Hotel Du Commerce Reviews

14 rue de la montagne sainte genevieve, Paris, France

Nothing fancy, but it got the job done. Very close to Notre Dame so pretty good location. It caught me off guard to have to pay to shower. I didn't realize prior to arriving that it was not private bathrooms since it's a hotel. Our room was clean and had a pretty view. What made the stay worth it was the manager. She was wonderful in giving us advice and recommendations on attractions and restaurants. She was very nice and extremely helpful!

• 17th Jul 2014

Staff is irresponsible! They didn't have change for our payment on the day so asked us to collect it later. The staff did not make note that they owed us and therefore refused to give us the change that they owed us! The showers were moudly and smelly and you need to pay 2 euros to use the shower! There is also no hair dryer! The room is poorly decorated, and it was very inconvenient that we had to return the key to reception every time we left the hotel! Stupid rule! And not secure at all!!

Very Good location. I didnt like having to pay extra for the showers

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

The only thing that wasn't great was the wifi. It worked well in the lobby but was very slow and not always there in the rooms. Other than that, It was a great experience. The room was small but nice, and the showers were much nicer than I expected for shared showers! The location was amazing. I would stay there again in a heart beat!

• 5th Jul 2014

While I enjoyed our stay in Paris, the hostel was not what I was expecting and definitely put a downer on our trip. We stayed on the top floor (level 5) and found it incredibly difficult to walk up and down the stairs which was narrow and far too steep. The stairs were dangerous to the point where we even considered staying somewhere else. Also, the roof in out room was covered in mould.

The hotel is good as a hostel. In fact, it is a hostel. The showers are downstair, in the first floor, and we stayed in the 4th floor, so we had to go down for a bath. The staff wasn't very kind. The price is good for a hostel, and the location is very good!

• 25th Jun 2014

It was very clean, the rooms were large and bright, and the value for money was excellent. The location is absolutely fantastic, and the hostel itself was great. The staff were welcoming and helpful, and I would highly recommend this place.

The hotel was good located, but the facilities are a bit poor. The shower is in the main floor, and you have to pass in front of the entrance door and the reception to have a shower. And these cost 2 euros extra per shower. The room was not bad, except the fact that the only toilet of the corridor was also outside the room.r. The worst thing was the floor of our room, it was inclined. So, at the third night I got up with a horrible backache. I wouldn't recommend this hotel in spite of the price

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Spain

最爛的住所!千萬別住! The worst hotel I have ever stayed!!!! When we arrived at 3:30pm, we couldn't check in. Because the cleaner hadn't finished cleaning the room. No elevator, we stayed in 4th floor. Cannot really catch wifi in the room. Shower area is really dirty, water around the floor. Charge extra €2/person for shower, so ridiculous! No air-condition. Very noisy. Only a thing is good, it's really close to Metro. They take cash only.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

The location is absolutely amazing, but the Hotel and its structure are very poor.

• 18th Jun 2014

The Hotel is in a very good place but the building is a little old, the hallways are super narrow and the street is a little bit noisy in the evening.

The hostel has an excellent position, near the city center, just 5 minutes walking to Notre-Dame and 10 minutes to Louvre. We had an regular room, with a shared bathroom and shower, but this didn't wait at all when we needed. The room isn't too big, but it's enough for 2 persons and it was cleaned only once in our 7 days stay in Paris, but you can always throw the garbage on the way out. You pay mostly for the location...it would have been nice to have the showers included in the price.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Romania

Fantastic location, friendly staff, lovely rooms with nice views

Although the location was great, the rest of the hostel was not. The staff tried to scam us on tours/shuttles in the city for much more than advertised elsewhere. Also they make you pay for your showers (downstairs) in advance and then do not regulate how many you take. The front doors are always open and unlocked, and we found the staff sleeping on the couches at night, anyone could have walked in unnoticed. Lastly, there was no air condition in our room. I will definitely not stay here again.

• 1st Jun 2014

Best location. Good rooms. Only dumb thing is you have to pay for the showers 2 euro a shower!

The bathroom is shared but are only two downstairs, which means that if you stay on high floors has all come down to bathe. By having to share with many people, it was almost always dirty. Thought it would be better, since you have to pay for each bath. If you have lots of luggage, be prepared to climb stairs tight. Had two unsympathetic members in the night staff. Despite good location, only positive point in my opinion, I was quite disappointed and would never staying there again.

The place has a great location

Fantastic location, rooms were adequate considering the price. Perfect for the budget traveller. Must be happy to climb a winding staircase!

This hotel was what I expected - It's a GREAT location right in the heart of the Latin quarter with a lot to do around it and easy to get to from all the major tourist attractions (easy walking distance). The cleanliness, security, atmosphere, staff etc. were all pretty average. You get a pretty plain room with a bathroom down the hall and the only shower (at 2EUR/day) is in the lobby - there are only 2 showers. Most hostels come with more ammenities for less $$, but are further away.

The woman that works during the day is very friendly and helpful, the night staff not so much, but not bad. A little pricey for what you get, but in a very safe area of Paris. I would stay here again.

• 12th May 2014