Hotel DEAUVILLE (Inn, hostel & crewhouse) Reviews

2916 N. Ocean Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, USA

The place was very nice, as were Carol the owner and Dennis who runs the place. Made me feel right at home!

Not a typical youth/backpackers hostel. More like a family style hostel since most guests are grown ups many with children. As a result from that the atmosphere is very quiet and boring. Location is not the best either. The beach is closed but it sucks. The good one is about a mile down the street. You are advised to have a car there and if you do the place becomes much better since parking is convenient and free. Staff, which is mostly Dennis, is ok but likes to intrude into your privacy.

Very good hostel, felt like at home. Clean and calm. For some reason attracts some weird guests (like homeless locals sleeping in their cars or older ladies with a lack of social skills), but maybe that's typical in us hostels.. Very nice and clean rooms, well equipped kitchen, good location for going to the beach, nice owner and a good manager. I recommend this place!

This place was amazing! I met so many amazing people. The staff was very friendly and the property was also very clean. It's literally 2 minutes away from the beach. You can't find a better location for such a great price!

• 18th Mar 2014

It has what it has to have. Pool, close convinient store, nice kitchen and etc. However I could not believe even now I found at least 5 cockroches in the room and the bathroom. One even climbed up on my bed and scrolled on my arm. I ususally dont leave a comment but this one I feel I have to. Be careful staying there.

• 17th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

I'm very surprised to hear that. I would have like you tell me or the Manager so we can call our pest control company. They come every second week to spray every where. You were in the 4-bed male dorm and I remember telling some of the guests not to leave the door open. Remember that we are in the South area, near the beach. Palmetto are all around. In the future, you should always inform the management so they can act accordingly. I hope besides that, you had a nice stay with us.

Very accommodating.

• 17th Feb 2014

very secure hotel with nice staff and just like home stay, good feeling while staying there, i definitely will stay there in the future.

This is a wonderful, wonderful little hostel, right in the middle of Fort Lauderdale. All the people I met there, Lyndel, Darlene, Izabella, Gabriel.., where fantastic, we had a blast, we ate, shopped, hung out and even visited some part of the town together and I will hold for many many years the FANTASTIC experience I had staying there! And Denis the manager, who has a "tongue-in-cheek" attitude towards ruling the hotel is brilliant. I am going back (hopefully) for June, so I recommend them!

• 26th Jan 2014

great place to stay at Nort Beach area in Fort Lauderdale, close to supermarket, fast food restaurants and other stores and u can catch the main lines of public transportation close by. Nice staff and rooms very cleaned and comfortable, nice lobby and kitchen that made me very comfortable on buying my own food and cooking it.

staff is bad