Hotel Casa Linger Reviews

Fondamtenta S.Antonin castello 3541, Venice, Italy

Great location, cheapest nice place we could find!

• 26th Oct 2015

If you have sensitive skin, this isn't the best choice (obviously). I'm sensitive to dust mites so I had to strip the bed and use my sleeping bag. The smell of the hallway on the first floor was reminiscent of dead people clothes in an unkempt second hand shop, the lighting is a bit depressing (or was in my room) and the bathroom wasn't sanitary enough for me to use the shower. As in, I think I stayed cleaner by not taking a shower. But the location? 4.5 stars.

Owner charges things that are not standard from a hostel. It deffinetly is amazing location but don't expect a hostel environment. Its a cheap hotel with shared rooms.

• 20th Oct 2015

You're really paying for a bed in the heart of Venice (nothing included but Wi-Fi, no locker or safe). Great location though ~5 min from the main square. Not much of a hostel feel, more like a hotel you share a room in. Hope you have a cool roommate or two. If you're in the bed by the window - CLOSE IT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - the mosquitoes will eat you alive.

Very basic rooms, but the beds are comfortable and there is hot water for a shower. The location is very good, right in the heart of venice and was one of the cheaper places to stay.

• 29th Sep 2015

Our room was pretty nice and the beds were comfy, the bathroom could've done with a clean and it seemed as if the floors hadn't been vacuumed in a while. But for a cheap place in Venice it was alright.

great service, booked for a shared 5-people ensuite room but was offered a couple with shared bathroom and subsequently a private double room after we complained. very helpful and friendly. however, they mistakenly throw away my friend's shoes when cleaning the room. we left early so was unable to ask abt that.

This is a great little hotel. We booked it as an emergency one night place to stay due to an issue with the trains leaving Venice. Our room with a double bed had a sink and a wardrobe in it- there wasnt space for anything else. The rooms were very clean, but the shared bathroom down the hall contained one toilet and one shower. User beware. Other than the stairs and the lack of elevator, this was a very charming place in the center of Venice.

The hostel is very well located and I was able to get around Venice really easily, but the room I stayed in was below average. Ventilation was poor as it had no windows and it was very humid. Luggage storage is missing, I had to leave my bags in the corridor (so i didnt have to carry them around in Venice) prior to my return journey. This was unsafe in many ways but I didn't really have an option. The hostel is just for sleeping in.

I was perfectly happy with my stay. Pablo was really friendly and I was surprised that after I had arrived much early than expected he made a temporary bed for me there and then until my room was ready. Him and the other staff were very friendly and gave me very useful recommendations without me even having asked. You are basically paying for the perfect location here as there is no kitchen, air conditioning or real social area but as long as you realise that you'll have no problems here.

Excellent location and wifi. it was not so clean and everything in the room were old. They upgraded me to a single room, I don't know why but it was nice. No lockers or kitchen.

It was like a sauna, they had no ac and the one fan they had did nothing. The carpet doesn't get vacuumed because if you sit on the floor you have to wipe your legs off from all that gets stuck to you.

It was incredibly hot in the room, the fan on the ceiling did not help at all. It is really expensive for what you get. The location is the only good thing. But the map i got at the reception did not show the part of city where the hostel was located, so it was a bit hard to find back after going sightseeing.

The hostel was average, decent location; easily accessible from water taxi drop off. Wifi in the rooms was good. Unfortunately I stayed at a very hot time of year and there was no AC so it was difficult to deal with the heat, other than that everything was good.

AC is a must for this place in the summer. It's unbearable to sleep. I think the hostel needs a re-do on the decor or arrangements of the place.

I found Hotel Casa Linger to be an average place to lay your head to rest and nothing else. The bathroom was dirty and I was scared to touch the sides. It was so hot at night and all they provided was a little ceiling fan which just pushed hot air around. I know it was Venice in July but a couple more fans wouldn't hurt. The location was the best feature of Hotel Casa Linger. It was a five minute walk from the Grand Canal and a ten minute walk from San Marco.

Was very good, had avoid stay but - would have been nice to have sem organised activities or staff around to give more advice. Lack of a washing machine and kitchen (to as a negative.

• 8th Jul 2015

It's in a pretty good location. I thought it was slightly on the expensive side. There was no common room or kitchen, so not the best for meeting people. Fortunately, I had friendly people in my room. I also liked that they had a few beds that were not bunk beds. They did not have lockers. It was pretty clean.

It wasn't the best hostel, but I think that because it was so hot that I didn't enjoy the hostel because the fan only pushed around the hot air. Location was great, only 10 min walk to St. Mark's Square. The girls in my dorm are what made my stay fantastic.

first of all, ne lockers in rooms which is really awkward for me. It is the first time thst I have seen sth like this. Apart from that, the rooms were OK in terms of hygiene and it was well located.