Hotel Eiffel Rive Gauche Reviews

6, rue Gros Caillou, Paris, France

Not safe! The bathroom light switch was coming out the sockets...

• 22nd Jan 2016

The hostel is clean and well located in a safe area. The room was small and did not have air-conditioning. Fortunately, they did have a small fan. The windows leading out onto the corridor did not function properly as they could not be cracked open, and I felt a bit worried about an unauthorized entry in the night by leaving the windows open, though it was necessary. The €13/person breakfast is very basic with packaged cheeses, and is not worth it. Staff was not particularly polite or friendly.

• 19th Aug 2015

I stayed here in August 2015 and although the location of the hotel is great, the hotel is extremely run down. The staff was very friendly but the rooms were very hot and we we're told that we had to leave our room key with us if we left the hotel. In addition, we stored our bags in the office for the day after we checked out which didn't make me feel very safe because the door was left wide open and anyone was able to walk in and claim bags as theirs. I would not recommend this hotel.

• 18th Aug 2015

If a perfect location is what you want then this is the place! Literally a 5 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower and cafes and supermarkets. We had a wonderful stay here! It was a little hot and no air conditioning but the location is worth it!

It was a great value hotel. Very close to main areas of interest. But on a quiet side street. The staff was friendly and accommodating. There's a few cafes and pastry shops right down the street. A little far from grade du Norde but a reasonable cab fare (45) took less than 30 minutes. Everything was clean and met expectations. Would recommend and plan to visit again.

• 16th Jul 2015

Very nice place. Very close to Eiffel Tower. The staff was super nice and helpful. They helped me save 30 Euros by setting me up with a shuttle to their airport instead of just calling me a cab. Spoke English very well, much better than I had expected. Only down side to this place would be the breakfast, but its an optional extra 13 Euro so definitely get breakfast some place else. Other than that I was very impressed with this place!

This was a great hotel in a fantastic location between Rue Cler and the Eiffel Tower. Staff was always very friendly, polite, and helpful. The room was clean, bright, and very nice in general. The only negative is that the breakfast is not worth 13 Euros/person, but it is convenient if you don't want to go elsewhere for breakfast. I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Paris.

• 3rd Apr 2015

We picked this place for the location, 10 mins walk from the Eiffel Tower and the metro, and it was really well priced for a private hotel room. They have free wine and cheese out for guests each night which was a nice extra. However, you have to leave your keycard at reception whenever you leave, and they keep them on the front desk where anyone can access them. Also, while we were there full renovations to the stairs were happening right outside our room, which we weren't told about.

Initially we found it tough to find but once we had our bearing the proximity to the eiffel tower made it easy to find our way back. The room was clean and warm and while we spent most of our time out there was plenty available for breakfast and other services. Would return.

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

My parent stayed in the hotel and left this comment: "It was magical, the hotel is really the perfect place to stay for some romantic days in Paris. We were amazed by it the moment we stepped foot in the hotel and Paris itself." I am really happy that I found them this hotel :D

We loved our stay at the Hotel Eiffel River Gauche. Hotels in Paris are very expensive or outside of the city center. This hotel offers a good price on a great location! I think it's great value for money and I will stay here again!

Clean and close to the Eiffel Tower. The main area is a bit outdated but they did have signs saying that they are under the process of renovation.

• 18th Aug 2014

This is one of the most overpriced places I stayed at for what I get. We could get into the room before 3pm. the bathroom stank of urine and when we requested it to be cleaned for our second night they completely ignored us, very unfriendly staff. Untidy and messy. Some doors don't lock, some door swipe cards are invalid. They charge so much money, but there's no breakfast. They say they offer some wine tasting late afternoons but when we tried in our second day, there was nothing. Never again!

We had a small room for three persons. All was clean and the location was excellent in a silent street of a crowded and nice area next to the Eiffel Tower. The reception was open 24/7.

• 17th Jul 2014

Close to everything that is Paris!

• 9th Jul 2014

Do not recommend this hotel. I left the do not disturb sign on my door three days in a row, and room service still came in and moved my things around. The main staff also threatened to cancel my reservation a week before I got there, even though I already paid a deposit. Rude and snotty attitude from front desk.

Loved the location. Thought most of the staff was helpful, especially Amanda. She was awesome. The room way okay but dated. My biggest complaint was the noise. Our last night was ruined by loud guests. The night staff did nothing to control the loud guests until we complained loudly. There is no way he didn't hear them. This went on until 3:45am. No sleep led to a wasted day due to exhaustion.

A really good services but I have to share the bathroom and when I booked in hostelworld, they don't tell me that a pay for a hotel that I have to share the bathroom.

• 28th Jul 2013
  • Mexico

The hotel has a wonderful location and staff is very helpful. The room was just a little too small for 3 people (but that seems to be the norm in Europe) and the lights on their facade shone inside the room at night. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

I really enjoyed my stay here. It was a 5 min walk to the Eiffel tower and a short walk to all other major attactions of Paris. My only bit of whingeing is that the breakfast time should be extended later than 10.30 am. As the sun goes down in summer very late, (10.30),you tend to stay up late and get a later start. Especially after a big day of walking around the attractions. Other than that a little expensive but hey that's Paris for you. Staff were very helpful.

• 14th Jul 2013