Hotel DEAUVILLE (Inn, hostel & crewhouse)

Fabulous 408 Total Reviews
Fabulous 408 Total Reviews

30th Aug 2017

Nice hostel, very clean, right around the corner from the beach. However, it is a good distance from downtown. Good place to get away and relax.

• sailingbrit
  • England, Male, 18-24
8th Aug 2017

Amazing value for such a good hostel. Stayed for a few days while I met with crew agents and finished up a yachting certification. While the location is a bit out of the way from down town Ft. Lauderdale (about 10 - 20 mins cab) the quieter beach and general atmosphere more than make up for it. The staff were incredibly nice and friendly, the dorms very clean & were well maintained. Loved the that the closest beach access (about 1 min walk away) was quieter than the adjacent hotel/resort areas.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review you stay with us, we really appreciate it. It was a pleasure having you here. We wish you all the success in your new career and hope to see you again the next time you visit Fort Lauderdale.

6th Aug 2017

Overall, I had a very good stay - I came in late at night and all the instructions were super clear (self-check in after hours). Everything was very clean, well organized, nice common spaces. The only thing is like other people have said, its not so much of a "youth / backpacker" feel. I was the youngest person around, and it did seem like more older people who were semi-living there (all very nice). so, not the place if you are looking for friends to party with, but good if you want quiet.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. For the U.S., this is low season, and you are right, we don't get as many backpacker as we do during high season. From June to September, we authorize some guests to stay longer, many of them are people taking English classes, or just relocating. Usually, we have real visitors on holiday during the weekends - unfortunately, we weren't here long enough to meet them. Nevertheless, we're happy to see that you were satisfied with our services and facilities - we hope to see you again, in high season this time.

• Jamaica, Male, 31-40
5th Aug 2017
6.6

Finally never checked in My gf didn't like the drinking in the place Also was not used to concept of 4 ppl per room

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment; I remember your girlfriend, she arrived very late, after midnight. She didn't know you had booked a bed in the 6-bed female dorm, she thought that at $30.00 per night, she was getting a private room. Not sure how such a mistake can happen – booking with “Hostelworld” – people usually know what they are booking. I did have a private room available for her, but she refused to pay the extra money and decided to leave. As far as the "drinking in the place" I'm not quite sure what she meant by that – the only guest she saw was a handicapped girl coming back from a conference – I actually didn’t really like the way your girlfriend looked at her, I felt sorry for my guest. Maybe she thought she was drunk, but it wasn’t the case. You probably have read all the reviews before making a reservation for your girlfriend – as you can see, we are a very nice, clean and peaceful property. This is not the place to get drunk and we make sure that upon check in, our clients are aware of the policy. Again, thank you for your review - even thought we can't really understand how you could rate our services not having been here.

14th Jul 2017

Really enjoyed my stay here! Staff - especially Priscilla - is just fantastic - really accommodating and helpful. Facility is spotless, mattresses are new and very comfortable...It's like a small hotel or apartment complex with a pool in the center. I was very satisfied, pricing was right, and I would definitely return next time I'm in town. Within walking distance there are some nice little restaurants and a handful of honky-tonks with great live music and locals out to have a good time.

10th Jul 2017

A nice little hotel/hostel. I was only here for a few days on a stopover but somewhat enjoyed my time here. Fort Lauderdale itself was not really for me but the hostel was clean, had all the facilities i needed, and was two minutes away from a nice beach. Priscilla (i think is her name) was super accommodating and helpful. The people I met were friendly, but not your usual hostel crowd more older folk waiting around for work or something similar

• Brazil, Male, 41+
23rd Jun 2017

Kisses for you priscila.

14th Jun 2017

Booked a female door and then woke up to a male in one of the bunk beds. Otherwise really close to options for food. Great staff.

13th Jun 2017
8.0

Decent facility for one or two nights. Good access to Ft. Lauderdale bars, clubs, and restaurants.

• Latvia, Female, 25-30
6th Jun 2017
7.4

Weird atmosphere,probably because I had to walk through kitchen/chillout area to get to my room. That is why it felt like there is no privacy. Chillout area was like a living room,studio type. Also, WC was between my room and living room,so people kept coming in and out. About bed, I am pretty sure the sheets were not changed. Didn't feel fresh,anyway. This place is cheap and is ok to spend a night there. That' s it. Staff was nice.

×