Hotel DEAUVILLE (Inn, hostel & crewhouse) Reviews

2916 N. Ocean Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, USA

The dorms are good value for the money and the proximity to the beach is great! The manager Dennis was a bit overbearing at times, needlessly bothering guests over small things. But he seemed well intentioned overall. The other hostel manager Pauline was very sweet and helpful.

• 10th Jun 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel. really close to the beach, and really peaceful area

Thank you so much for choosing us. It was a great pleasure meeting you and having you here. We are happy that you enjoyed the place and we hope to see you soon !

Was a super stay, I felt safe, cared for and had a really fun stay. Was so close to the beach that I went to watch the sunrise, parking space for the car, clean and quiet- perfect!

• 20th Mar 2015

I was very pleased with my stay. Dennis was a lovely host. The inside of the hostel is well decorated and clean. I liked the beach a lot (much better then the FL Hollywood area) and there is a very very good Italian coffee shop 1 block away.

Thank you for making the time to do this review, it’s the best way for us to improve our services. Dennis is a very valuable employee within the team and he makes sure all our guests are satisfied. We hope to see you again the next time you travel to Fort Lauderdale.

This place is amazing! Best hostel I've ever stayed in. Room and bathroom are clean and update, very comfortable! Good vibes!

Thank you for your comments, we always appreciate hearing from our clients. We are still working on improving the facilities and renovating the place. Hoping to see you again.

Nice, friendly, helpful staff. Nice pool. Ample free parking. Great location, walking distance to beach and food. But tenants were old and there's no social atmosphere. Shower floor was pretty gross, towel had a wide variety of body hairs. No hand soap.

We take into consideration the feedback from our customers. We thank you for your review. We always take the time to read our clients' comments, it's a way for us to make sure we take appropriate steps to solve a problem and improve our customer service. You never know who will be at the hostel at the same time, clients come from different part of the world, with different age and culture, sometimes the atmosphere and just great, and sometimes, it is more quiet. Hope to see you again.

The housekeeper kept the place very clean but she was quite crabby most of the time. It would be nice if some sections outside were specifically non-smoking. Otherwise, I was very happy with the hotel and enjoyed my stay!

• 11th Mar 2015

Your review is very helpful and we thank you. A non-smoking section is a very good ideal and we will look into it. Thank you for being with us, looking forward to see you again at the Deauville!

When I arrived there was no one at the front desk. Door with access to the hostel was open, leaving it completely open to strangers to walk in at any time. Check in took forever, the manager is very very slow and he is the only one there. The place seems so dead, the kitchen closes very early, so if you plan to take beers over there to drink it, you most likely wont be able to because they lock the place down and you are left with nothing. Definitely not going back.

• 5th Mar 2015

Thank you for your comment, it's the way for us to make sure we take appropriate steps to improve. We changed our property management software and the system was new for all the staff members, we apologize for that. As far as the atmosphere, it always depend on who is at the hotel. The communal kitchen now closes at 10:30 pm because of bad behaviors from clients getting drunk and disturbing other guests. We make sure the guests know that so they can get what they need before closing.

Very good customer service. Dennis made sure everything was up to standard and that customers had everything they needed. Thanks for a great stay!

Thank you for your review. Dennis is very good in going beyond and like you say, he wants to make sure everyone is comfortable. It was great having you and hope to see you again real soon.

An amazing stay and atmosphere here. Dennis tips and guided tour of the hostel were great. Looking forward for another stay at the Deauville. Cheers,

Very nice place to stay

Thank you for choosing The Hotel Deauville - we're happy you enjoyed your stay. Please, come back again!

We come back again tks.

• 26th Feb 2015

It was a pleasure having you here, thank you so much for your review. We certainly hope to see you again.

The place is occupied by the older generation. So it is not so much a place for young travellers. Very close to the beach.

Thank you for your comment, we like to hear from our client. Unfortunately, at the time of your visit, the type of clientele we had was probably not what you had expected. We never know with whom we will end up, sometimes the atmosphere is great, sometimes, it is more quiet. People come and go and they are from difference places, at different ages, with different background. We thank you for your visit, it was a pleasure welcoming you.

Hostel is in a great location, with nice beach around the corner as well as plenty of restaurants within walking distance and a bus stop across the street. It was clean, and beds were comfy. Biggest downfall to this hostel is the staff. I found myself sitting outside waiting for staff even though it was during office hours. Also, the cleaning staff threw my jacket in the trash and I was left to sort through dirty tampons and Kleenex to find it. Could be a great hostel if service was better!

Thanks for making the time to do this review, it’s the best way for us to improve our services. We apologize for the waiting and we made sure it won't happen again. I was surprised to hear about your jacket, you were there on a Saturday and the female dorm is not serviced on that day. Nevertheless, we took the appropriate steps so that situation doesn't happen again. Hopefully, you enjoyed your stay and we hope we will have the chance to show you how our services improved since then

I greatly enjoyed my stay for about a week. All my requests were met quickly & efficiently. Overall it was a very pleasant stay. My only one difficulty was that the bathroom in my dormitory was so small, you could hardly move inside it . Almost a claustrophobic feeling !!! The kitchen was spotlessly clean at all times.

We always enjoy reading our client's feedback, and we thank you for your comment. We're happy you enjoyed you stay with us. Unfortunately for the bathroom, you are right, it is pretty small. We are still in renovation and we will see if we can do something about that bathroom. We hope to see you again at the hotel, it was a pleasure having you here.

Great location. Clean. I came in past midnight. No bed covers, blankets or anything provided. No instructions left where to get them too. Slept cold. Staff not in by 8 am per their signage or after waiting for more than one hour.

Thank you for your review and especially for letting us know about this particular situation. We took appropriate steps so that it won't happen again We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We usually leave a package on the bed so that when a client arrives after office hours, he has everything for the night. We were informed that another guest in the same room decided to change her sheets without asking us. Again, we are apologize and hope we'll have the chance to make it up to you.

I was pleased with the stay. Everything went well. No issues with security of my belongings or anything of that nature. The staff was great and approachable.

Thank you very much for your review, it was a pleasure having you. As you could see, we are a small hotel, which allows us to offer a more personalized and customized service. We hope to see you again.

I'd recommend this hostel to my friends- great location and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• 12th Feb 2015

Thank you for your comments; this is, in a way, the best recommendation a hotel can get - clients' reviews. We are very happy that you enjoyed our premises and hope to see you again the next time you travel to Fort Lauderdale.

Friendly people in the bedroom. Good bathroom. Good and helpful staff.

• 9th Feb 2015

Thank you for your review. We're happy you enjoyed you stay with us - you were traveling at a good time, we never know with whom we'll end up with, but good for you, you were with good roommates. It was a pleasure having you and we hope to see you again.

GREAT PLACE! Dennis takes pride in the property, and it shows, well kept, clean, 80 degree pool, comfortable bunk(s) , pleaseant staff. This place is above normal .. a pleasure to stay ... one bit of advice. parking is limited so park early or call , is however on easy bus routes, and many great places ,including Beach, are within easy walking distance. Pleasant Stay Thank You!

Wow, thank you so much for this review. It is always a pleasure to hear from our clients. We have more than happy that you liked the place. Dennis do work very hard to make sure everyone is comfortable and safe. He is a very important in the hotel's team. Sometimes, it is difficult to please everyone - but we do our best. It was really nice having you here and we sincerely hope to see you again the next time you travel in Fort Lauderdale!

View all Fort Lauderdale Hostels