Hotel Cortez Azul Reviews

Avenida 5, btwn Calle 2 & 4, Del museo Jan Santamaria 100 mts norte y 75 oeste, Alajuela, Costa Rica

We had an absolutely wonderful stay at Hotel Cortez Azul! The breakfast and atmosphere was perfect, and the staff was so helpful and nice! Luis helped us rent a cheap, working car from his friend. In all, it was a great experience, and we plan to return before our flight out of Costa Rica.

• 25th May 2015

This Hostel ist perfect f or a start. You can easily get to the hostel from the airport. It is a safe hostel as is the area around it. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. Got to got to volcano Poas.

It was in a great location for needing to stay the night before my flight. The only issue I had was that my flight was early the next day and I did not want to turn the light on in my room so I went downstairs by the couch to turn the light on to double check that I had everything. The individual working told me I could not have the light on. I thought that was a little rare of a rule. I was not going to make noise I just wanted to see

After an 8h-long journey, we arrived here to hear that they didn't have any booking and that the hostel was full. We insisted and found out that it was not-so-full. Whether the mistake comes from this kind of practice is not acceptable. We accepted a 2-bed room for 3 for a lower price. The room seemed clean, but there was an horrible musty smell everywhere. We came back to pay, and had an argument with the reception which wanted to charge us more. Terrible.

Hotel cortez azul is in a good location. There is a good community kitchen to cook your meals. Its very good value for your money. The staff was extremely helpful whenever we had any questions. Definetly go to volcan poas. Its breathtaking

we have stayed for one and couldn't think about stay for another. the place has zero atmosphere, they close the lights very early and they don't let you out after 23:00 because the guy want to go to sleep. the worst thing was the bed.its was the hardest mattress I ever sleep in, and the bed was covered with plastic sheet underneath the sheets so every move you make making a noise, we couldn't sleep and got up all the time.

Nice "tipico" breakfast. good coffee. I would have liked the ceiling light in the room to have been a little stronger. Bathroom fine. Quiet. Close to everything in Alajuela.

This is a nice, cheap place for backpackers, but the street noise is extremely loud throughout the night dur to it's location in the town center, but overall we had a good experience there.

• 25th Feb 2015