Hotel Dorothy Reviews

200 mts south from the central park, San Carlos, Alajuela, La Fortuna, Costa Rica

The hotel is in a great location and was very quiet. The staff is very helpfull and kind. For the price of the room, I cant imagine there is a better option in La Fortuna.

There were pretty few guests. We think that's because this place calls itself a hotel, when it could really benefit from re-branding itself as a hostel. The price and standards are probably a bit low for someone used to staying at hotels, but great for hostel-goers! Nice, clean rooms with decent bathrooms attached. The common areas and communal kitchen also give it a "hostel-y" vibe. Suggestion: Make common areas a bit cozier, staff a little friendlier and you would have a kick-ass hostel!

It's allright. Not the most exiting but a nice room with warm shower.

We were over charged for the room as the staff were not willing to accept local currency at the exchange rate. No atmosphere. Disappointed.

Nice clean quiet place for a good price. My only criticism is that the directions on here are TERRIBLE (and incorrect) and when I told the guy on reception about the trouble I had, he laughed!! For the record, the pin in the map marks the church not the hotel and directions should be "From the bus terminal turn right then first left onto Via 702, walking immediately over the river. Take the first left on ave 323 hotel is about 50m on right". Maybe the hotel could update their directions!

Staff was very helpful with booking tours

We had 3 good days at Hotel Dorothy. Staff was helpful and could help out with booking tours with prices similar to the rest of the booking agencies. I really liked how we could exchange our towels to new ones (they don't dry very well in the humid climate). Location is close to the bus station and a supermart.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

nice location,

I had a mix experience here, but would prob stay again. Pros: Best hot shower I've had in Costa Rica so far! Rooms were clean and the staff answered all the questions I had about the area. Cons: Fan in my room was broken. There was no coffee in the morning, the staff was up and when asked about it we were told "later." Wifi didn't always work in the rooms with the door closed. No issues with it on the upstairs balcony or in the lobby.