Hotel Central Reviews

20,Place ahmad el bidaoui, ancienne medina, Casablanca, Morocco

Made a quick stopover in Casablanca and stayed here for an evening. Facilities were clean, hostel was easy to get to and to find on the map, and staff were friendly and helpful.

The man at reception had a great sense of humour and livened up an otherwise mediocre hotel. Location was great, near the Hassan II mosque, Ricks cafe and the train station.

I stayed for one night, and went to pay the next morning, for starts I had to wait about 45-60 minutes to be able to use the card machine as the paper roll had run out. Then the very same guy that checked me in the night earlier claimed I had stayed for 4 nights and tried to charge me 600dh (about 60 euro), when I pointed it out he changed it to to nights and charged me 300dh. As I already paid the deposit, the actual amount owed was about 100dh. Its common but I expected a hotel to be honest.

• 3rd Jun 2015

I just needed somewhere to stay for the night before getting the train to Marrakesh, so this place did the job just fine. The hotel is about 5-10 minutes taxi from the train station, on the edge of a quaint little square. The room was clean, smallish, nicely decorated, hot shower. Breakfast was decent, although the the man at the front desk was a bit grumpy checking me in/out. I would stay here again, but only for somewhere to sleep for a night, there's not a whole bunch of atmosphere.

Some of the staff memebers were friendly and some really rude.

Old building so while rooms are cleaned well, they don't seem clean at first glance. we had no problems though. Location is convenient next to the last train station but tourist attractions are far. There is an official post office to exchange cash right next to the hotel, best rate I saw in Morocco (1 night Casablanca, 4 nights Marrakech). Wifi worked well. Breakfast is definitely worth it for how cheap it is.

I liked this place. The building itself seemed to have a lot of character. The location was convenient and my room was nicer than I expected.

My friend and I had a wonderful time at Hotel Central. It was our first stop in Morocco and were welcomed by a very friendly and helpful staff. Thank you!

Location is the best advantage to stay here, close to Hassan 2 mosque and local market, I only stayed there for one night, everything was fine, oh, they serve nice breakfast

We had a nice time at Hotel Central. It was in a good location and we had no trouble finding our way from the hotel through the old medina and back again. Probably best for a one to two night stay.

Location was good, close to the train station and the old market. Compared to cheap crappy hostels it's alright, but as a hotel goes it was really awful. Towels were dirty, the room didn't have air conditioning nor heating so if the temperature isn't perfect you will either sweat or freeze. Breakfast was okay but nothing fancy. Walls were paper thin. The view from the roof terrace was spectacular, except for the buildings nearby which were covered with trash. Not worth the money! Go elsewhere.

Located in the heart of medina overlooking the ocean, the hotel looks better from outside than inside the room. Breakfast was rather plane, WiFi wasn't working and staff were polite only occasionally, so we were glad to only have one night to spend there.

Totaly overpriced. Does not even look like a hotel.-looked to me more like a cheap hotel for workers. One of my three worst ever

Not worth 400 dirham. At all.

No heating system, one day no hot water.

The place was clean and secure, no complaints. This is a good "one night only" hostel. If you've just arrived in the country or if you're about to fly out the next day, this is a good place to stay. On the other hand, Casablanca is a commercial city, so get out! Go and see the many other wonderful places in Morocco. Casablanca should be at the bottom of your list.

• 3rd Jan 2015