Hotel Chinatown 2 Reviews

No.70-72,Jalan Petaling, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Booked a 4 bed female only dorm. Stayed on a room with 10 petitioned off pairs of bunk beds, both men and women. No doors, just curtains. Only one toilet for 20 people. Not a single door between room and reception, so could hear everything that happened in reception and in other cmom areas.

• 9th Aug 2015

Stayed here with my bf (we are 23/25) and my 70 year old grandma and we all had an amazing time. We ended up extending our stay and then came back for a night after leaving to ipoh for a few days. It is clean and located right in the middle of jalan petaling (chinatown). You cant beat this price. It was 7 bucks a night and we all had good rest. This is definitely a mix between hotel and hostel but there isnt really much chance to meet new ppl. So dont stay here if your looking for that.

A great hostel, great location, very good value for money. My only request would be for the aircon to be used more effectively (it was just a tad too warm) and for the toilet paper in the bathroom to be replaced more often. Other than that, it was great!!

• 16th Jul 2015

It was stuffy inside. Even worse, there was the smell of cigarettes, which pervaded the room every night when I was there. One night, I even saw a man, apparently a staff, smoking beside the reception, but no staff stopped him. I tried to find any fire-fighting apparatus on the floor where I slept, but found none! It was ridiculous! I was so worried because the hostel is situated along a busy and crowded road, which is full of stalls at night, so if a fire breaks out, we have nowhere to escape!!

Hotel Chinatown 2 is near all the facilities. Free bus , monorail and excellent vegetarian dishes as well as good non- halal food . Staff are ever so helpful to first time visitors to Malaysia .