Hotel Discovery Inn Reviews

Thamel, Chibhal, Kathmandu, Nepal

If you know how loud the street noise is, you'll appreciate this hostel's quiet location. Overall it is good value except that Wifi was very unstable in my room. The weather is getting hotter, so you probably have to open the windows to sleep. But there are no screens on the windows, so use mosquito repellent (I didn't and ended up with many bites.)

i can not stay here because the water had terrible smell and color. but when i ask the staff they said they they only put something like medicine into the water and they still drink this water. when i ask him drink he can not. it's awesome.

This is great Hostel for the price. Great location to everything that you need. Staff is very helpful and friendly. They can book all of your trekking needs here at the hostel.

prime location, frank staff and easy travel information , management. Nice sunny garden with umbrella where i enjoy wifi with tea. Near the hotel money exchange, laundry service, Nepalese food restaurant. I like to come again there. sunny room and garden facing location. Hotel managed me bus ticket, hiking guide in reasonable prices. I highly recommended this hotel. according to the choice and budget there are different types of the room. HOtel is quite location even it is touristic Thamel.

• 26th Mar 2014

Very nice Hotel and pick up in the airport in good rate. Hotel have quite nice location , nearby shopping center, Bar, restaurant. Room Tariff is good for we people who are back packers. Nice staff , informative about the tours , hiking and hospitable. i accept it is tourist standard hotel so i donot expect like big and high prices hotel service. safe bag storage room. I booked just one night and after pokhara again come same hostel. reasonable laundry service and free wifi.

• 26th Mar 2014

We had a really nice stay here, the staff were really friendly and made our stay very enjoyable. The location is awesome, nice big garden in front of hotel which is nice to chill out in and use the hotel WiFi. It is also really close to all the bars and restaurants in thamel. I really liked this place and hope to return soon.

• 11th Mar 2014

Thanks so much your valuable reviews for our Hotel. we are very glad from this and got inspiring energy to do best. we wish best of your journey and hope to get chance again serve you. we are always waiting your suggestion and feedback. Management team of Hotel Discovery inn Thamel, Chibhal, Kathmandu Nepal

Very warm hospitality i feel in Hotel discovery inn. Clean room, good location,friendly atmosphere, open mind people there. I got Garden site room. Hotel staff respect me as their sister and relative.another 3-4 hotel near this hostel, i feel easy and secure location. There is a travel desk and got a free information. i success to fix my activity after take the advise. I booked rafting and safari package from there. one of the staff help to carry my bag to the tourist bus station

The alleyway into the hotel is not lit well especially for a single woman walking alone.The room was very basic and so was the blanket, it looked old and tired just like the room. On the plus side the water was hot so I could always have a hot shower. There was a TV in the room that did not work. This accommodation is cheap and not cheerful. The passage light did not work, and to open the door in complete darkness is not safe or good. I would not go back as it is a very cheap budget hotel.

In a great location, the place was clean, tidy and very comfortable. Staff were fantastic- very helpful and friendly.