7.5
Very Good 249 Total Reviews
7.5
Very Good 249 Total Reviews
Hotel Dorothy Located at 200 mts south from the central park, San Carlos, Alajuela, La Fortuna.
Costa Rica
La Fortuna 21007 200 mts south from the central park, San Carlos, Alajuela
75% 249
10.4684764 -84.6445346
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 31-40
9th Jan 2017
6.6

Hotel has good location near the bus stop even if it is not directly downtown. Really quiet at night but impossible to het a good night's sleep because of the springs int the mattresses. I had two beds, slept one both. Slept poorly. My room had a small window so it felt a bit claustrophobic. Common space is an outdoor terrace and that is the highlight of this place. Hot water shower Kitchen basic but user friendly. The staff is very welcoming and helpful and that i really appreciated.

30th Dec 2016

Although the building is old and some rooms are not perfect, the owner is doing his best to make guests comfortable. He is very friendly and helpful. When I asked for a different room he immediately moved me to a better one. The hotel is in a good location and I would stay there again.

29th Dec 2016
7.1

The room was very secure, and the location was nice. The room was kind of dirty, and our room did not have bug screens on the windows, unlike the other rooms we saw there. We couldn't leave the room light on long at night or else the ceiling was covered in mosquitoes. The light in our bathroom did not work, and pieces of the ceiling fan chipped off at high speed while we were sleeping under it. The staff knew about these facilities problems when we checked in, but did not fix them

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
28th Dec 2016

We absolutely loved this hostel. The staff were helpful! Especially Robert, he made our stay in La Fortuna really fun with his knowledge of the area. Could have been a little cleaner but great overall!

26th Dec 2016
4.0

This was easily the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. The location is decent, the staff are nice enough; but the rooms were VERY dirty. My bed sheet had some dirt on it, and I saw a small red dots on it so I questioned whether it had bed bugs. I decided to just stay, but woke up the following day and got killed by bed bugs. There is no social atmosphere to speak of either. It's location is ok, about a 2 minute walk from the centre of town. Overall not a good experience.

• Canada, Couple, 31-40
5th Dec 2016
7.7

Near downtown. Balcony with lots of birds and a beautiful view of the volcano. Some rooms can be pretty noisy because the hotel is close to the highway.

27th Nov 2016
7.7

Convenient and right price. If you are looking for zero frills, close to Town and bus station this is it, but bring your umbrellla!

• Wales, Couple, 25-30
19th Oct 2016
5.7

Room had mould on the walls, ants in the sink, small hairs on the bed and stained sheets and I couldn't bring myself to have a shower. We were the only people staying there so no atmosphere. Staff were friendly and view from the room and terrace of the volcano was impressive. Room was cheap for a double but I wouldn't go back.

• delhiy566576
  • Poland, Female, 31-40
4th Oct 2016
6.6

Good location with beautiful view on the volcano. The hotel is safe & staff is polite & kind. However the rooms weren't not very clean, the kitchen downstairs was very dirty, the fridge was smelly. I had to change the room as the rooms at the back had very strong smell of damp.

• ericdeschambault1053
  • Canada, Male, 31-40
11th Aug 2016

Nice hôtel, good value for the price. It was empty when we were there so not much ambiance. It's clean and the staff is really nice. The place felt a little old though, would need a refresher. No A/C but there is a fan in the room. The beds were OK. It's really close to downtown and to the grocery store. There is a kitchen you can use and free Wi-Fi in the rooms.