Hotel Chuo Reviews

1-1-12 Taishi Nishinari-ku Osaka-shi, Osaka, Japan

This was one of my favorite hostels. It's not frilly, and there isn't quite the community atmosphere I've experienced elsewhere, but they make up for it. First, when we didn't know that we'd make the last bus/train from Kansai, they said they wouldn't charge for the room if we couldn't make it our first night. (Biiiig plus!) Then, they were very helpful any time we asked advice. Finally, they sell Spa World tickets at a discount (and let us returned them after no-tattoo rule). Convenient locale.

• 19th Dec 2014

The staff was really good, the speak good English and helps us with getting to our next location. They also serve free coffee and tea for you, at all times! I loved it.

• 18th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

Only three showers for 9 floors of guests. Poor location, but right near a subway station, so I guess that doesn't really matter. Cheapest alternative in Osaka, so good value for money. Free, fast internet.

• 15th Dec 2014

Good location, just above the subway station. Walking distance to Tennouji (new shopping mall), Tsutenkaku, zoo. The building is old, but clean enough. Tourists and some locals stay.

駅から近いという面では良かったですが如何せん西成区に位置しているので街の雰囲気がかなり異様でした。 ホステルも私が着いた時には身なりが綺麗な人ばかりが利用しているわけではなく、大浴場は使いたくないなと感じました。

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Japan

The free onsen is very niceeee

Great place and the price is probably the cheapest in Japan. Cheap and tasty food nearby. Able to walk to tennoji if you need to and only 2 stops from namba.

Hotel was in a convenient location to jr line and subway. Place was run down but provided free coffee, tea and a water jug to refill your bottles. Cheap vending machines. Bathrooms I foubd were really dirty, 2 nights in a row I noticed the same pieces of garbage on the floor; so in my mind the floors had not been swept or cleaned. You pretty much get what you for paid for, good budget hotel though, and a decent place to sleep and keep your luggage. Wouldn't mind staying here again.

I was upgraded from a dorm to a private room at no extra cost so my review is based on that. The room was small but cozy, the bed was comfortable, the WiFi was pretty good, there was a TV in the room, slippers, towels, a mini fridge... felt like a prince compared to some of the places I've stayed in China - for real! Location is OK, 10 minute subway and you're in Namba, where everything happens.

not rly a hostel, very limited kitchen/common area and zero atmosphere.

Best location next to subway and family mart. You can walk to namba and see around. The bed so comfy and value to stay. There is free onsen.

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Thailand

We had a wonderful stay. Everyone was super friendly and we hope to come back.

• 31st Oct 2014

Very close to train station. Although, a clear direction description on booking confirmation would be handy! The room is quite spacious. The bed is somewhat comfy. It is soft but kind of springy so I woke up with sore back :( The female staff during check in spoke fluent english. Coin laundry on the ground floor : only one of them works (there are 2). Free coffee and tea on the ground floor. Good supply of kitchen utensils and small pots and pans.

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Thailand

The hostel is located near the Shin-Imamiya train station, which links multiple lines. There is also a subway station nearby. There is only 3 showers and 2 of them were broken when we visited but there is an onsen available. No locker was included but there are coin lockers available in the hallway. There was free coffee available

really GOOD!!! but location toooooo dangerous.. home-less, beggar, hipster... except that everything is perfect.

• 16th Oct 2014
  • choiyeri
  • South Korea

Better than other similar hotels close by.staff really helpfull and price ok for Japan.do not expect more for this price. Location ok as close to subway and 2 stops from namba

Hotel Chuo is in a good location as it's very close to a main train station which has direct lines to the airport and is also on the Osaka loop line which is helpful! The hotel was good value, the only downside being that we had to go all the way to the ground floor and walk through the lobby to take a shower (we were 9 floors up!). The public bath is a nice touch if your into that sort of thing although I can't personally comment on the cleanliness of it as I didn't go in.

Loved this hostel, very friendly, very clean. Great staff, highly recommend to anyone.

I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Chuo. My room was big enough and comfortable. The Hotel is very close to the subway and a JR line, and easy to get to the airport. Staff are very friendly and helpful with good English. There are plenty of cheap eats and a zoo / park nearby. To be fair its not the nicest area but the price reflects this, and I never felt unsafe. Try to get a front room or high floor if you are a light sleeper as the rear is basically on a train line.

I love this place! The only problem is the wifi doesn't go past the 6th floor