Hotel Du Commerce Reviews

14 rue de la montagne sainte genevieve, Paris, France

Really great location and the manager was really helpful on where to go and things to do! You get what you pay for which is just what you need when staying only a few nights in Paris. Stress the location can't be beat for the price.

We vere pleased to stay in centre of Paris (good value for money) but it is not true that you can prepare meal in the kitchen of the hostel like we read in the advert. Good for short stay. Milan

It was my second time staying at this hostel. Nothing changed for 2 years: still stupid shower policy - there is a single shower available just on the ground floor at the reception and you have to pay to use it..I dont see any logic behind this. The other thing is their kitchen facilities: why not to put a kettle to boil water? Is it so expensive? We had to boil water in the microwave to get some tea. The cofee machine was all the time out of order. The worst was to find a cockroach in my bed...

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Ukraine

Why was there a shower in the middle of the room? And it wasn't a bathroom, just a shower, without even a door. So after each shower, the room felt like a rain forest. Also, the staff was on facebook, while they were working and when there were customers present. Quite unprofessional.

We where quite dissapointed by this hotel because during our trip we've been to places cheaper and beter or just a bit more expensive but with a huge quality difference. Which place calls it self a "hotel" and has no elevator (our room was in the 4th floor) and charges you 2 euros to take a shower?

The location of the hotel was perfect! I also liked the cleanliness of the rooms. However I found it a little bit weird that they did not ask for our passports when we were checking in or out. I also think leaving the keys each time when we get out of the hotel was very weird. I wouldn't prefer to leave my keys whenever I am not in my room to someone else, since there may be a lot of valuable things in the room.

atleast you shouldnt charge for shower- its bad enough that the toliets are putside the room, and the shower is on the ground floor!

1. You had to leave your key at the reception when you left the hostel, while all your luggage and belonings were in there. 2. only 2 showers for all rooms with a shared bathroom, which were located near the reception; you needed to queue in the reception hall while other guests were arriving or leaving. 3. Kitchen facilities were extremely poor - you were even charged extra for a cup of tea or coffee. 4. unhelpful staff. 5. our room and bathroom were dirty and in need of maintenance

Amazing location, minutes away from underground and Notre dame. Warm friendly welcome. Very clean room. Showers away from room but clean, hot and powerful. Would definitely stay again.... We loved it.

• 7th Apr 2014

Just the best location! Near Notre Dame (it was the first what we saw when came up from metro), near Latin quarter's gift shops and restaurants, near Pantheon and Sorbonne. Many metro and bus stations around. Clean rooms, very helpful staff, free wifi. You have to pay extra 2 euros for showers but it was clean and well working. Good and convenient place to stay for a young couple or a group who came to see >> Paris's attractions (not to stay in hotel). Stairs would be a problem for old people.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Kazakhstan

Had a great stay here, fantastic location, safe, staff were all amazingly friendly and welcoming and had some great recommendations too. Been to paris several times and stayed in a few places and none have been as positive and relaxed as this place. Will be staying here again on my next trip.

Firstly this hotel has amazing value for money, it was very clean, don't let the price fool you, the quality was superb and yet the price so low. I have just come back to London after a marvellous stay in Paris with my girlfriend. I must say choosing this Hotel Du Commerce was the main factor our holidays was such a success. The location is EXCELLENT. WE WALKED EVERYWHERE !! Only 5 minutes walking, from Notre Damn. The staff were very friendly, can speak many languages, FREE WIFI and VERY CLEAN

• 25th Mar 2014
  • Greece

the black dude with glasses is a bit rude

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Romania

Amazing location. Walking distance from everything. Lots of places to eat and drink nearby. Just next to Notre Dam. The room wasn't great, but fine for a short stay. Had to pay for showers. Overall good value for money. Helpful staff.

• 18th Mar 2014

I really enjoyed my stay in Hotel Du Commerce. I felt like a monsieur in the 1920's. The lady at reception had a nice smile, was friendly and went out of her way to ensure my stay was pleasant and comfortable. I had upgraded to a room with an ensuite for only a few extra euros. The location is two minutes to Notre Dame and excellent restaurants, markets and shops. I will certainly return go here again.

• 17th Mar 2014

Excellent location, just by Boulevard Saint Germain and real close to a Subway station. The hotel is OK and the rooms have only what's necessary for a brief stay. Do yourself a favour and book a room with shower inside. The only real problem of this hotel is the room: they don't smell real nice and equipments are old and out-of-date. Good for a brief stay.

Too much street noise the bar next door (singing in the street at 2:00, 3:00, 4:00AM). Hotel du Commerce would only accept CASH, no Credit Cards! If I had known that, I would have brought more Euros, rather than pay the exorbitant rates at the machines.

• 23rd Jan 2014