looking appartment across the road from the main hotel. The room was small and cramped, the roof leaked and was mouldy, the floor was disgusting (there was even a thumbtack lying around waiting to be stood on) and the staff were also not particularly helfpful or friendly. BUT it is in an exceptional location, so if you're willing to put up with it, you'll be in a great spot.

Stayed here with my daughter for three nights.Can't beat the location, less than 10 minutes walk to St Mark's square. Have seen other reviews criticising the staff I found them lovely, really helpful and went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. including upgrading our room to one with a balcony when other guests left. The Wi-Fi was excellent. No kitchen but the café just across the way is brilliant. Would definitely stay here again when in Venice. Thought it was great.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

We loved staying here. I've stayed here before, and the atmosphere is very Venetian, without paying too much. I wanted to come back here, and I probably will the next time as well!

This is a nice and clean hotel. This is private owned so the owner is so friendly and helpful .if I will come back to visit Venice I will book this hotel again ..

Please do consider providing lockers - maybe remove the wardrobe since no one really uses them? :) I would also recommend replacing the rusted hooks in the bathroom shower area!! It would make the bathroom feel so much cleaner! Otherwise everything is great! :)

With the directions I found this pretty easy. The staff are plesent though the room wasnt just as clean as previous hostels in Italy. The roof fan kept us cool at night and I liked the security code lock outside. Loved my time in Venice, would consider stsying again as it is a great price for Venice.

Very expensive for what it is, but it's Venice! Very basic room and bathroom. No lockers or area to put belongings and the wifi didn't really exist in the room. Extremely and unbearably hot. Overall though, great location and nice little balcony, convenient and basic.

Pros: Close to St.Marco, Cheap café, supermarket, tabacceria, pizzaplace as "neighbours". Cons: Dirty in some places (hairs in the blankets, on the bathroom floor), broken shower (spraying everywhere but not on target..), no common room Neutral: wifi hardly works in the room (but still in the café outside!), breakfast was just a coffee

Could have had more toilets/showers as only one but a great hostel. Booked last min and got upgraded to a private room. Very central, lots going on around it, brilliant!

The hotel itself was nice and the staff were great! It was good value for money, especially as Venice is pricey! The bed was comfortable !! :)

• 20th Apr 2015