Hotel Eiffel River Gauche Reviews

6, rue Gros Caillou, Paris, France

The hostel is clean and well located in a safe area. The room was small and did not have air-conditioning. Fortunately, they did have a small fan. The windows leading out onto the corridor did not function properly as they could not be cracked open, and I felt a bit worried about an unauthorized entry in the night by leaving the windows open, though it was necessary. The €13/person breakfast is very basic with packaged cheeses, and is not worth it. Staff was not particularly polite or friendly.

• 19th Aug 2015

I stayed here in August 2015 and although the location of the hotel is great, the hotel is extremely run down. The staff was very friendly but the rooms were very hot and we we're told that we had to leave our room key with us if we left the hotel. In addition, we stored our bags in the office for the day after we checked out which didn't make me feel very safe because the door was left wide open and anyone was able to walk in and claim bags as theirs. I would not recommend this hotel.

• 18th Aug 2015

If a perfect location is what you want then this is the place! Literally a 5 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower and cafes and supermarkets. We had a wonderful stay here! It was a little hot and no air conditioning but the location is worth it!

It was a great value hotel. Very close to main areas of interest. But on a quiet side street. The staff was friendly and accommodating. There's a few cafes and pastry shops right down the street. A little far from grade du Norde but a reasonable cab fare (45) took less than 30 minutes. Everything was clean and met expectations. Would recommend and plan to visit again.

• 16th Jul 2015

Very nice place. Very close to Eiffel Tower. The staff was super nice and helpful. They helped me save 30 Euros by setting me up with a shuttle to their airport instead of just calling me a cab. Spoke English very well, much better than I had expected. Only down side to this place would be the breakfast, but its an optional extra 13 Euro so definitely get breakfast some place else. Other than that I was very impressed with this place!