Hotel Du Commerce Reviews

14 rue de la montagne sainte genevieve, Paris, France

Charging for shower is ridiculous. I took a double bed room and the bed size was very small.

Verry nice and clean hotel, the staf were verry kind. Good bed! Thans you for staying!

• 21st Oct 2014

The location was fantastic and central to everything, choose a room with a shower as the 2 showers for a non shower room are on the ground floor and if your room is 3 rd or 4 th floor then you are walking down a lot of stairs to shower. It was clean and close to plenty of shops and restaurants so very convenient.

• 17th Oct 2014

The whole layout of the rooms is strange. But otherwise the place is a great price for a central Paris private room.

Location is great!

• 8th Oct 2014

If you are a backpacker or you have a backpacker mind then this is a great hostel with an absolute value of the location. In a backpacker world it is clean and has the right facilities. Go there ans you will enjoy a great area of Paris. Do not mind the bad reviews. They are clearly not written by backpackers

Merci 15 mille fois:))

Location was excellent and stuff overall was helpful. What I did not like was very slow internet connection - it was almost not possible to use it. Double room in the courtyard was nice, though a bit cold and wet, and might be more uncomfortable to stay there in winter time. The shower room was sloppy.

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Latvia

I never do reviews but this place is an exception! Great place! would definitely go back again! The staff were very helpful! Room very clean and service was wonderful! Location is EXCELLENT!

• 24th Sep 2014

The bathroom stink. I stayed 2 nights with my wife and I ended up with bedbugs. Never going there again.

• 22nd Sep 2014

Hostel receptionist was extremely helpful on arrival, provided info on buses etc. Room was decent, had to walk outside to use toilet but didn't phase us. The only two faults I could pick were that the sensor light in the toilet didn't work well and the showers were in the reception area but other than that it was fine. Would definitely recommend for anyone looking for low cost accommodation in Paris which is central and where there is easy access to trains.

• 15th Sep 2014

Ignorent, arrogant staff. A room where the floor was slooping so much we had to move our beds around in the tiny space to find a way not to fall out off our beds. No information or compensation for this. Just a comment "oh, that room". Nothing more. Arrogant staff both when we came in the afternoon and in the morning when we left. The fact that this hostel has a central location does not balance how we were treated or how miserably the rom was. I´m never gonna recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Sweden
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This was my second stay here - I think it is excellent value for the price. The location is wonderful - at the northern end of the Latin Quarter and 5 minutes from Notre Dame - so it is a great base for exploring the city. The rooms are fairly basic but they are clean and comfortable and it is a good quiet place to put your head down at night. It is annoying that you have to pay extra to have a shower but overall it is a very good deal and I expect I'll stay here next time I come to Paris.

Comfortable room, but could have been cleaner (bugs in bedding!). Had to pay extra to use shower, thought this was a bit much. 24 hour/no curfew was a big bonus though and it was a convenient location to explore the city from, with the islands, Notre Dame, Pompidou and the Marais all a short walk away. Friendly and helpful staff.

Worst hotel I've ever stayed at, I informed them they had roaches and they said they would look at the room but nothing was ever done about it. The hotel was way overpriced for its facility. Do not stay here.

Exactly what you would expect for the low price in such a good location, a weird set up with acceptable hygeine standards, great if you are a seasoned traveller wanting to explore Paris on the cheap but bad for a romantic weekend. Really heavy building work going on next door at the moment though so I would avoid for the next few weeks. It was really, really loud.

Having 33rooms (x2ppl at least=66ppl approximately per night). Considering that each person pays 2euros per day for shower you have 66x2=132euros per day for shower use only. Now, my dear Hotelier, how about taking some of that 132euros (approximately) per day, and paying one cleaner / maid / or whatever, to SIMPLY clean the showers and the common toilets? The Hotel has a nice atmosphere and the stuff are friendly and very helpful! The price is amazing, but you get what you pay for! :)

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Greece

The hostel is very well located, and the woman who was at the reception by the day was very kind, but it's very expensive for what it offers. They have a five floor building without elevator, the bath costs two euro each, and I got an allergy because of the sheets.

Hotel Du Commerce is a 7 min walk from Notre Dame, which puts you right next to the river and near many sights. The room was large for Paris and we had a sink in our own room. The staff downstairs was pretty helpful and the free map they give you is a good map. Clean rooms with a great location

Nice hotel to stay at . They have a kitchen that could be available after 12 noon . You could not even use to make a coffee /tea etc. Other than that was a good place to stay.