Hotel D'Azeglio Reviews

Via della Mattonaia 43, Florence, Tuscany, Italy

Rooms are very clean, felt so happy with the reception, and very well worth the money

• 29th Mar 2014
  • India

I really enjoyed my stay here. The couple who run the hotel were the sweetest, most helpful, lovely people in the world. The breakfast that's included was fantastic. The only thing I didn't like was the shower, which kept changing from hot to cold every 3 seconds. It may have just been broken for those few days or something though. This is a basic hotel, not fancy at all, with only the bare essentials in the room, but for the same price as a hostel, you get your own room. Highly recommended.

Very friendly staff showing us Florence, great breakfast and clean room. Would choose this hostel if I go back to Florence again:) Thank you for giving us such a good time:D

A good place, it's worth what you pay. A really great breakfast. By the way, It is a hotel, so don't expect to use the kitchen. Letizia was very friendly, always worried about everything. We only had problems with the bedroom, 'cause of the flush and the bathtub. If you arrive by train, try the Campo di Marte train station, it is nearer than Santa Maria Novella, the central station. I recommend this place.

The staff is very helpful and friendly. Our room was big and comfortable but a bit cold in winter. The buffet breakfast was very good. Great value for money.

Great place. The hosts are great, so polite and kind. Big and confortable room, good breakfast and clean place. I recommend.

it nears the tourist area so there is no need to take any public transport. The staff are passionate to help people and provide a lot of useful information.

Highly recommend! Very clean, very nice staff, good breakfast, and close to the main part of Florence and the train station. We had a 4 person room for just 2 people (off season) with our own bathroom and shower, it was very nice! Staff does a great job in recommending places to eat, sight-see, and any other questions you had. We even extended an extra night because it was so inexpensive and nice!

Letizia, the host, gave us a map with sightseeing and restaurant recommendations, which was very helpful. The inn had a quaint feel and was clean and comfortable. Breakfast provided a variety of choices.

• 10th Jan 2014

We enjoyed our time in Florence, and our stay at Hotel D'Azeglio, however it's definitely a budget hotel. We requested a room with a double bed, but the double bed was actually just two single beds pushed together. The holder for the shower head was broken, however we were able to rig it up with a little creativity. Overall the place was nice, and breakfast was fine, however the place does have a feel to it as if it's just a converted office or something.

• 4th Jan 2014

This place was truly great! good location, very nice and clean rooms and bathroom. The staff was great! Letizia was amazing, she was really nice and extremely helpful, she even recommended some places to visit and where to eat and they were great recommendations! i would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone! thank you so much for making our experience so amazing!

At first, the hotel looked like a cheap motel, but upon entering everything is changed. The staff is very helpful and knowledgable about the area, suggesting routes and everything for you. The rooms are very clean and well kept, facilities are great. Breakfast was good, and people were friendly. Great stay!

The breakfast is very good. It is very well locatedans the owner is a very sweet lady who speaks many lamguages.

I think it would be hard to stay anywhere better for such a great price. Breakfast is great and the owner is beyond lovely. Our room was really spacious, it was like having our own apartment. The only downside was that it was a bit cold in the room.

Room was old but clean.Bathroom rather small and there's no partition between the shower area and the rest of the bathroom floor,so after a shower the entire floor gets very wet.Amazing breakfast though.Buffet style of really good cured ham, toast etc.Letizia and Martha were very helpful,they gave us excellent restaurant recommendations.Hostel located on the 3rd floor - definitely NOT good when you have heavy luggages.Lift pls! Overall it was okay but I dont see all the fuss made by others.

All great!!

This was my second time staying here and I had an equally wonderful experience as the first. Everything about this place is perfect and we had zero complaints. Definitely a must stay while visiting florence and I can guarantee I will stay here again. Not too loud of an area but still really convenient, very clean, great staff and breakfast, functioning wifi. Altogether a great, affordable place to stay for anyone visiting Florence.

One of my favorite hostels I've ever stayed in! This place was wonderful and I would highly recommend. Although at first glance this place looks like it could be revamped a bit, after seeing my room and taking it all in I realized that it was just an old Italian building and actually had a lot of charm. The room and bathroom were clean and the staff was incredibly accommodating and helpful. Showed us everything we needed to see and do in Florence. I will absolutely be staying here again one day.

This was a great place to stay! The location was great, close to everything but not on a super busy street. The couple who run the hotel were adorable and extremely helpful. They have us amazing restaurant suggestions. Will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Florence.

It's an amazing place.. Definitely I recommend you this hostel, the food, the staff.. Really everything here is incredible, and you only have to walk a few to get in the city center.

• 27th Oct 2013