Hotel Central Reviews

20,Place ahmad el bidaoui, ancienne medina, Casablanca, Morocco

The staff are so relaxed and super nice; we really felt at home! They even let us keep our bags there after checkout since our flight didn't leave until late that evening. I never write reviews but we really thought they deserved one! It is a bit of a walk from some attractions, but taxis are cheap, or if you are capable of walking a few miles, it really isn't bad at all.

• 4th Jul 2014

Hostel is located near to all main points of attraction, the staff were really helpful and the hostel offers much more than you expect for the price you are paying.

The hotel was clean and comfortable. However, it had incredibly bad internet and was fairly expensive... definitely more for the older crowd.

We used this hotel only as a stopover between two city and that was fine. The location is good to explore the medina as well as the mosque. I would assess this hotel as an average one, therefore it was too expensive for Moroccan conditions in my opinion.

The hotel has a super central location, close to a nice little square and its within walking distance of the Hassan II mosque. Friendly stuff and nice breakfast, really nothing to complain about.

The room I got,211, need is in the corner of the hotel, and view of the town square. the bathroom was in average shape, no shower partition, when you shower all gets wet...a very bad thing. The room was in clean but the sheets were not change and it was blood in the pillow case; management took care of it immediately.

• 30th May 2014

The staff not helpful.... n the facility not good...

• 23rd May 2014
  • Hong Kong

We liked the location-- on a lively square with a nice restaurant there. Though we didn't use it, the trolley to the airport is on the street in front. We would now, though. Breakfast was good, and we had a hot shower.

• 14th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Wifi was difficult; 4 stories and no elevator. Location is good, inside the small casablanca medina

• 14th May 2014

On bright days, Hotel Central will be your place to stay: sit on the roof top to watch the ships leave the habour or stroll in the souq (bazar) just outside the antique entrance. Study your googlemapson free wifi as you breakfast in the lobby. If you need Abdel Malik will be happpy to assist you with anything. Thank you! On a damp day, with moisture and sand flying you may wish you were in another town as the foghorn keeps tooting through the night. Get there easily: AirportExpress+streetcar

• 13th May 2014

I thought Hotel Central was well maintained, very centrally located with a Post Office close by that gave best exchange rates. The staff members are very freindly, enthusiastic and helpful. I went back to the hotel for the last day of my trip again to enjoy some rest and cleansing before starting back for India.

staff is sweet and friendly.

STAY AWAY! BED BUGS. I was waking up in the middle of the night and found my sheets scattered with blood from all the bed bugs I smashed while sleeping. Then we changed the room. The window of the bathroom was broke and standing on the bathroom floor, leaving the window completely open. The showers do not have a curtain or partition and do flood the whole bathroom. My advice: use the youth hostel 50m away on the same square or skip Casablanca completely if at all possible.

Nice bed/room / location/ cleanliness. Not sure what was up but when we went to check in the man said he didn't have internet so couldn't retrieve our online booking, but in the end he had my name on the list and gave us our room. Light breakfast in the morning is a plus.

one a nice building, has definitely seen better days... location is great, for strolls through a "real" medina, near the trainstation, the mosce etc... but its def. not a lovely place, you wanna stay for days.. more like a youthhostel..

Our plane landed at 11:30pm, so we arrive at 1am at the hotel. The receptionist was completely drunk, and told us the hotel was full, even with our reservation. After a 3minutes negociation, it was ok, he had a room for us. we stayes there 2night, and it was a nice hotel anyway, a good position in the medina, and a simple room.

Room that was provided did not seem like it was thoroughly cleaned. Towels were hung up vs folded giving the impression it was already used. We only had 1 night there and wanted something cheap so this definitely did the job.

This place was OK...not much else

Staff was cold, mostly unhelpful. Wi-fi didn't work; when I asked if it may work the next day the staffer laughed, as though he couldn't know and couldn't care less. Roof is pretty cool. Decently located in the old Medina.

At around 3 am we arrived at this hotel, after a long day of traveling. The doors were closed, nobody answering the doorbell or phone. So basically we got stuck in Casablanca in the middle of the night in what seemed like a really shabby district... With huge backpacks we had to wander the streets of Casablanca trying to find a Hotel that actually had a 24h reception as advertised (which this Hotel clearly did not have!). In all my travels this must be my most terrifying experience.

• 13th Apr 2014