Hotel Du Commerce Reviews

14 rue de la montagne sainte genevieve, Paris, France

This was my second stay here - I think it is excellent value for the price. The location is wonderful - at the northern end of the Latin Quarter and 5 minutes from Notre Dame - so it is a great base for exploring the city. The rooms are fairly basic but they are clean and comfortable and it is a good quiet place to put your head down at night. It is annoying that you have to pay extra to have a shower but overall it is a very good deal and I expect I'll stay here next time I come to Paris.

Comfortable room, but could have been cleaner (bugs in bedding!). Had to pay extra to use shower, thought this was a bit much. 24 hour/no curfew was a big bonus though and it was a convenient location to explore the city from, with the islands, Notre Dame, Pompidou and the Marais all a short walk away. Friendly and helpful staff.

Worst hotel I've ever stayed at, I informed them they had roaches and they said they would look at the room but nothing was ever done about it. The hotel was way overpriced for its facility. Do not stay here.

Exactly what you would expect for the low price in such a good location, a weird set up with acceptable hygeine standards, great if you are a seasoned traveller wanting to explore Paris on the cheap but bad for a romantic weekend. Really heavy building work going on next door at the moment though so I would avoid for the next few weeks. It was really, really loud.

Having 33rooms (x2ppl at least=66ppl approximately per night). Considering that each person pays 2euros per day for shower you have 66x2=132euros per day for shower use only. Now, my dear Hotelier, how about taking some of that 132euros (approximately) per day, and paying one cleaner / maid / or whatever, to SIMPLY clean the showers and the common toilets? The Hotel has a nice atmosphere and the stuff are friendly and very helpful! The price is amazing, but you get what you pay for! :)

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Greece

The hostel is very well located, and the woman who was at the reception by the day was very kind, but it's very expensive for what it offers. They have a five floor building without elevator, the bath costs two euro each, and I got an allergy because of the sheets.

Hotel Du Commerce is a 7 min walk from Notre Dame, which puts you right next to the river and near many sights. The room was large for Paris and we had a sink in our own room. The staff downstairs was pretty helpful and the free map they give you is a good map. Clean rooms with a great location

Nice hotel to stay at . They have a kitchen that could be available after 12 noon . You could not even use to make a coffee /tea etc. Other than that was a good place to stay.

Nothing fancy, but it got the job done. Very close to Notre Dame so pretty good location. It caught me off guard to have to pay to shower. I didn't realize prior to arriving that it was not private bathrooms since it's a hotel. Our room was clean and had a pretty view. What made the stay worth it was the manager. She was wonderful in giving us advice and recommendations on attractions and restaurants. She was very nice and extremely helpful!

• 17th Jul 2014

Staff is irresponsible! They didn't have change for our payment on the day so asked us to collect it later. The staff did not make note that they owed us and therefore refused to give us the change that they owed us! The showers were moudly and smelly and you need to pay 2 euros to use the shower! There is also no hair dryer! The room is poorly decorated, and it was very inconvenient that we had to return the key to reception every time we left the hotel! Stupid rule! And not secure at all!!

Cute hostel, reasonable price. Had to pay 2 euro to use the shower. Hostel was clean and well-kept and the staff was friendly. Good location, walkable distance to a lot of sites and very close to a couple metro stops. Very quiet.

Very Good location. I didnt like having to pay extra for the showers

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

The only thing that wasn't great was the wifi. It worked well in the lobby but was very slow and not always there in the rooms. Other than that, It was a great experience. The room was small but nice, and the showers were much nicer than I expected for shared showers! The location was amazing. I would stay there again in a heart beat!

• 5th Jul 2014

While I enjoyed our stay in Paris, the hostel was not what I was expecting and definitely put a downer on our trip. We stayed on the top floor (level 5) and found it incredibly difficult to walk up and down the stairs which was narrow and far too steep. The stairs were dangerous to the point where we even considered staying somewhere else. Also, the roof in out room was covered in mould.

Location was good and within walking distance to everything with a great patissierie, fromagerie and fruit store on the corner. However, found the hotel itself very inconvenient. Our room was on the fifth floor, at the very top of a very narrow, windy staircase. Whilst there was a nearby toilet, the only showers were located on the ground floor and cost 2 Euro per day to use! Some of the staff were rude as well, not happy about swapping clean towel or providing an extra bar of cheap soap.

• 1st Jul 2014

The hotel is good as a hostel. In fact, it is a hostel. The showers are downstair, in the first floor, and we stayed in the 4th floor, so we had to go down for a bath. The staff wasn't very kind. The price is good for a hostel, and the location is very good!

• 25th Jun 2014

It was very clean, the rooms were large and bright, and the value for money was excellent. The location is absolutely fantastic, and the hostel itself was great. The staff were welcoming and helpful, and I would highly recommend this place.

The hotel was good located, but the facilities are a bit poor. The shower is in the main floor, and you have to pass in front of the entrance door and the reception to have a shower. And these cost 2 euros extra per shower. The room was not bad, except the fact that the only toilet of the corridor was also outside the room.r. The worst thing was the floor of our room, it was inclined. So, at the third night I got up with a horrible backache. I wouldn't recommend this hotel in spite of the price

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Spain

最爛的住所!千萬別住! The worst hotel I have ever stayed!!!! When we arrived at 3:30pm, we couldn't check in. Because the cleaner hadn't finished cleaning the room. No elevator, we stayed in 4th floor. Cannot really catch wifi in the room. Shower area is really dirty, water around the floor. Charge extra €2/person for shower, so ridiculous! No air-condition. Very noisy. Only a thing is good, it's really close to Metro. They take cash only.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

The location is absolutely amazing, but the Hotel and its structure are very poor.

• 18th Jun 2014