Hotel Central Reviews

20,Place ahmad el bidaoui, ancienne medina, Casablanca, Morocco

Fantastic! A place of rich history and stunning views

the at the reception is always watching soccer or out side at the door chatting with locals he is helpful but he seems like the guy not to be bothered i spent one night and i day and was always the same guy no wonder he don t like to be bothered

The hotel was dirty and old. Room was big, with tv and a little balcon but bathroom was dirty and stinked

The dude at the reception was really friendly and easy to talk to, answered all our questions quickly. The room was fine, nothing special but the beds were clean and it was cool looking down to the square from the balcony. Our cupboard didn't lock so there wasn't an extra secure location for our gear but we could lock the room so it was all good. Overall a good basic place to sleep while exploring Casablanca.

We arrived in the middle of the night to find the receptionist not standing post at his desk, although he did give us a bigger room and only charged us for the one we requested. The Wifi didn't work very well from up in our room, the bathroom didn't have soap, and the shower got water everywhere. On the other hand, the 30 dirham breakfast was worth the value and this hotel is close to major sites like Hassan II Mosque and Casa Port train station. Overall would definitely consider returning!

We signed up for a room with 3 beds, for 4 adults. We emailed to be sure that was ok, and the response was yes. When we arrived, there were homeless people outside drinking and cat calling the girls we were with. 2 people got into a fight right there. The owner when we went in, would not allow us to have 4 people in the room. We showed him the reservation and he said he didn't care. He tried to charge us double. We were left outside at 1 AM with all our luggage, and nowhere to go.

• 11th Aug 2015

Checked in late and guy at the front desk gave us an attitude. No AC. didn't shower here because we were grossed out. Sheets were not clean. Slept on top of the blankets and checked out as soon as we could in the morning. Mohammad was nice, breakfast was decent.

Good place to stay. Me and my gf stayed there for one night and it was nice. Room was clean and the location was good.

Warm shower, decent bedroom, fine price!

Made a quick stopover in Casablanca and stayed here for an evening. Facilities were clean, hostel was easy to get to and to find on the map, and staff were friendly and helpful.

The man at reception had a great sense of humour and livened up an otherwise mediocre hotel. Location was great, near the Hassan II mosque, Ricks cafe and the train station.

I stayed for one night, and went to pay the next morning, for starts I had to wait about 45-60 minutes to be able to use the card machine as the paper roll had run out. Then the very same guy that checked me in the night earlier claimed I had stayed for 4 nights and tried to charge me 600dh (about 60 euro), when I pointed it out he changed it to to nights and charged me 300dh. As I already paid the deposit, the actual amount owed was about 100dh. Its common but I expected a hotel to be honest.

• 3rd Jun 2015

I just needed somewhere to stay for the night before getting the train to Marrakesh, so this place did the job just fine. The hotel is about 5-10 minutes taxi from the train station, on the edge of a quaint little square. The room was clean, smallish, nicely decorated, hot shower. Breakfast was decent, although the the man at the front desk was a bit grumpy checking me in/out. I would stay here again, but only for somewhere to sleep for a night, there's not a whole bunch of atmosphere.

Some of the staff memebers were friendly and some really rude.

Old building so while rooms are cleaned well, they don't seem clean at first glance. we had no problems though. Location is convenient next to the last train station but tourist attractions are far. There is an official post office to exchange cash right next to the hotel, best rate I saw in Morocco (1 night Casablanca, 4 nights Marrakech). Wifi worked well. Breakfast is definitely worth it for how cheap it is.

I liked this place. The building itself seemed to have a lot of character. The location was convenient and my room was nicer than I expected.

My friend and I had a wonderful time at Hotel Central. It was our first stop in Morocco and were welcomed by a very friendly and helpful staff. Thank you!