Hotel Chuo Reviews

1-1-12 Taishi Nishinari-ku Osaka-shi, Osaka, Japan

I found the overall atmosphere of the hostel to be uncomfortable and unwelcoming, it looked to dingy and dirty, there were not enough bathrooms or showers to accommodate a nine floor building.

positive : Staff very friendly, closed to subway station (dobutsuenmae), clean enough negative : just one toilet per floor, shower room on 1 floor (i stayed on 9th) recommended &'ll visit again

If you are a backpacker, it's a really nice place to stay! They provide towels, shampoo, body wash, those things that hadn't be provided in most hostel! The place is good because it's close to the railway station to Osaka and the airport. The money value is good but I find some place even more cheaper nearby. The reason why it's so cheap is the area is not a really safe area, but it's Japan, it won't be too dangerous.

I don't mind that the showers were on the first floor, but two for a whole building is unacceptable. The wifi was reliable though and the staff did their best. This isn't a hostel really though. Also the surrounding area was basically a dead zone.

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Good location, very close to subway station. Single room is very good and worth for what you pay. Only one drawback is only 3 private available on first floor for whole hotel and public is on the first floor which is not convenient (public bath also damaged and not available during my stay.)

Hotel Chuo is easy to get to and a great budget hotel. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, and it is easy to find from either the Dobutsuenme or Tennoji stations. The only downfall is the showers being on the bottom floor, a bit of a drag if you're staying on the ninth floor. However of you stay on the all girls floor there is a clean, warm shower waiting just for you!

big rooms, great value

If I am ever in Osaka again, I can promise all of you that I will be staying here again. The staff was especially stellar.

• 3rd Jan 2015

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

This was one of my favorite hostels. It's not frilly, and there isn't quite the community atmosphere I've experienced elsewhere, but they make up for it. First, when we didn't know that we'd make the last bus/train from Kansai, they said they wouldn't charge for the room if we couldn't make it our first night. (Biiiig plus!) Then, they were very helpful any time we asked advice. Finally, they sell Spa World tickets at a discount (and let us returned them after no-tattoo rule). Convenient locale.

• 19th Dec 2014

The staff was really good, the speak good English and helps us with getting to our next location. They also serve free coffee and tea for you, at all times! I loved it.

• 18th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

Only three showers for 9 floors of guests. Poor location, but right near a subway station, so I guess that doesn't really matter. Cheapest alternative in Osaka, so good value for money. Free, fast internet.

• 15th Dec 2014

Good location, just above the subway station. Walking distance to Tennouji (new shopping mall), Tsutenkaku, zoo. The building is old, but clean enough. Tourists and some locals stay.

駅から近いという面では良かったですが如何せん西成区に位置しているので街の雰囲気がかなり異様でした。 ホステルも私が着いた時には身なりが綺麗な人ばかりが利用しているわけではなく、大浴場は使いたくないなと感じました。

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Japan

The free onsen is very niceeee

Great place and the price is probably the cheapest in Japan. Cheap and tasty food nearby. Able to walk to tennoji if you need to and only 2 stops from namba.

Hotel was in a convenient location to jr line and subway. Place was run down but provided free coffee, tea and a water jug to refill your bottles. Cheap vending machines. Bathrooms I foubd were really dirty, 2 nights in a row I noticed the same pieces of garbage on the floor; so in my mind the floors had not been swept or cleaned. You pretty much get what you for paid for, good budget hotel though, and a decent place to sleep and keep your luggage. Wouldn't mind staying here again.

I was upgraded from a dorm to a private room at no extra cost so my review is based on that. The room was small but cozy, the bed was comfortable, the WiFi was pretty good, there was a TV in the room, slippers, towels, a mini fridge... felt like a prince compared to some of the places I've stayed in China - for real! Location is OK, 10 minute subway and you're in Namba, where everything happens.

not rly a hostel, very limited kitchen/common area and zero atmosphere.

Best location next to subway and family mart. You can walk to namba and see around. The bed so comfy and value to stay. There is free onsen.

• 4th Nov 2014