Hotel Chuo Selene Reviews

1-1-11 Taishi, Nishinari-Ku, Osaka, Japan

It's a great place to stay if you want some quiet and space. It's spacious, unless you sleep on the top bunk where clearly it's not made for the average person. But there are a lot better places near by that allow the same for less and involve more socializing.

This is a good hostel. it is located in a good place nearby an old part of Osaka, a little bit far from the main stations if you are thinking to make connections to other cities. Nevertheless, it has an easy access to the subway and metro system. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are big and clean. Biggest 6 bed room i have ever stay in my life.

All is excellent

• 20th Oct 2014
  • Thailand

Clean, very near to station, helpful staff, the room is really nice and spacious. We got early check in..probably bcause we had too many luggage with us that made the lobby looks crowded...or maybe the receptionist feel sorry seeing our tired faces... :p

This hostel was more like a hotel than a hostel. There was one staff member that I spoke to with very good English. This place is conveniently placed very close to the closest JR station so its easy to get around if you have a JR pass. The room were very clean and big for a 5 bed dorm. The only thing was that the top bunks were a little difficult to get into and were quite a squeeze. Just don't get up too fast or you'll hit your head haha.

It reminded me more of a hotel than a hostel since the facilities were great! Everything is as clean as it could be, some members of the staff speak really good English and the 6 bed room was quite spacious, which is rare in Japan. Jazz music in the lounge is another plus :)

Good experience overall. Though one bathroom for a 6 person dorm doesn't seem to be enough. I loved that this hostel had curtains for its beds which was a huge plus. Location was good in that it is right next to a subway line and walkable distance to spa world and shinseki. The sheets and pillow covers all had gross stains, but the shower and toilet were clean.

The hostel was conveniently located near the metro stations and about an easy 20 minute walk from the main shopping and restaurant areas. The hotel staff were very nice and polite. The rooms were decent and comfortable. They offer free coffee and tea in the mornings which is always a plus :)

• 5th Sep 2014

Great hotel! I am used to staying in hostel dorms so getting to stay in a 5bed room where I was given towels and bath robe was great! They also had free toothbrushes etc Really comfortable room and great air-con. Super handy for tennoji and spa world

Hotel with 2 dormitories at the last floor. Not quiet at all because of the rails just next to it.

It was a great stay and suitable for those who are on a budgeted trip. The room was small but enough for us to put our stuffs and move around. The bed was comfy and the toilet/ bathroom were clean! I can get everything I need there for eg hair dryer/ towel... I would go back there again if I travel to Osaka again.

Good location, clean rooms, good amenities. Only thing was all the lockers were broken and they ran out of luggage storage space.

The place was kind of hard to find but we were aided by about 5 sweet elderly Japanese and a staff member who came to find us. The staff was very friendly they were always concerned about us and willing to help. The JR was not too far and it was great for what we paid! No lockers or computers but there's wifi and a room for socializing. Overall, great place!

• 6th Aug 2014

An ordinary simple hotel which has some dorm rooms. Nothing special. Clean. Good for a nights stay.

Great hostel! I'd definitely stay here again :)