Hotel D'Azeglio Reviews

Via della Mattonaia 43, Florence, Italy

Breakfast included. No soap and shampoo provided. Place a little rundown. Room was spacious though. Located on a relatively quiet street.

Excellent! The room was really good and comfortable. But most of all, the staff was really helpful.

The staff is very friendly and made me feel home. The owner Letizia explained me everything I needed to know about the hostel and the city. One day I sat down at their couch, my wallet dropped out from my pocket and I did not notice it, the next day the staff gave me my wallet with all the money and personal cards. I was really grateful and happy for that. At breakfast you can get bread, cheese, jam, coffee and fruit juice, in my opinion, it is really worth it for the price you pay.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Mexico

I stayed in this hotel for four nights with my family. It was great, Leticia and all the staff are always nice and helpful! The hotel is well located, rooms are basic but great for the price. Breakfast consists of cappuccinos, lattes, bread, yogurt, two types of ham, jelly, croissants, all items are simple but tasty and it helps you kick-start your morning. I really couldn't thank the staff more, they are lovely and I hugely recommend it.

The owners were so helpful and sweet! when we first arrived they spent 10 minutes with us showing us all the main attractions of florence and giving us restaurant suggestions on a map! they were extremely helpful and wanted to make our stay as relaxing as possible.

beautiful petit 2 stars hotel,perfect budget rates, continental breakfast complete, walking distance from everywhere in the city, peaceful nights, very big rooms with plenty of space, towels, hairdryer, we were very comfortable, Alan and Letizia are so helpful and friendly, they gave us a map just arriving and explained everything we needed to move in the city and sightsee around Tuscany, staff speak many languages and assist you all the time, my parents and I loved it !!.. I will come back !!

Very nice stay, could do with some re decoration as the walls were a bit manky. Other than that the woman who owns/runs the place was amazing and very helpful with guiding us on where to go what to see and where to eat or drink.

• 21st Jun 2014

Overall a decent place to stay. For 3 backpackers, it was all we needed. A big room, good sized bathroom and perfect location. Was walking distance to almost everything we needed. Not the nicest place, but for us it was just what we needed. I would recommend

Everyone said they had awesome breakfast...we're still trying to figure out why regular croissants and watery OJ are considered amazing. Maybe we expected to much.

Hi, we agree! On the website we don't advertise "awesome breakfast". It's a simple Italian breakfast, the best we can offer at this budget range, no hot meal as in English/American breakfast. Second, as you can see, not everyone says that the breakfast is awesome. Many people here have mentioned that it's quite basic. It's true that we don't have better croissant or juice than other places but we just have them abbondant, as ham and salami. You're right, you expected too much. Sorry.

Decent room for a decent price, stayed here for two nights and was happy enough. The staff speak a variety of languages and gave good information on the area. Breakfast was meager, but they made some good coffee which is enough for me.

Great staff and nice room. Al little bit old though. The location is not the best, but you have a bus just at the door of the hostel that takes you to the center in less than 10 minutes.

Such a nice place to stay. Clean, safe, affordable, andlose to everything. A lot of cheaper local shops and cafés in the area as well as some swanky places. The staff and owners of this small hotel are WONDERFUL people. Helpful and genuinely kind. My girlfriend and I are backpacking across Europe and this has been out favorite stop in Italy. Small town hospitality in a city. The breakfast was always lovely and a great way to start the day and they make fantastic Italian coffee, lattes, etc.

Excelent budget hotel, good location and very nice staff. Good for families and groups.

The lady who owns the hotel is very friendly and helpful (although I wouldn't take her recommendations to eat 'locally' - may be cheap but bad quality!). The room was clean and spacious, quite old-fashioned. The breakfast is quite basic but this is standard in the Italian B&B's I've experienced. I would stay here again.

The staff was extremely friendly, helpful, and welcoming!

Rooms are very clean, felt so happy with the reception, and very well worth the money

We arrived a earlier than check in time so were prepared to wait however Letitia was kinda enough to give us a room so we didn't have to wait. She kindly showed us all the places we should check out. Breakfast was fantastic which was very nice. A nice and clean hotel and very good value for money, will def stay again.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The couple who run the hotel were the sweetest, most helpful, lovely people in the world. The breakfast that's included was fantastic. The only thing I didn't like was the shower, which kept changing from hot to cold every 3 seconds. It may have just been broken for those few days or something though. This is a basic hotel, not fancy at all, with only the bare essentials in the room, but for the same price as a hostel, you get your own room. Highly recommended.

Very friendly staff showing us Florence, great breakfast and clean room. Would choose this hostel if I go back to Florence again:) Thank you for giving us such a good time:D

A good place, it's worth what you pay. A really great breakfast. By the way, It is a hotel, so don't expect to use the kitchen. Letizia was very friendly, always worried about everything. We only had problems with the bedroom, 'cause of the flush and the bathtub. If you arrive by train, try the Campo di Marte train station, it is nearer than Santa Maria Novella, the central station. I recommend this place.