Hotel DEAUVILLE (Inn, hostel & crewhouse) Reviews

2916 N. Ocean Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, USA

This hotel is a nice place and The owner is a really good man. I arrived late at night and everything was set up for me... Thx again Dennis !

• 21st Jul 2014

Online says the office is open to 11, i emailed because my flight was late. Arrived at 11;07pm. Doors locked. Called the after hours number twice, got the machine. I had a 41 hour layover in FtLauderdale, i ended up sleeping at the airport and trying to find another place the next day.

We are really sorry that you had to relocate. I just reviewed the office hours online and it says 10:00 pm. We also ask the guest to advice us if they expect to arrive after office hours. We send to all our guests a confirmation email reminding them also that we need to be notified in case of late arrival. We have sent the email to the address you provided to us with your booking. It seems that you were using a different email address.

The place was very nice, as were Carol the owner and Dennis who runs the place. Made me feel right at home!

Not a typical youth/backpackers hostel. More like a family style hostel since most guests are grown ups many with children. As a result from that the atmosphere is very quiet and boring. Location is not the best either. The beach is closed but it sucks. The good one is about a mile down the street. You are advised to have a car there and if you do the place becomes much better since parking is convenient and free. Staff, which is mostly Dennis, is ok but likes to intrude into your privacy.

Very good hostel, felt like at home. Clean and calm. For some reason attracts some weird guests (like homeless locals sleeping in their cars or older ladies with a lack of social skills), but maybe that's typical in us hostels.. Very nice and clean rooms, well equipped kitchen, good location for going to the beach, nice owner and a good manager. I recommend this place!

View all Fort Lauderdale Hostels