Hotel DEAUVILLE (Inn, hostel & crewhouse) Reviews

2916 N. Ocean Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA

The place was very nice, as were Carol the owner and Dennis who runs the place. Made me feel right at home!

Very good hostel, felt like at home. Clean and calm. For some reason attracts some weird guests (like homeless locals sleeping in their cars or older ladies with a lack of social skills), but maybe that's typical in us hostels.. Very nice and clean rooms, well equipped kitchen, good location for going to the beach, nice owner and a good manager. I recommend this place!

This place was amazing! I met so many amazing people. The staff was very friendly and the property was also very clean. It's literally 2 minutes away from the beach. You can't find a better location for such a great price!

• 18th Mar 2014

It has what it has to have. Pool, close convinient store, nice kitchen and etc. However I could not believe even now I found at least 5 cockroches in the room and the bathroom. One even climbed up on my bed and scrolled on my arm. I ususally dont leave a comment but this one I feel I have to. Be careful staying there.

• 17th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

I'm very surprised to hear that. I would have like you tell me or the Manager so we can call our pest control company. They come every second week to spray every where. You were in the 4-bed male dorm and I remember telling some of the guests not to leave the door open. Remember that we are in the South area, near the beach. Palmetto are all around. In the future, you should always inform the management so they can act accordingly. I hope besides that, you had a nice stay with us.

Very accommodating.

• 17th Feb 2014

very secure hotel with nice staff and just like home stay, good feeling while staying there, i definitely will stay there in the future.

This is a wonderful, wonderful little hostel, right in the middle of Fort Lauderdale. All the people I met there, Lyndel, Darlene, Izabella, Gabriel.., where fantastic, we had a blast, we ate, shopped, hung out and even visited some part of the town together and I will hold for many many years the FANTASTIC experience I had staying there! And Denis the manager, who has a "tongue-in-cheek" attitude towards ruling the hotel is brilliant. I am going back (hopefully) for June, so I recommend them!

• 26th Jan 2014

great place to stay at Nort Beach area in Fort Lauderdale, close to supermarket, fast food restaurants and other stores and u can catch the main lines of public transportation close by. Nice staff and rooms very cleaned and comfortable, nice lobby and kitchen that made me very comfortable on buying my own food and cooking it.

staff is bad

• 12th Jan 2014

Hotel DEAUVILLE is impeccably clean and well run. The dorm rooms are spacious with double decker bunks beds only and plenty of shelving and storage place. The owners are very pleasant and welcoming. The pool and patio area is clean and relaxing. Highly recommended

• 10th Jan 2014
  • South Africa

NOT in the hostel world standard!

Hello Dennis, Carol and Andre. Hostelworld asked for review so of course I put excellent for all. Thanks again for the wonderful stay.

• 28th Dec 2013

Super friendly staff. Clean place. Free parking. Less than 5min from the beach and from the Water Taxi Stop.

Hotel Deauville is a great place to stay! I really enjoyed my time there, and met so many awesome people from all over the world. I'll be back again next time I'm in Florida. Hey Dennis! :)

• 15th Dec 2013

This is not a hostel. It's more of a motel with bunks in it. Location is average unless you have a car as public transport is non existent. I arrived late from my flight (10pm) and was stuck outside in the rain for 20 mins before I was let in.

continue improving the premises, it s the right way to go

I've stayed in DEAUVILLE hostel for 8 days. Denis the owner is great, try always to help. Fort Lauderdale is difficult city, you have to have a car there. The place offers private suites and dorms, there is no breakfast (seven eleven is around the corner), there are 2 cats of the owner are enjoying all the area. The dorms are nice and big, good matters, slept there good.

Dennis is a star - such a mother hen. Met wonderful people staying there and always felt safe. Would definitely stay again.

• 27th Oct 2013

Dennis the mgr was quite responsive to guest needs

• 26th Oct 2013

I was very lucky to get the brand new room. The staff was so helpful. Definitetely Value for money.

View all Fort Lauderdale Hostels