Hotel Casa Linger Reviews

Fondamtenta S.Antonin castello 3541, Venice, Italy

AMAZING LOCATION!!

The host is very very nice. Strongly recommend this hostel!

• 19th Dec 2014
  • China

The heating system doesn't work, and the door of toilet cannot be closed, no WiFi and telephone signal on ground floor, strange odor of bed. But the location is excellent, staff is friendly

Perfect location! Only a few minutes from San Marco Square and if you tend to get lost (as most people probably will in venice) it's easy to get back by following signs for San Marco. I know people complained about the musty smell, but in the dorms on the top floor it wasn't an issue at all. The only downside is there's not much ambience or anywhere to hang out, but the hostel is perfectly located and very clean!

Decent enough hotel in a good location. Easy walk to St Mark's Square. Rooms were clean and relatively spacious. However staff were rarely present and when they were they weren't overly helpful. Not a very social atmosphere compared to other hostels I stayed at in Italy. As far as I could tell there was no kitchen or common area. But good enough for a few nights.

Very friendly staff, amazing location. The hotel is very basic, and does not pretend otherwise. This was my second time staying there for the Biennale, and I will definitely be staying there again.

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Iceland

Perfect for trabelers who want to stay a few days in Venice. Excelent hostel!

• 2nd Nov 2014

needs some upgrades and repairs. a little more cleaning, they give me a private when a booked a dorm (nice), you are paying for a good location.

The hostel smelt like damp. There were dirty plasters under the bed indicating it hadn't been cleaned. The bathroom was a wet room with broken power sockets and so there was a huge danger to be had. The shower head was broken so you had to hold it over your body. In the morning when we woke up we had to wade through water as there was a puddle outside our door. It was the most expensive hostel we used and the worst. Steer clear!

• 9th Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Bear in mind that you are paying for the location, nothing rather than that - just 5 minutes away from Piazza di San Marco. The conditions of the hotel are very poor, it's an old house in need of improvements. My room worked somehow as a barrier for the Wifi (it would stop working the exact moment I'd got in it), the humidity was beyond bearable for someone with asthma, the cleanliness was also poor. I recommend it only for travellers who just need a cheap place to sleep.

When I arrived the hostel manager allocated me to a dark basement room with no windows. It smelled damp and mouldy. I asked if I could be transfered to a room with natural light, and I was placed in a room which was better. Make sure to ask for a better room if you're placed in the basement. There are no lockers at this hostel.

• 7th Sep 2014

Only one power point is not enough for 5 people in the room, but everythibg is fine. Relaxing here :) the location is good, easy for me to get there