Hotel Central Reviews

20,Place ahmad el bidaoui, ancienne medina, Casablanca, Morocco

We walked into this hotel that we booked off hostelworld expecting nothing special, as soon as we checked into the room we pulled up the sheets and instantly found a few dead bed bugs as well as live ones. We informed the hotel and he simply switched us rooms. We later saw the door open to the room and the bed had simply been remade. I'm sure he was just going to resell the room. Wifi was also not working, which really made planning our next move hard. Bed sheets in our new room were dirty.

The room was very basic but did have a TV which hostels don't usually have, noise from the street during the night was pain. Costs more than Riads in other Moroccan cities and you get less, room very bland, breakfast poor, bathroom was also the shower...yes you read correctly, the whole bathroom is a shower so hide the toilet paper! Location, near city centre and Hassan II mosque however just off main streets and there were locals fighting out side in the street when we departed...

The toilet were defenitvly not cleaned and for the standard the priceless were compare too other hotels in Casablanca too expensiv

I thought this place was great. Staff were really friendly, and helpful. I was happy with breakfast. I liked the location in the medina, it seems to be a safe part of town. And the location is perfect because it's a pleasure to wander through the medina. It's two trains from the airport. then a 5 minute walk from Casa Port station.

Nice hotel, great location in the old medina and close to the Hassan II Mosque. Nice roof-terrace with a view of the harbour. It was quite expensive compared to the other hotels/hostels I stayed in during my time in Morocco.

Wi fi doesn't work. The room are small and no so clean. Dust everywhere. To much expensive

Nice hotel on a square with some nice eating points. Good location. And the best of all is the big roof terrace with the magnificant few.

Generally the hotel and staff are fine. But when we arrived at 3 a.m in the morning we were told, all rooms were sold out even though we had an email confirmation from the hotel that the 2 rooms we booked would be kept for us. We were guided to a nearby hostel where we had to stay in a filthy 3 bed room with used bedsheets. When we returned to the hotel for breakfast and check in for the second night, the hotel staff realized that we were "the Germans" for whom they had kept 2 rooms....

It is in the medina so it is much more safe than in the town!

Wonderful place! Friendly staff and cozy escape from the busy city. Definitely recommend to others!

My sister and I stayed in Hotel Central for a couple of days while visiting Casablanca and it was a great experience! My personal favorite part about our stay was the staff. They were incredibly kind and helpful and made us feel right at home in Morocco! We miss them very much.

Good location. A simple place which is really all you need. If you're in Casablanca for a few nights, you might want a fancier place though.

The staff are so relaxed and super nice; we really felt at home! They even let us keep our bags there after checkout since our flight didn't leave until late that evening. I never write reviews but we really thought they deserved one! It is a bit of a walk from some attractions, but taxis are cheap, or if you are capable of walking a few miles, it really isn't bad at all.

• 4th Jul 2014

Hostel is located near to all main points of attraction, the staff were really helpful and the hostel offers much more than you expect for the price you are paying.

The hotel was clean and comfortable. However, it had incredibly bad internet and was fairly expensive... definitely more for the older crowd.

We used this hotel only as a stopover between two city and that was fine. The location is good to explore the medina as well as the mosque. I would assess this hotel as an average one, therefore it was too expensive for Moroccan conditions in my opinion.

The hotel has a super central location, close to a nice little square and its within walking distance of the Hassan II mosque. Friendly stuff and nice breakfast, really nothing to complain about.

The room I got,211, need is in the corner of the hotel, and view of the town square. the bathroom was in average shape, no shower partition, when you shower all gets wet...a very bad thing. The room was in clean but the sheets were not change and it was blood in the pillow case; management took care of it immediately.

• 30th May 2014

The staff not helpful.... n the facility not good...

• 23rd May 2014
  • Hong Kong

We liked the location-- on a lively square with a nice restaurant there. Though we didn't use it, the trolley to the airport is on the street in front. We would now, though. Breakfast was good, and we had a hot shower.

• 14th May 2014