Hotel Casa Linger Reviews

Fondamtenta S.Antonin castello 3541, Venice, Italy

The hotel itself was nice and the staff were great! It was good value for money, especially as Venice is pricey! The bed was comfortable !! :)

• 20th Apr 2015

This was a very strange hostel. Our room was across the street on the second floor while nothing was on the first floor. There were no lockers and the room was pretty tiny for how many beds there were. You would notice if your stuff was moved. You could hear everything outside and when you shut the bedroom door the entire building shook. It was located pretty centrally to San Marco square and to the water buses, so that was very convenient. Cheapest hostel in central we could find,not best.

Worse and dirtiest place I've ever stayed at. This place almost ruin my whole experience in Venice. I've never care about being at a 5-star place, but this place makes living on the street feel clean. I could not wait to leave the place and was very tempted to leave this place and Venice early so that I can have a clean place to sleep for the night. The room was dreadful, and the the restroom/shower gives a garbage dump a run for its money when it comes to cleanliness.

Casa Linger's major draw is its location, as it is very close to the main square and easily accessible by major water taxi routes. Another important note is its very steep staircase, not fit for the elderly, disabled, or unfit. Other than that, it was unremarkable. Our 2-person private room was cramped and somewhat dingy, but had its own sink and mirror (the shared bathroom was on another floor entirely) The staff was courteous and helpful when asked, but at times hard to locate.

Pros: near Piazza San Marco, great water pressure-- hot water takes a few minutes, but works very well after that. Cons: wifi does not work, there are no common areas/rooms, walls are paper thin (I could hear the guy in the next room clear his throat), the toilet is literally in the shower. Literally. The staff is a young couple that are distant and cold, there were other women's hair on the blanket, and it was very cold. I met people staying at A Venice Fish hostel and would stay there.

Stuff was really unhelpful, it was like they didn't speak any English. Room was tiny, impossible to place your luggage or moving around. Towels were hand towel size, next day they left them wet without changing them.

It's a very nice hotel, include everything we need and the room is beautiful.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • China

The location is wonderful, so close to San Marco's square and very easily accessible by the water boats. The room itself had a moldy smell and I felt like I was in a muggy basement during my stay. Hostel did the job, but could of had better air quality!

Internet did not work in my room. I had to go upstairs in a smallpffice to use it. I also did not have hot water. Security was good. You had a code to get in the front door and a key to get inside. You get what you pay for I guess.

AMAZING LOCATION!!

The host is very very nice. Strongly recommend this hostel!

• 19th Dec 2014