Hotel De la Paix Reviews

Bernastrasse 24, Interlaken, Switzerland

Stayed in the backpacker rooms upstairs. Room was very clean, great bed, small but had a sink in it. You share a bathroom and shower with the other suites. Elevator to the top floor of the hotel. Quick (

This was our first hostel experience and it was great! As for the things I rated "good" on: Security - door lock seemed a bit easy to break through. I wasn't overly concerned since I felt like the town was overall fairly safe. Atmosphere - had an authentic feel. Wish it had some air conditioning, but the fan we had was sufficient. Facilities - walking to a different floor to shower was a bit odd, but not a big deal.

• 5th Aug 2014

Breakfast staff not very friendly or helpful but reception staff were excellent. Bathroom in our hotel room was far too small. Only one PowerPoint in the room for the bedside clock which we had to use for recharging phones & iPad. It was great that there was a coin operated laundry facility as we had been travelling so could wash our clothes.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

離車站不遠.但要問一下當地人.櫃檯的小姐很親切很有耐心回答一切問題.是住宿的好地方.值得推薦!

We stayed at Hotel De la Paix July 18 & 19, 2014 in the Backpackers section of the hotel. The room was large and more than what we needed as backpackers. The shared bathroom and shower were very clean! The staff who ran the hotel were wonderful and very helpful with anything that we needed. The only thing was that there was no air conditioning but we just opened the window and let the Swiss air cool down the room at night. I would recommend this hotel.

Excellent hotel with super friendly staff, clean with all the facilities you need and near to town centre, but in a quiet area. Would definitely stay here again :)

• 9th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

Great location that is within walking distance to the nearby shops, eateries and Interlaken West station. Very nice hotel decorations. Staff are very friendly and helpful no matter how busy they are, having to attend to many guests and their own work. One of the receptionists, Charlotte, was especially helpful in assisting me to call up the company that runs paragliding activities even though I made the decision to go paragliding at the eleventh hour. Overall, great hospitality! :)

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Singapore

I was on a tight budget and this was the most I could afford (CHF60/night single share bathroom). It was fine. Great location. It would be great if the hotel spent a bit of money and updated the "Backpackers Corner" - new carpet and paint as I enjoyed staying in th attic rooms but it needs a bit of freshening up (the hotel could also charge a bit more then :-) . The view from the attic window was lovely and share toilet and shower room were spotless. Thank you. Yasmine

• 18th May 2014