Hotel Du Commerce Reviews

14 rue de la montagne sainte genevieve, Paris, France

It is a pretty good hotel. The worst part is the fee for shower, two euro per time per person. But the shower itself is very good.

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Taiwan

The responsable for the Hotel was really friendly and helpful.

• 9th Jan 2015

I would recommend to stay at this hotel, since the location is quite convenient to visit the most important places in Paris, either by walking or with the subway, whose nearest station is around 3 minutes away from the hotel. Overall they offer a good service, the rooms are big enough, although I must say it is quite annoying having to go downstairs in order to take a shower, and that the bathroom should have been cleaned more frequently.

Location is perfect. The place is clean. The only problem is water boiler runs out of hot water when multiple people shower at once... And you pay 2€ for a cold shower. Other than that... Super place!

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Latvia

Good is especially the location. Bad was that we had a room in the 4th floor and the only shower was in the ground floor. Also they asked us to pay 2.- Euro for taking a shower.

The showers weren't free, which was something that wasn't made clear to us on our arrival at the hostel. I've never been charged for showers before, and I think it's a rip-off. I won't be staying there again.

The location is very good, very close to notre dame cathedral. The room is not new but nothing bad. The bad thing is that there is only showers on the 1st floor. The staff is nice and is very near to a metro station and you can walk to notre dame cathedral. Really good, I recommend it.

정말 위치가 너무 좋아요 노트르담 성당도 걸어서 10분안에 도착합니다. 비록 호텔에 계단이 무진장많고 아침을 안 주고 화장실이 따로있고 샤워할때 2유로를 낸다해도 가격대비 대만족입니다!!! 방도 깨끗하고 침대도 편해서 계단오르기 운동후 숙면. 근처에 아침 시장도 스고 빵집도 있어서 아침 구경겸 식사 해결. 어차피 호텔에서 살라고 간게 아니고 도시구경과 편안한 취침이 목적이라면 추천합니다

Charging for shower is ridiculous. I took a double bed room and the bed size was very small.

Verry nice and clean hotel, the staf were verry kind. Good bed! Thans you for staying!

• 21st Oct 2014

The location was fantastic and central to everything, choose a room with a shower as the 2 showers for a non shower room are on the ground floor and if your room is 3 rd or 4 th floor then you are walking down a lot of stairs to shower. It was clean and close to plenty of shops and restaurants so very convenient.

• 17th Oct 2014

The whole layout of the rooms is strange. But otherwise the place is a great price for a central Paris private room.

Location is great!

• 8th Oct 2014

If you are a backpacker or you have a backpacker mind then this is a great hostel with an absolute value of the location. In a backpacker world it is clean and has the right facilities. Go there ans you will enjoy a great area of Paris. Do not mind the bad reviews. They are clearly not written by backpackers

Merci 15 mille fois:))

Location was excellent and stuff overall was helpful. What I did not like was very slow internet connection - it was almost not possible to use it. Double room in the courtyard was nice, though a bit cold and wet, and might be more uncomfortable to stay there in winter time. The shower room was sloppy.

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Latvia

I never do reviews but this place is an exception! Great place! would definitely go back again! The staff were very helpful! Room very clean and service was wonderful! Location is EXCELLENT!

• 24th Sep 2014

The bathroom stink. I stayed 2 nights with my wife and I ended up with bedbugs. Never going there again.

• 22nd Sep 2014

Hostel receptionist was extremely helpful on arrival, provided info on buses etc. Room was decent, had to walk outside to use toilet but didn't phase us. The only two faults I could pick were that the sensor light in the toilet didn't work well and the showers were in the reception area but other than that it was fine. Would definitely recommend for anyone looking for low cost accommodation in Paris which is central and where there is easy access to trains.

• 15th Sep 2014

Ignorent, arrogant staff. A room where the floor was slooping so much we had to move our beds around in the tiny space to find a way not to fall out off our beds. No information or compensation for this. Just a comment "oh, that room". Nothing more. Arrogant staff both when we came in the afternoon and in the morning when we left. The fact that this hostel has a central location does not balance how we were treated or how miserably the rom was. I´m never gonna recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 7th Sep 2014