Hotel Chinatown 2 Reviews

No.70-72,Jalan Petaling, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I'll focus on the positives I wanted a cheap room and I wanted privacy. I put the do not disturb sign in the door, and I was left alone for the majority of my stay, although it did get loud like they were pushing me to get out of the room. I kept my valuables on my person when I went out because all the security boxes downstairs were taken and they looked to be not that secure anyway. All in all I got what I was after, but I must say the TV there was all foreign, except maybe 2 channels

• 13th Sep 2015

Very good hotel! Great location, extremely clean and organized. The bed is very comfortable and the water is cheaper than the 7-Eleven. But two things need to be said: There is no way to control the air conditioning, It was TOO cold and I shut the air passages with a towel because the staff said that is impossible to regulate. Another point is the plug adapters, they do not have enough for everyone. Apart from that and the fact that people can smoke in the living room the hotel is good.

Booked a 4 bed female only dorm. Stayed on a room with 10 petitioned off pairs of bunk beds, both men and women. No doors, just curtains. Only one toilet for 20 people. Not a single door between room and reception, so could hear everything that happened in reception and in other cmom areas.

• 9th Aug 2015

Stayed here with my bf (we are 23/25) and my 70 year old grandma and we all had an amazing time. We ended up extending our stay and then came back for a night after leaving to ipoh for a few days. It is clean and located right in the middle of jalan petaling (chinatown). You cant beat this price. It was 7 bucks a night and we all had good rest. This is definitely a mix between hotel and hostel but there isnt really much chance to meet new ppl. So dont stay here if your looking for that.

A great hostel, great location, very good value for money. My only request would be for the aircon to be used more effectively (it was just a tad too warm) and for the toilet paper in the bathroom to be replaced more often. Other than that, it was great!!

• 16th Jul 2015

It was stuffy inside. Even worse, there was the smell of cigarettes, which pervaded the room every night when I was there. One night, I even saw a man, apparently a staff, smoking beside the reception, but no staff stopped him. I tried to find any fire-fighting apparatus on the floor where I slept, but found none! It was ridiculous! I was so worried because the hostel is situated along a busy and crowded road, which is full of stalls at night, so if a fire breaks out, we have nowhere to escape!!

Hotel Chinatown 2 is near all the facilities. Free bus , monorail and excellent vegetarian dishes as well as good non- halal food . Staff are ever so helpful to first time visitors to Malaysia .