Hotel DEAUVILLE (Inn, hostel & crewhouse) Reviews

2916 N. Ocean Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, USA

The place is occupied by the older generation. So it is not so much a place for young travellers. Very close to the beach.

Hostel is in a great location, with nice beach around the corner as well as plenty of restaurants within walking distance and a bus stop across the street. It was clean, and beds were comfy. Biggest downfall to this hostel is the staff. I found myself sitting outside waiting for staff even though it was during office hours. Also, the cleaning staff threw my jacket in the trash and I was left to sort through dirty tampons and Kleenex to find it. Could be a great hostel if service was better!

I greatly enjoyed my stay for about a week. All my requests were met quickly & efficiently. Overall it was a very pleasant stay. My only one difficulty was that the bathroom in my dormitory was so small, you could hardly move inside it . Almost a claustrophobic feeling !!! The kitchen was spotlessly clean at all times.

I was pleased with the stay. Everything went well. No issues with security of my belongings or anything of that nature. The staff was great and approachable.

I'd recommend this hostel to my friends- great location and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• 12th Feb 2015

Friendly people in the bedroom. Good bathroom. Good and helpful staff.

• 9th Feb 2015

GREAT PLACE! Dennis takes pride in the property, and it shows, well kept, clean, 80 degree pool, comfortable bunk(s) , pleaseant staff. This place is above normal .. a pleasure to stay ... one bit of advice. parking is limited so park early or call , is however on easy bus routes, and many great places ,including Beach, are within easy walking distance. Pleasant Stay Thank You!

Stayed there the second time and in the meantime they even made some improvements. Absolutely nothing to complain.

A hostel in motel style with a heated pool in the middle. Comfortable and clean (shower could be a bit cleaner). A lot of free food in the kitchen, free coffee as well. Shops and restaurants just around the corner. The wifi stucked sometimes. All in all I would recommend it.

I absolutely 'loved' this place. I had had an unsavory experience in the past with another Ft. Lauderdale hostel & I was reluctant to try another. I must say I was very pleased with this hostel, the staff & the whole experience. The staff were lovely people (the truth). They went over & above to keep the clientele happy & at ease. I would truly & most sincerely recommend this hostel for those who are seeking a calm & comfortable stay. I plan on returning asap.

• 24th Dec 2014

It was a home-like atmosphere. The owners were very personable. Would definitely recommend.

I had booked a bed in a 4-bed-fem-dorm (3 nights in Nov. 2014 -USD 37/night without breakfast). My experience in the 1st dorm: An American lady - apparently not traveller, but long term user - who occupied almost all the space with her belongings; she was setting the rules, how and when I have to sleep, behave etc. Above that, the upper bunk bed was not safe, because one could fall down during the night. 2nd dorm: There was a long-term resident, too, who was ruling, whatever she could.

Always a great place and very very clean better then a 5 stare hotel o

• 14th Nov 2014
  • American Samoa

Guest rooms are clean and centred on a courtyard swimming pool with access to kitchen and dining area. Location is great as only few hundred meters from the Atlantic beach. Regular buses go into Fort Lauderdale CBD and take 15 minutes - access to Canal Cruises and other day tours (Everglades). Staff friendly and helpful. Good place for an easy going holiday.

If you're looking for a comfortable place to stay, close to the beach, this hotel will be great. It's not a 5 stars, but for the price, I think it's really nice. Great renovations

• 16th Oct 2014