Hotel Chinatown 2 Reviews

No.70-72,Jalan Petaling, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

absolutely no security in dorms. If I didn't have a lock for my bag I would not have been able to sleep for fear of stuff being taken. no doors just curtains and just the entrance door which is always unlocked. none of the reception would have known who is staying in thr dorms and so anyone could just walk in when ever.

4 bed dorm is NOT 4 bed dorm but about a 12 bed dorm with curtains. There are no keys needed to enter the dorm, so anyone may enter the dorm and take whatever can be found there. Nothing of my stuff was stolen, however, since everything is open, it would not have surprised me. In addition, since there is no door from the dorm to the lobby it is never really quiet during the night.

Hotel Room was definitely too Cold, it was not possible to switch off the air con. Staff did not have a lot of answers to any of our questions (which were quite normal/Touristy).

I'll focus on the positives I wanted a cheap room and I wanted privacy. I put the do not disturb sign in the door, and I was left alone for the majority of my stay, although it did get loud like they were pushing me to get out of the room. I kept my valuables on my person when I went out because all the security boxes downstairs were taken and they looked to be not that secure anyway. All in all I got what I was after, but I must say the TV there was all foreign, except maybe 2 channels

• 13th Sep 2015

Very good hotel! Great location, extremely clean and organized. The bed is very comfortable and the water is cheaper than the 7-Eleven. But two things need to be said: There is no way to control the air conditioning, It was TOO cold and I shut the air passages with a towel because the staff said that is impossible to regulate. Another point is the plug adapters, they do not have enough for everyone. Apart from that and the fact that people can smoke in the living room the hotel is good.

Booked a 4 bed female only dorm. Stayed on a room with 10 petitioned off pairs of bunk beds, both men and women. No doors, just curtains. Only one toilet for 20 people. Not a single door between room and reception, so could hear everything that happened in reception and in other cmom areas.

• 9th Aug 2015